Photo

Recon Forgrip Mod

26 replies to this topic

#1 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

Alright to mod your recon to pump like a shotgun you (1) Take the flip up sight and open it remove the internals then screw the shell back together (2) Take a drill bit about 3/16" bore drill a hole on the opposite side of the side the sight was about a cenimeter from the very front so it looks like this

http://i626.photobuc.../Picture083.jpg

(3) On the grip on top drill a hole right behind the the protrusion that stops the attatchment from sliding off.

http://i626.photobuc.../Picture084.jpg
Like so

(4) Remove the same protrusion on the bottom of the barrel extention. then unwind a wire hanger and stick it through the holes you made (5) twist the two ends together like you would a twist tie (6) Bend towards the hanger then duct tape the twist so you don't cut yourself on it.

http://i626.photobuc.../Picture085.jpg

The finished product should look like this

http://i626.photobuc.../Picture077.jpg

I added better quality pics
P.S. This is my first write-up so sorry if it is bad :unsure:
P.S.S Srry for poor quality pics

Edited by from russia with nerf, 02 May 2009 - 10:20 AM.

"shaken not stirred"

#2 Squilt

Squilt

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:29 PM

Not to be mean but try to include pics and spread out the directions in a list sorta.
Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr.... oOoo...

Wait, your licking hot glue?Insane. But I like it.

-- Spyder S.nyper

#3 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

Not to be mean but try to include pics and spread out the directions in a list sorta.

I cannot get pics to web to post
"shaken not stirred"

#4 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

alright to mod your recon to pump like a shotgun you first take th flip up sight and open it remove the internals then screw the shell back together then take a drill bit about 3/16" bore drill a hole om the opposite side of the side the sight was about a cenimeter from the very front. then on the grip on topdrill a hole right behind the the protrusion that stops the attatchment from sliding off. then remove the same protrusion on the bottom of the barrel extention. then unwind a wire hanger and stick it through the holes you made then twist the two ends together like you would a twist tie then bend towards the hanger then duct tape the twist so you don't cust yourself on it.
P.S. this is my first write-up so sorry if it is bad :lol:

First off welcome I the Haven!
But this has been done before. And pics would help alot.
Just so you hear it from me rather then a admin, shift when you need to. We don't like bad grammer. ;)
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

alright to mod your recon to pump like a shotgun you first take th flip up sight and open it remove the internals then screw the shell back together then take a drill bit about 3/16" bore drill a hole om the opposite side of the side the sight was about a cenimeter from the very front. then on the grip on topdrill a hole right behind the the protrusion that stops the attatchment from sliding off. then remove the same protrusion on the bottom of the barrel extention. then unwind a wire hanger and stick it through the holes you made then twist the two ends together like you would a twist tie then bend towards the hanger then duct tape the twist so you don't cust yourself on it.

A write-up without images will not do. See this thread for how to post images. There are tons of free image hosts out there.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=1497

Also, correct punctuation, spelling, and capitalization are a must.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 wisdom000

wisdom000

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

I am kinda sad this guy is going to get banned for not paying attention to the warnings the mods already gave him before I see his "banana clip" "Tech-9" mod....

Edited by wisdom000, 01 May 2009 - 09:49 PM.

Datafortress 2020, the largest and most comprehensive Cyberpunk 2020 site in the world, home of Interlock Unlimited:
http://datafortress2020.110mb.com/

#7 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

A write-up without images will not do. See this thread for how to post images. There are tons of free image hosts out there.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=1497

Also, correct punctuation, spelling, and capitalization are a must.

Ty for being so nice in you post instead of telling me to shut up.
"shaken not stirred"

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

Ty for being so nice in you post instead of telling me to shut up.

Your post quality is still unacceptable. If you do not improve it I won't ask you to shut up, but I will remove your ability to make more of them.

Please read and abide by the board rules. No further warnings will be issued.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

Off topic: Holy crap dude, you are seriously lucky, you have received three final warnings and haven't been suspended yet.

On topic: I really am interested in what you have to say, could you please put up some pictures of what you are talking about? If this is not possible can you at least go into further detail? I am having trouble following.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#10 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:32 AM

Even though I can't make out absolutely anything in those illegible pictures, I'm pretty sure you just took the flip up sight, took something cylinderish, and glued it to the barrel extension. Been done a million times.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#11 wisdom000

wisdom000

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:36 AM

So um... wheres the banana clip? What is the "Tech-9" mod?
Datafortress 2020, the largest and most comprehensive Cyberpunk 2020 site in the world, home of Interlock Unlimited:

#12 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

I'm not posting those.
"shaken not stirred"

#13 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Even though I can't make out absolutely anything in those illegible pictures, I'm pretty sure you just took the flip up sight, took something cylinderish, and glued it to the barrel extension. Been done a million times.

No I drilled a hole in the sight and put the coat hanger through it than did the same for the grey part on top.

Edited by from russia with nerf, 02 May 2009 - 09:35 AM.

"shaken not stirred"

#14 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

The tec 9 mod was me posting how my recon looks like a chinese smg called the Tec 9.

Edited by from russia with nerf, 02 May 2009 - 09:35 AM.

