Photo

Dart Stretching

2 replies to this topic

#1 fuzz080

fuzz080

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hey guys, I have a question. What is dart stretching and how do you do it? Before you start yelling at me, I did search, and couldn't find anything on how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
I've all ready heard the story about copper is the stuff that comes from in bettween your grandpas legs but other than that i really don't know.

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

I assume you mean stretching foam before cutting blanks. You attach one end of the foam to some light weight and the other end to rafters/etc. This straightens the foam without expanding it like heating it will. People do this when they have foam that's too big for their barrels. I don't really see the point, just get a barrel material that fits your foam.

Then again, I know everyone was a newb at some point and I bet you most of the people here (myself included) barreled guns based on an inconsistent foam source (pretty much anything you get at a hardware store). Then we realized we needed a reliable foam that fit our already re-barreled guns.

#3 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

I actually knew someone who once stretched some FBR because he thought it would give him more darts. No joke.

I guess you might get 1-2 out of it :D
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users