Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Episode 16 is posted (5/20)

302 replies to this topic

#51 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

And OH,KY,IN,ETC all are full of win and nothing else ok well some hot pink (Reference : Cpt.Bojangles Mc.Poonsnatch) but that's still win.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#52 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

IN for the win!!!

But did you guys have to cuss so much? I mean seriously... Hey LSW, where did you get the hot pink paint?

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#53 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

Not me she's Twitch's princess but I've seen the paint at Lowes. That podcast is rediculously funny.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#54 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

Awesome podcast guys. I listened to it on the way to school and back, and it passed the time well, with plenty of comical moments. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Darken, 21 April 2009 - 07:09 PM.

#55 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

Episode One of the "Foamtalk" podcast is recorded and on the web for your listening pleasure. I apologize for the low quality audio-- We found out that Skype isn't the greatest tool for podcasts. My voice is also fairly low-- so You might have to adjust your speakers accordingly. A big thanks to Mr.Badwrench, Ice9, and Crankymonky for coming together to get this recorded and to Bobafan for the name suggestion . Hopefully you enjoy it.

Once we find a host with some spare bandwidth, we'll get the RSS feed submitted to itunes, but for now, it's being hosted by Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5YSEWM97

Just to warn everybody, this podcast is rated M for mature. There is a fair amount of cursing, but nothing too bad besides that. It's probably not safe for work and you probably shouldn't listen to it with your mom.

We'd love any feedback you have for episode two. We're aware of the technical aspects (buggy sound, etc) so try and focus on the content and what other kinds of stuff you'd like to hear. Thanks!

Hey JediJoe I am a radio DJ and producer and very familiar with sound editing so if you need some help in that regard I can do what I can. I havent had much chance to get active in nerf wars but I do have a fair number of blasters I keep in my dorm room that Im dying to get some fight time with.

#56 Mukersman

Mukersman

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

I will not post anything political or I will be banned.

#57 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

^Doing stuff like that is just going to get you flamed dude.^
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#58 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

Tyranny Response Team

#59 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

AND back on topic: this is hell of exciting. Got it on my iPod, all ready for my commute tomorrow. Useful criticism/praise to follow.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#60 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

Damn Seniority!

Edited by A side of nerf, 21 April 2009 - 09:11 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#61 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

I like it. It would be better with a bit more editing, but hey, what wouldn't?

I understand the crack at me, and in all fairness, it was immature, without class, and whatnot, but really. I'm gonna call you guys out. You raved about not being immature and whatnot, but yet did nearly the same thing, in honestly a more rude fashion. I mean really... I wasn't hurting anyone, but you believe personal attacks on my character are necessary... Come on.

However, for the most part, its exactly what the NIC needs. Another outlet, other then wars, for Nerfers to contribute to. And the thing about the van filled with guys who just said "We heard about a war. Lets Nerf!" was funny aswell as inspiring. I'm curious though, do you write it before hand? Or just unscripted talking?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#62 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

I understand the crack at me, and in all fairness, it was immature, without class, and whatnot, but really. I'm gonna call you guys out. You raved about not being immature and whatnot, but yet did nearly the same thing, in honestly a more rude fashion. I mean really... I wasn't hurting anyone, but you believe personal attacks on my character are necessary... Come on.

I was clearly being sarcastic and did not intend to take a crack at your character. Anything I may have said that could be seen as derogatory toward you regarding that post could have easily been applied to myself as well since I made a nearly identical post.

Sorry if you found it offensive, was just making a little joke about the joke you made about my joke.

And no, that isn't ambiguous at all.

I hope you accept my apology and acknowledge my jestful tone.
Tyranny Response Team

#63 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

do you write it before hand? Or just unscripted talking?

It was all scripted by Groove, we have no opinions.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#64 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

I was clearly being sarcastic and did not intend to take a crack at your character. Anything I may have said that could be seen as derogatory toward you regarding that post could have easily been applied to myself as well since I made a nearly identical post.

