Photo

Lnl Question

Too much POWAH?

7 replies to this topic

#1 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

Alright, so i have a little bit of a bet with the little brother.

We share a Lock N' Load.
He has a DTB spring in addition to the stock spring in there.

The mods we have done are:
keyring
(shorter than the usuals)petg barrel
He hotglued it on, and wrapped some E-tape on to it. He said that IF when it breaks, i could goop it on there.
NO reinforcment whatsoever.
Big friggin rubberbands.

I haven't actually tested it, but he says it hit 72 feet.

The question is... Is it too powerful? Will it break the gun with the mass amount of springage?
Join the REVOLUTION!

#2 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Not at all. People put more powerful springs in it. I suggest possibly cushioning the plunger head, but it won't break. By the way, all that and only 72FT.? Wierd.

#3 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, as Magic said, that is wierd. My LnL hits consistently over that, with just a spring replacement, no insane banding or anything. Your problem you may be having is that of poor plunger head-plunger tube seal. If yours is like mine, you may need to wrap e-tape around the plunger head and lubricate it in order to achive a nice seal. You should see a pretty dramatic increase in range. Like I said, mine hits consistently over 72 with a decent seal, yet with no e-tape, it hits 30, maybe 40.

And no, don't worry about it breaking. Again, I'll second what magic said. You could use some plunger cushion, although it doesn't have a flat, hard, nf style plunger head, so it may not need cushion. You shoud be fine without re-enforcement.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#4 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

I think you're fine. If you feel that is will break, I strongly suggest reinforcing the plunger and catch mech.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#5 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

Not at all. People put more powerful springs in it. I suggest possibly cushioning the plunger head, but it won't break. By the way, all that and only 72FT.? Wierd.

(shorter than the usuals)petg barrel

Could that be the reason for the ranges?

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#6 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

right now, it's hitting 66+ slightly angled without the DTB spring in there. the DTB spring was harvested for another project.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#7 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

Try lubing the plunger head with some silicone grease. That might be your problem.

#8 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, i'll see if my stepdad has any. That's probably it. Also, the darts are vacuum loading now.
Join the REVOLUTION!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users