Photo

Brit's Paint Tutorial

31 replies to this topic

#26 Gym

Gym

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

What has been your experience with the effect of sweat on the paint? With the exception of Vinyl Dye or Coating I have experienced stickiness and even had the paint rub off over very little time. I expect that your multiple layers of varnish help prevent deterioration, but do you still have a problem with stickiness? Thanks.

#27 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • State:England

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

What has been your experience with the effect of sweat on the paint? With the exception of Vinyl Dye or Coating I have experienced stickiness and even had the paint rub off over very little time. I expect that your multiple layers of varnish help prevent deterioration, but do you still have a problem with stickiness? Thanks.

I can't say I have had experience with that. So far that is. My paint usually dries quickly and with a smooth finish, no stickiness. A layer on varnish after anf its still the same.

#28 Gym

Gym

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

I wasn't as clear as I should have been so I will clarify. When you use your blaster in a war does it get sticky around the grip as a result of contact between your hand and the paint? Thanks.

#29 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

I have a tip on spray paint.
If you suck at hand painting like me, and are trying to tape a non-straight line, put the tape comepltely covering the edge of where you're trying to paint. Then, press down hard until you can see the lines in the shell again. Take out a razor knife and gently cut along the lines that you see.
It worked beautifully on my LS/titan.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#30 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • State:England

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

I wasn't as clear as I should have been so I will clarify. When you use your blaster in a war does it get sticky around the grip as a result of contact between your hand and the paint? Thanks.

Not so far. Although, I wear fingerless gloves, so I've no idea. I may do a war without and see what happens.

#31 wisdom000

wisdom000

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

The Scout I bought from Venom arrived yesterday. A standard red and black version. Today it looks like this.

Posted Image

At a challenge from Britnerfmogul, I hand painted this. still not sold of hand painting over spray, especially for the gray, but I gotta admit, I do like the way this turned out.
Datafortress 2020, the largest and most comprehensive Cyberpunk 2020 site in the world, home of Interlock Unlimited:
http://datafortress2020.110mb.com/

#32 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

Great job, it does me well to know that theres some cool painters out there. :) Keep up the great work.

I am a mac and proud of it!
"When the pin is pulled Mr. grenade is not your friend." -US army training manual

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

copy and paste this to your Sig if you are a mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users