"shaken not stirred"

#15 Elwood

Elwood

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:03 AM

Alright to mod your recon to pump like a shotgun you;
(1) Take the flip up sight and open it, remove the internals then screw the shell back together.
(2) Take a 3/16" drill bit, bore a hole on the opposite side of the side the sight was about a centimeter from the very front so it looks like this;

Posted Image

(3) On the top of the grip drill a hole right behind the the protrusion that stops the attatchment from sliding off.

Posted Image
Like so.

(4) Remove the same protrusion on the bottom of the barrel extention. Then unwind a wire hanger and stick it through the holes you made.
(5) Twist the two ends together like you would a twist tie.
(6) Bend towards the hanger then duct tape the twist so you don't cut yourself on it.

Posted Image

The finished product should look like this;
Posted Image

I added better quality pics.
P.S. This is my first write-up, so I'm sorry if it's unadequate.
P.S.S Sorry for poor quality pics.

Fixed his Pictures. If you don't mind, I fixed some spelling errors too (in the quote).
QUOTE(JATDO @ Jun 15 2009, 07:19 PM) View Post

I know someone has put a BBBB in the rear.

#16 shadowmancer

shadowmancer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

That shotgun mod looks interesting, I might try that.

Edited by shadowmancer, 02 May 2009 - 05:35 PM.

#17 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Just as a suggestion, when taking pictures, unless your camera has a "close up" feature, you might need to hold it farther away, so as not to blur the picture. I would rather have a far away, good quality picture than a grainy close up.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#18 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

I'm still working on the pics they are up but still bad quality.

Edited by from russia with nerf, 02 May 2009 - 11:44 PM.

"shaken not stirred"

#19 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:49 PM

Just as a suggestion, when taking pictures, unless your camera has a "close up" feature, you might need to hold it farther away, so as not to blur the picture. I would rather have a far away, good quality picture than a grainy close up.

My camera has zoom but zoom causes bad quality this is about as good as it will get.
"shaken not stirred"

#20 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:11 AM

Wisdom why can you not let those things go.
Yes, those posts were mistakes but I don't take every mastake you've made and repedely rub it in your face.
"shaken not stirred"

#21 nerfkid3

nerfkid3

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:49 AM

Okay first how the hell hasn't this guy been suspended or banned yet

A word for the wise, Read the CoC and memorize it by heart or you will die here.
Also do not argue with admins or anybody that is disrespectful which is bad to do to anyone no matter if they are a member, contributor, or ADMIN

And from now on use proper grammar my 10 year old brother writes better then you and he has a learning disability. As well as don't post more then once use the edit button.

Last but not least use the search function before you post a mod because it might have already been done.

Nk3

-------------
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#22 wisdom000

wisdom000

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:28 AM

Yes, those posts were mistakes but I don't take every mastake you've made and repedely rub it in your face.

Dude... what?????

I have mentioned them a total of twice. 1 time saying I hoped you didn't get banned (for your consistantly poor grammar and posting quality) before I saw them. Which in other words meant I was on your side. The 2nd time I was simply asking what you were talking about.

You have replied to that second post 3 times now. So I have to ask... Are you on drugs or something?????

#23 Icey

Icey

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

I hate to break it to you but, It's kind of ugly and it doesn't look that sturdy. Basically what I made was this.
I'm so sorry for the blurry pictures I dropped my camera a while ago >.<.
http://img382.images...548/dcp1702.jpg
I took a block of wood and bent two aluminum strips to make it fit onto the rail system.
http://img517.images...674/dcp1706.jpg
(I hope you can see that :unsure:)
I then bent an aluminum bar that you screw to the front of the wood (lots of adjustments to get the angle right) that you can epoxy it to the cocking slide. http://img382.images...461/dcp1703.jpg You slide it on the front part like that, and you glue it on to the slide.
Sorry I couldn't show it on my Recon. It is in pieces all around my house because it broke and I've been trying to fix it.
Haven't been on here since what...like 2006?

#24 legacy179

legacy179

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

Okay first, how the hell hasn't this guy been suspended or banned yet?

A word for the wise, Read the CoC and memorize it by heart or you will die here.
Also do not argue with admins, or anybody, that is disrespectful which is bad to do to anyone no matter if they are a member, contributor, or ADMIN.

And from now on use proper grammar; my 10 year old brother writes better than you and he has a learning disability. As well as don't post more then once, use the edit button.

Last but not least, use the search function before you post a mod because it might have already been done.

Nk3

-------------

Ahh, the irony.

Well, I fixed YOUR punctuation. Seeing as how you write, I would hate seeing your 10 year old brother's writing.

Anyway going back on topic, nice mod, glad to see new ideas here. The wire looks a bit flimsy, and might bend over usage. Have you thought about using some Mechanix parts? I always found those little strips of metal with screw holes in them useful for modifications.

Edited by legacy179, 03 May 2009 - 11:19 AM.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

#25 from russia with nerf

from russia with nerf

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

Dude... what?????

I have mentioned them a total of twice. 1 time saying I hoped you didn't get banned (for your consistantly poor grammar and posting quality) before I saw them. Which in other words meant I was on your side. The 2nd time I was simply asking what you were talking about.

You have replied to that second post 3 times now. So I have to ask... Are you on drugs or something?????

no I just forget easly
"shaken not stirred"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users