Photo

Magstrike Or Rapid Fire 20

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Magstrike or Rapid Fire 20 (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Do You Prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Basilisk

Basilisk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

The Magstrike and RF20 are both seemingly good blasters and I want to buy one of them, they seem to be well worth it, both of them, but I can't buy both. I know the Magstrike is much cheaper but the RF20 holds/fires more darts in one round. I just want to know NIC's general opinion before I spend my money.

Thanks

Edit: Ranges? Accuracy?

Edited by Basilisk, 11 May 2009 - 06:47 PM.

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."
-Carbon

#2 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

The Magstrike and RF20 are both seemingly good blasters and I want to buy one of them, they seem to be well worth it, both of them, but I can't buy both. I know the Magstrike is much cheaper but the RF20 holds/fires more darts in one round. I just want to know NIC's general opinion before I spend my money.

Thanks

But the RF20 takes longer to reload.
They're basically the same gun, so its all up to what you like best. Neither one is greater than the other.
I personally like the Magstrike better, but that's just me.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

There have been far too many threads like this. About the same thing. I kind of like the magstrike better because it's lighter and is balanced better, but that's only my opinion. Just choose for yourself based on what you want.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#4 hardshot

hardshot

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

I think the thing that make ther magstrike more apealing to me is the fact that it uses clips. With the right modifications, you can make your magstrike shoot 3 clips without having to pump again.

Edited by hardshot, 11 May 2009 - 08:35 PM.

NEON GREEN DARTS! FINALLY!

I've Been Dreaming of this day.

-Baghead

If you are CANADIAN, Join the Canadian nerf site right now! Click me if your canadian

#5 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

The rapidfire 20 uses more darts, but the magstrike has faster firing and less pumps. They are bolth really good guns. :(

Edited by faddle, 11 May 2009 - 08:40 PM.

NERFSTRONG#114

#6 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Let me get it stated here and now;

Magstrike:
Lighter
Less awkward
Less dart capacity
Clips
Easier to mod(?)

RF20:
Awkward
Bulky
20 dart capacity, difficult to reload
Higher % of working out of the box

They have close to the same propulsion systems.
From what I've heard, most people think the magstrike is superior, but you should try it out for yourself.

Edited by Foamfoot, 11 May 2009 - 09:44 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#7 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

Here should be your basis. If you have a little extra money to invest into the blaster get the rf20 and buy extra drums and a good barrel material. If you have limited access to supplies and lesser modding skills get the ms and mod it to the extreme. Also depends on the wars/style you play. If you need more explaining let me know.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#8 Basilisk

Basilisk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:08 AM

Thank you all. I don't really want to mod the one I get much, although I will. My style of nerfing has to do with agility not power (hate the vulcan). And one last question, with the ARs removed, does the ms accept all dart types?

Edit: What kinds of mods does anyone suggest, I've seen some of them but I just want to know if you have any suggestions.

Edited by Basilisk, 12 May 2009 - 07:09 AM.

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."
-Carbon

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:37 AM

"Which gun should I buy" or other such requests for the forum to do your thinking or researching for you is not permitted here. Please avoid making similar threads in the future.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users