The Man With The Golden Gun

Contract fulfilled

24 replies to this topic

#1 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

Not too long ago I was contacted by a fellow modder and member of our Haven about a very disturbing dilemma that had befallen him. A trusted and beloved companion of his had recently fallen in battle, with no hope of re-iterating it's final shot. That's right, his faithful blaster had failed him, broken, beyond repair.
Not one to let such a tragedy, no, such a travesty go unanswered, I felt obliged to heed his request for my aid.
With no un-due haste, I began this undertaking, this resurrection if you will, of his battle-hardened side-arm bearing the designation of "Recon CS-6".

I was given a picture, and I got myself a canvas to work upon.
And she has risen from the ashes of her former self, to do battle once again.
These are the results.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

She's ready.

Salindin

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:29 AM

That is one sexy Recon. It does look battle worn. You are the man. What are the internal mods?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:41 AM

Not a lot you can do with a recon if you don't single it, or at least replace the bolt. I assume the bolt has been replaced because it obviously still takes clips.
Gimme back my bullets....

#4 Vulcanman101

Vulcanman101

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

:) That thing looks awesome.

#5 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

WOW. That is incredible! I love the paint job!

... I also like the shells in the photos...

Edited by Mehku, 16 April 2009 - 11:06 AM.

#6 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

Probably the best recon paint job I have ever seen... I love the battle damage! What mods have been done to it?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#7 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

My baby! I still love this thing and plan to use it at the next war.

heres the orginal pic of the dead one, by the way

Posted Image

Edited by xtremejumpy, 16 April 2009 - 09:06 PM.

#8 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

Wow, that is beautiful! The battle scaring is very nice.
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#9 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

I love the huge scratch you painted down the left side. Your battle scaring is awesome!
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#10 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

Saladin- You do nice work.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#11 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

To answer everybody's questions, the internal mods done (by request) were AR/peg removal, and the omission of the bolt-lock. I added three O-rings to the outside of the plunger tube, as well, because the Recon's spring doesn't get fully compressed when primed. The clips were modded to accept stefans. Other than that, just paint.

Salindin

#12 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

To answer everybody's questions, the internal mods done (by request) were AR/peg removal, and the omission of the bolt-lock. I added three O-rings to the outside of the plunger tube, as well, because the Recon's spring doesn't get fully compressed when primed. The clips were modded to accept stefans. Other than that, just paint.

Salindin

This is because it used at low-caliber wars. Anything REALLY special would be over kill.

#13 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

This is because it used at low-caliber wars. Anything REALLY special would be over kill.

Excuse my nitpickiness, but you do know that caliber refers to bullet diameter, right?

#14 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

Excuse my nitpickiness, but you do know that caliber refers to bullet diameter, right?

Colloquially, the term "high caliber" is used to refer to people of great competence or ability.

In horology, the term is used to distinguish the size and type of movement used within a timepiece

In typography, the caliber of a font designates the size of the eye of a character, neglecting any risers or descenders

Just a few thoughts..........Rogue.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#15 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

High caliber= greater power.

Don't go slammin' before you think.

#16 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

More or less the point I was tring to drive home.--Rogue
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#17 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

More or less the point I was trying to drive home.--Rogue

I wasn't talking to you, but thanks for the help.

#18 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, I guess it could be used that way, my bad. Just because this is a nerf forum and we deal with "bullet" diameter almost constantly, I thought you may have used the word wrong.

Edit: That wasn't sarcastic by the way, it can be nigh impossible to tell over teh internetz.

Edited by TantumBull, 19 April 2009 - 01:14 PM.

#19 Basilisk

Basilisk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

I'm curious as to how much time you spent on doing it (it was definitely worthwhile). Very well done, as said before, the scaring is amazing. What kind of paint did you use?
"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."
-Carbon

#20 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

I'm curious as to how much time you spent on doing it (it was definitely worthwhile). Very well done, as said before, the scaring is amazing. What kind of paint did you use?

Somewhere in the ballpark of 4-8 hours, a little here, a little there for a Recon, not including dry time. A lot of the time I put into a Recon is actually in the sanding.
And for most all the advice I can give on painting, including what paints to use is in the second link in my sig.
If you've got anymore questions about paints though, feel free to PM me.

Salindin

#21 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

The paint job is definatally bad ass. Don't know if I would use it for an outdoor war though, the police may take an interest if you know what I mean.
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#22 MrDelish

MrDelish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Honestly, the paint job on this is mediocre at best. You really need to spend more time working on making the metal parts where the paint is "worn off" look more natural. As it is, it looks like metallic paint was just splotched onto those areas.

The actual dents and such look good, though.

#23 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

Honestly, the paint job on this is mediocre at best. You really need to spend more time working on making the metal parts where the paint is "worn off" look more natural. As it is, it looks like metallic paint was just splotched onto those areas.

Well...I'm sorry that you feel that way, but it's new owner likes it, and that's all that really counts. And I've said it before, and just to re-iterate this point, I'm not Direct Threat. I don't paint that way. I do clean paint-jobs, "worn" or "damaged" are new to me. I'm still learning, and have never claimed to have perfected these techniques. If you have any advice that you think may help, then by all means let me know, I'm stabbing blindly at this whole dry-brushing thing. I've never been given any hints, and am constantly practicing when I do have the time. And on that note, as far as time goes, all I can say is that painting guns doesn't pay any bills. While not as cheep as a stock gun, I don't really charge much of anything for these guns I sell. Most of a buyer's cost is just my material, translated from me to them.
Anyways, thanks for your comment, I'll have to rethink my approach a bit.

#24 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

Well...I'm sorry that you feel that way, but it's new owner likes it, and that's all that really counts. And I've said it before, and just to re-iterate this point, I'm not Direct Threat. I don't paint that way. I do clean paint-jobs, "worn" or "damaged" are new to me. I'm still learning, and have never claimed to have perfected these techniques. If you have any advice that you think may help, then by all means let me know, I'm stabbing blindly at this whole dry-brushing thing. I've never been given any hints, and am constantly practicing when I do have the time. And on that note, as far as time goes, all I can say is that painting guns doesn't pay any bills. While not as cheep as a stock gun, I don't really charge much of anything for these guns I sell. Most of a buyer's cost is just my material, translated from me to them.
Anyways, thanks for your comment, I'll have to rethink my approach a bit.

I got the gun today! I love the paint.
Would you be a bit offended if I opened it up? It shoots a bit like a stock recon. Paint was main reason for buying it.

#25 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:49 AM

Hey man, it's your gun you can do whatever you'd like with it. I won't be offended at all.

Edited by Salindin_Naz, 21 April 2009 - 06:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users