Guru Mk. iii

Rebirth of a Legendary Weapon

114 replies to this topic

#76 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:57 AM

That is awesome work, slug. Out of curiosity how long did it take you to do all of this?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#77 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:26 PM

That is awesome work, slug. Out of curiosity how long did it take you to do all of this?

Planning: small sporadic amounts over the course of a month or two
Machining: 6 hours
Tinkering: 4 hours

Less than 20 hours total. But I do still need to add sound insulation.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 02 April 2009 - 03:27 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#78 ninja mods

ninja mods

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

hey i dont want to sound like an idiot but was the whole point of this mod to make a snap(or any homemade gun) or a really strong crossbow? it seems like it will be extremely durable but does the crossbow shell add anything to it?

#79 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

hey i dont want to sound like an idiot but was the whole point of this mod to make a snap(or any homemade gun) or a really strong crossbow? it seems like it will be extremely durable but does the crossbow shell add anything to it?

The crossbow shell is oft considered the epitome of Nerf ergonomics.

The advantage to using a crossbow shell is that it is extremely well designed, comfortable, a good size, easy to aim, and not bulky.

Edited by Crankymonky, 02 April 2009 - 11:14 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#80 ninja mods

ninja mods

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

i guess that is true but i think i just don't crossbows.

#81 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Can we get a verb up in this bitch?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#82 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

That's not even a sentence. Either fix your grammar or stop posting.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#83 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

Jesus, is it really getting to the point where a playa' can't express his of crossbows. I mean, shiat, what if I want to talk about how I don't herpes. What, I can't talk about the benefits of not herpes now? Next thing you know bitches be tellin' us we can't strawberry milkshakes, or that no one should synthetic motor oil. What's up with that B'!? I me some Castrol GTX!

VACC

#84 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Hey, whats up with you discouraging completely awesome mods, huh? First on the frostbite thread, and now this?

On topic:

Nice job slug, only you can make an already Effeminate gun more awesome.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 03 April 2009 - 03:52 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#85 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

Maybe being a critic all the time isn't cracked up to what it should be.

Oh yeah, well I can see...........what?

Look, I'm glad you like this beautiful nerf gun, but Slug and Groove can stand up for themselves. This board is critical by design. It really irks the shit out of me when someone has got another member's member lodged so securely down their esophagus that they have to gag and gurgle every time someone posts anything even remotely critical about their hero's work. This is not just about Renegadewhoeverhesis. This is something that happens all the time in. If you want to discuss or debate why someone's criticism might be unfounded, or missing the point, go for it. Defend someone's work with logic all you want. Likewise, if you would like to resort to hyperbole to laud someone's creation; like Bobby Brown, that's your prerogative. But don't turn a nerf gun or its owner into some sort of religious totem, criticism of which to be decried as blasphemy.

Slug is my friend, and I know as well as anyone how good is work is. Groove is my clan mate and one of my most preferred teammates of all time. Their game speaks for itself.... you don't really need to.

VACC

#86 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Article is packaged and ready to ship tomorrow morning. Squeezing a choir of demonic ascension into the box was a bit of a hassle.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 05 April 2009 - 02:48 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#87 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:35 PM

DAM !!!!!!!!!
........Enough said.

Edited by thedarksideofnerf, 05 April 2009 - 10:35 PM.

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#88 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Well, after missing the delivery and narrowly avoiding the closing of the Post Office, I finally came to acquire this beauty.

Posted Image

Much care was used to seal the powers that lie within, and thus an equal measure of care was needed to open it.

Posted Image

Using the finest Elven steel, I slowly traced the edge of the artefact's confines whilst chanting the necessary incantations.

Posted Image

But lo! What is this trickery?! The chorus of demons I thought dormant hissed violently at the sunlight.

Posted Image

A chorus of angels swooped in and provided a sufficient incoherent Latin chorus needed to slay the demons.

Posted Image

I removed the inner confines and there nestled neatly away was the weapon of legend.