Sorry if you found it offensive, was just making a little joke about the joke you made about my joke.

And no, that isn't ambiguous at all.

I hope you accept my apology and acknowledge my jestful tone.

Im not mad, nor ever was. Honestly, I think that you taking the time to bitch about something I did was funny, and it proved how much of a slow week it has been on the Haven if that is a topic.

Apology? Eh, those are for girls. Men just give high fives then move on. *internet High five*

Edited by BustaNinja, 21 April 2009 - 10:08 PM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#65 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:37 AM

That was a hoot to listen too. I would be happy to help if I can! I am over 16 and as you can see by my member number I am not exactly new to the scene.

#66 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

I like it, there's definitely enough content for a podcast.

I would like to echo the concerns that some others have listed: It is overly long and lacks focus. Many other podcasts have focused topics for every episode, which may be a good format for this show. It wasn't too bad from a technical standpoint. Rough around the edges, sure, but the quality was fine for listening.

Kudos for putting this together, I really enjoyed this first episode. The Youtube comments made a small part of my soul die, but that is to be expected :lol:

#67 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:01 PM

do you write it before hand? Or just unscripted talking?

It was all scripted by Groove, we have no opinions.

If I had written a script for you all, there would have been many more penis jokes and a lot more creative "fuck" words. And probably some comments about ice.

Tangents will inevitably crop up guys, that's what makes a podcast entertaining to listen to. Who wants to listen to a bunch of people reading from scripts? I will say that discussing specific board drama will only lead to more drama, nobody wants to listen to that. I would also recommend focusing more on those talk topics, perhaps coming up with a name for each section, to give things a little bit more structure. People firing guns in the background when people are trying to talk is pretty goddamn annoying too, to say the least. Wish some of the hosts would have piped up a bit more, I think I only heard BadWrench speak 4 - 5 times. Anyways, I know it sounds like I'm reaming you guys but you did a great job for the first webisode.

Also, the 2-day DCNO (like 3 years ago) was a terrible blunder because only myself, OMC, and 4 other people showed up...total. For both days. Everyone flaked at the last minute.

Also, Cranky - you have seen Zeros used at a war, there was a DCNO where El Hombre used exclusively Zeros. That was 2007 I believe, and you were there.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#68 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

Also, Cranky - you have seen Zeros used at a war, there was a DCNO where El Hombre used exclusively Zeros. That was 2007 I believe, and you were there.

That was actually me talking at that point. Dean and I sound sort of similar.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#69 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

Crankymonky showing off Zero darts. I know for sure that i've seen Zeros used.

Groove, I mention that low attendance was a reason for a poor 2 day DCNO. I guess I forgot that it was caused by last minute cancellations.
Tyranny Response Team

#70 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

Could we get some examples of these creative fuck words?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#71 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

"No shields larger than a hubcap from a Ford Festiva." Great job, guys. I'd love to see a little more tech-talking, but I really enjoyed it. I look forward to more.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#72 flounder

flounder

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

I enjoyed this podcast very much and could easily see this taking off and becoming a staple of the NIC. Eventually I think it would be a decent idea to include happenings on other boards as well. I agree wholeheartedly with Groove on the subject of tangents, although they make the podcasts longer they make them much more bearable and quirky. I'd love to help but at the same time am not an idiot and realize I will have to became a semi respectable member of the NIC, earning my place, before doing so. Anywho I look forward to the next installment

#73 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

These will now be hosted elsewhere.

Episode 1
Tyranny Response Team

#74 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Just so it's absolutely clear and on record: I don't want to be a part of this particular effort

I've been interviewed for podcasts before and have no interest in doing it ever again.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#75 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:40 AM

Just so it's absolutely clear and on record: I don't want to be a part of this particular effort

I've been interviewed for podcasts before and have no interest in doing it ever again.

Well fine! We don't want you there ANYWAY!

/humor

That makes me a little sad, actually.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users