New Blasters

41 replies to this topic

#26 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:51 AM

Cool finds.

You guys notice that those darts which are included in the sawed off shotgun are the same darts as the rev shot fires? As in, specially made darts used to fire out of FLYWHEEL guns? This gives me a sneaking suspicion that the blaster is indeed a flywheel gun, which would be mildly disappointing.

#27 DJ Mashbot

DJ Mashbot

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:55 AM

I noticed something weird about the Shellshock picture. The priming handle appears to be all the way forward, yet the chamber is open. This means it could be more then just a Clip Tek clone. I don't have high hopes, but I'm intrigued.
QUOTE(dizzyduck @ Apr 1 2009, 09:14 PM) View Post

Forget about ranges; range means nothing if your blaster is a giant rattle after three shots.

#28 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

I do not think that the pump shotgun is a flywheel at all. For a few reasons. I think flywheel guns have to be rear-loading for them to work. At least, the dart needs to be fed into the wheels from the rear. I don't see how this is possible with the gun. Also, it has a pump handle AND a trigger. My experience with flywheel guns is that there is a switch that starts up the gun, and the trigger pushes the dart into the wheels. Unless the pump is the switch, or it operates on gears to rev the wheels, I doubt that it is a flywheel at all.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#29 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

Cool finds.

You guys notice that those darts which are included in the sawed off shotgun are the same darts as the rev shot fires? As in, specially made darts used to fire out of FLYWHEEL guns? This gives me a sneaking suspicion that the blaster is indeed a flywheel gun, which would be mildly disappointing.

I would love to know where the flywheels are, and why you would need to pump a flywheel gun before firing it.

Pump action shotgun, pull pump to cock and squeeze trigger to fire

If this is a flywheel, then it doesn't use any type of flywheel technology we have ever seen. And why would it look and function like the standard shotgun which is definitely at least a springer?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#30 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

The sawed off shotgun looks like it has a rail on it.I'm still waiting for a nerf red dot/reflex/acog sight!
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#31 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

I would love to know where the flywheels are, and why you would need to pump a flywheel gun before firing it.

Check out the Lanard Rev Shot and you can see that you have to pump it to get the flywheels turning. This is much more effective than the battery-powered method, since you can pump it as fast as your little arm moves. I have no idea where they are, I was just pointing out that this thing uses the same darts as the rev shot, is made by the same company, and has a good chance to be flywheel powered.

If this is a flywheel, then it doesn't use any type of flywheel technology we have ever seen. And why would it look and function like the standard shotgun which is definitely at least a springer?

We have seen the technology before, as in the rev shot. The pump in the foregrip could power the flywheels, using the trigger to fire them. Insert dart behind the flywheels, pump, pull trigger to fire. That's not too far fetched, is it? Once again, just saying that it's a possibility. Don't discount something just because you believe that it won't work.

#32 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

We have seen the technology before, as in the rev shot. The pump in the foregrip could power the flywheels, using the trigger to fire them. Insert dart behind the flywheels, pump, pull trigger to fire. That's not too far fetched, is it? Once again, just saying that it's a possibility. Don't discount something just because you believe that it won't work.

Even if by some strange chance it is a flywheel gun, it is definitely not the same technology as the rev shot. The reason the flywheels on the rev shot are so wide is because your arm cannot pump as fast as a motor can spin, so the extra width is needed to achieve higher speeds and similar performance. I suppose it's possible that there is something resembling a conveyor belt inside that pulls the darts along, but a regular spring and plunger would be much simpler.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 24 March 2009 - 11:52 AM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#33 Aquinas

Aquinas

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

Let's not turn this into a speculation thread just yet...

The guns indeed look sweet. If they are indeed springers, I would be most interested in their plunger sizes and their potential to accommodate more springs, or at least a spring replacement. Frankly, I harbour the same hope for the Raider as I do with the rest of these guns: having the potential to add just a little bit more velocity and FPS to its presumably outstanding rate of fire. Otherwise, it's just the Maverick (rate of fire) vs. Nitefinder (range) debate all over again.

Only after they hit the shelves will we know whether these guns will be comparable to or have a shot at dethroning the Doomsayer (or at least raising as big of a ruckus as it did here).

As for Falcon's comment regarding PASes and Big Blasts: while I agree that variety is nice, but at the end of the day, most people would opt for simplicity, practicality, and functionality (in other words, transcending into the realm and mantra of CS) over, in this case, vanity and individuality. I (along with most people on this site) own both guns and love them for what they are. I also love my TriggerFires and PistolSplats (and they're great guns also), but pound for pound, and not taking the operator into the equation, it's hard to match these fairly balanced guns. But beyond that, the fact that it takes relatively little effort to modify the blasters into a respectable war weapon is, I assume, the deal-maker for most people. I think it's fair to say that they're bread-and-butter blasters for most wars, and I think quite a few old and new foamflingers build their arsenal around these two guns (based on my own experiences and observation on this site).

Nevertheless, all things consider, 2009 seems like a solid year for blaster releases from multiple companies. I mean, I do love my recon, but it's not the most viable skirmish weapon (and somewhat of a letdown). Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
"Who's Steve?"
"Stiff. With an 'F'."

#34 Secret Assassin

Secret Assassin

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Why the hell is that lanard x-treme air gun 80 dollars?!

#35 BoneRiot

BoneRiot

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

I want my grenades dammit.

Your wish is my command.

Lanard Scatter Blast Foam Grenade
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sbs_t_3

I wasn't able to find any mention of it so i figured i'd throw up the link, saw it at the bottom of the new Lanard sawed off shotgun page.

EDIT: I blame the page search function for not finding any instances of the word Grenade. *Facepalm*

Edited by BoneRiot, 26 March 2009 - 09:03 PM.

They call me Afro Thunder
QUOTE(CaptainSlug)

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for 9,999 days.

#36 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

I want my grenades dammit.

Your wish is my command.

Lanard Scatter Blast Foam Grenade
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sbs_t_3

I wasn't able to find any mention of it so i figured i'd throw up the link, saw it at the bottom of the new Lanard sawed off shotgun page.

You mean the Grenade in the 10th post on the first page of this topic? Which eddieoctane was commenting on, saying he wished he had THAT GRENADE.

#37 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:11 PM

Small update on the 2 shotguns. I e-mailed Amazon earlier this week asking if they had any idea when these might be back in stock. Supposedly they should be shipped by May 9th, with a May 21 delivery date. They go on to say that it's only an estimate, not a guarantee, but it's nice to know they have some time frame.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#38 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:36 PM

Thanks Velveeta. :lol:

#39 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

The shotgun looks nice. Definitely sawing off that stock if i ever get one.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#40 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

It looks like the stock is removable to me. The shotguns look the same except one has a big turret on the front.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#41 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:55 AM

Sorry to dig out this thread, but since my topic was closed, i will post here.

Has anyone ever gotten his hands on the Shell Shock X-6?

It's been out of stock @ Amazon ever since and I'm a non-US resident, so going out to a store is not in for me.

I will be visiting the US next week though, any tips where I could go hunting for those?

Thanks,

~ Jack

#42 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Sorry to dig out this thread, but since my topic was closed, i will post here.

Has anyone ever gotten his hands on the Shell Shock X-6?

It's been out of stock @ Amazon ever since and I'm a non-US resident, so going out to a store is not in for me.

I will be visiting the US next week though, any tips where I could go hunting for those?

Thanks,

~ Jack

Your topic was closed because your post belonged in this thread: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10943

Making two identical topics was idiotic of you.
Enjoy your two months off.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users