Posted Image

I plucked her pieces and reassembled them as it was foretold by the elder gods. Right then, a shining beam flew down from the heavens, enveloping me in a warmth of hope and confidence. And with all the force in my body, I unleashed the weapon's power. And it was good.

In all seriousness though, this thing is pretty sweet. Pictures just don't do this thing justice. Slug did not lie when he said he put a chorus of demons inside, because as soon as I opened it light hit a photosensor and the chorus from "O Fortuna" began playing. Slug was also not lying when he said this thing was loud, it is probably the loudest thing I have ever fired in the realm of plastic guns. I mean, shit -- I will probably have to start wearing ear protection in my right ear. Yes, it is really that loud and that is not an exaggeration. The plunger pull is intense, and because of the length of the plunger tube itself I have to cock it all the way back to the back corner of the handle recess. Dare I say, there is a strength requirement for this item (nerdy references = complete). Upon firing, the plunger handle flies back with such a force that it's chipping away part of the plastic on the inside of the plunger handle recess in the stock. Fuck.

I'll probably be fitting the insides with foam padding and probably doing some minor tweaks here and there. Then comes the painting of another pinup girl on the side, of course...

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#89 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

How exactly did your body handle the effects of the raw light and dark energy coming and surging through your veins? I've been doing the calculations, and I don't think a normal human could take it. I mean, it must be WELL over 9000...

Nice gun again, and it still looks awesome. I have been noticing with some springers, that FA24 was on to something with the foam. Even my wimpy longshot is loud by any standards.

#90 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

Higher resolution photo of the finished item available here
http://captainslug.d...k-III-118576380

#91 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

You are fucking NERDS!
I hate you.

#92 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

You are fucking NERDS!

Was that suppose to be like the jock running into the room and yelling like being a nerd was a bad thing? Or like the awesome thing when you walk into a room and people are playing D&D and you brought your character? Like a term of endearment?

#93 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

Was that suppose to be like the jock running into the room and yelling like being a nerd was a bad thing? Or like the awesome thing when you walk into a room and people are playing D&D and you brought your character? Like a term of endearment?

Endearment from OMC? Naw, it was malice for sure.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 08 April 2009 - 08:49 PM.

#94 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

Can we get a verb up in this bitch?

Oh my god, I laughed so hard at that. I hope I get to see this beast in person one day. Dammit. Can't think of a nerdy joke to go with this post.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#95 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:10 PM

Posted Image

What is that speaker/micro-chip thing...is that a secret message?

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 08 April 2009 - 11:10 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#96 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

What is that speaker/micro-chip thing...is that a secret message?

That's the demonic choir, i.e. a light triggered recordable gift card module. It played 10 seconds of music as soon as he opened the box.
10 seconds of this specifically.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 09 April 2009 - 07:58 AM.

#97 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

wow, now that is one hell of a display of showmanship slug, nice finishing touch with the music! The new pics look awsome. My opinion does not carry much weight, but increadible job sir!
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#98 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

That's the demonic choir, i.e. a light triggered recordable gift card module. It played 10 seconds of music as soon as he opened the box.
10 seconds of this specifically.

Oh! That kind of demonic chorus. I had been imagining things much more horrible.

Thats freak'n awsome JSB! Now thats scary!
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#99 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

Endearment from OMC? Naw, it was malice for sure.

Really? I thought he was just talking about my girlfriends.

I quote 1337's sig:
AJZ: your mom looks dirty.
1337: my mom's 40, go ahead.
Just some bob: Any of these moms single?
1337: No, bob...
Just some bob: damn.
1337:*shudder*

There obviously not very pretty girlfriends. :D

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 10 April 2009 - 02:52 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#100 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

Slug, you probably already know this, but the video had been removed for copyright reasons. Is there anywhere else the demonic choir can be heard? Well besides breaking into Groove's house/trash can. I'm not sure that would go well, what with this thing of art being in his possession and all. Yeah, not really a fan of having manticore stinger up my ass.

Edited by TantumBull, 09 April 2009 - 10:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users