57 replies to this topic

#1 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

Battle for New York III: The revenge of the Bees
When: Saturday April 11th, 10:00
Where: Saxon Woods Park. Great location, tons of cover, cool terrain, lots of veriaty and easy access from highways. Google Maps
In terms of rules, their are the basic restriction of singled titans and excessive homemades. We'll be the judge.

Planned games:
3-15 (classic)
Gunslinger's Heaven
Zombies
Outpost (our standard at that feild, its perfect for the location)

Bring lots of water, lunch, bugspray, nerfguns (pistol for gunslinger, and a pistol or stock gun for zombies), LOTS of darts (you'll lose a lot at this feild) and remamber to pack light, theres a decent walk to the feild.

I will hopefully be able to get a fair amount of people from my own group to come, which should make for a great war.

Edited by z80, 18 March 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#2 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

I'm a possibility since I only live 40 mins away. Also, isn't this the Battle For New York III? Wasn't the 2nd in the summer?
TMC

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

No can do.
I hate you.

#4 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:42 PM

Probably the first war that I could say from early on that I am a definite.
Titan kid will probably not be with me, but with some luck I can convince some of my college buddies to come.
Isn't it Battle For NY III?
Zombies at Saxon sounds like a crazy combo, can't wait.
I would post this on HQ, I've seen a few Westchester nerfers post asking for a war.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#5 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

Almost a definite. Throw me + 2 down as a maybe though, because I can't say for sure yet. I really hope to get to this one, considering I'm only 25 minutes away.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#6 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

I really wish someone could host one in the city T_T
But I'll ask my friend if he could give me a lift.
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#7 ELI M

ELI M

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

I might go, I only live 13 minutes away.
Chuck Norris and Lance Armstrong had a "Who has more balls" contest. Chuck won by seven.
http://elijah-m.mybrute.com

#8 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:01 AM

You know that the train ride is absurdly short and there's a train station right nearby. So just take metronorth down. Where are you in the city?
Also it is BFNY III. I made a typo.

#9 ELI M

ELI M

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

I'll go, but can I borrow anyones gun for a round or something because I only know how to modify pistols?
Chuck Norris and Lance Armstrong had a "Who has more balls" contest. Chuck won by seven.

#10 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:12 PM

Pretty sure I can come.

Finally! A war near me. :P

#11 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

I can attemp to go. I just need permission from the parents :P

I live like 10 mins away
There might be another person if I can go. Oh and cheesypiza it's the guy you know...

Edited by JATDO, 18 March 2009 - 08:36 PM.

I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#12 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

I as well will need confirmation from my parents. I will probably bring 1-3 people. Also, will anybody be selling anything there?

EDIT: StealthMan (validating) is coming. He just pm'd me on youtube.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 18 March 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#13 ELI M

ELI M

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

Can anyone let me borrow a gun for the war? Not pistols though. Its my first war and im not that good at modding.

#14 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:29 PM

Don't you think perhaps YOU should host one then? Regardless, I can't think of a single place in Manhattan where it would be an exceedingly good idea. Perhaps if you scouted Rosevelt Island. The F will take you there one stop past the 50th street station, and there's plenty of grassy park areas. Do something about it instead of whinning.

#15 theschief

theschief

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

Don't you think perhaps YOU should host one then? Regardless, I can't think of a single place in Manhattan where it would be an exceedingly good idea. Perhaps if you scouted Rosevelt Island. The F will take you there one stop past the 50th street station, and there's plenty of grassy park areas. Do something about it instead of whinning.

I'm coming, but z80 already knows that. Saxon is a great place for nerf.

On the other hand, it would have been nice for you to at least politely decline the invitation to come to the war, instead of completely ignoring the topic of this thread to call out someone for being marginally dumb.
nerfer34
Your account will not be functional until June 23, 20007 9:59 AM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

+ Silver BBB
+ Ball Blaster and Buzzsaw......

#16 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:21 AM

On the other hand, it would have been nice for you to at least politely decline the invitation to come to the war, instead of completely ignoring the topic of this thread to call out someone for being marginally dumb.

You guys sent out invitations? I'm sorry, I must have misplaced my save the date card.

I'm not coming to this war. Is it now alright for me to encourage a member to run his own wars? If you don't like the administration intervening than you should find another forum.

And if you'd like for a thread to keep strictly to its mission statement, the smart move would not be to chastize the people who run the site within that thread.

#17 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

It says bring a lot of darts...
How many is a lot?
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#18 ELI M

ELI M

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

It says bring a lot of darts...
How many is a lot?

Yeah seriously. How much is alot?

#19 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

I would say more than you normally would bring.
I usually bring 200 to the average war and get less than half back(depending upon the field).
I've been to this field twice and left both times with only a handful of darts.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#20 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

Edit: self removed because March 28th's game... OMFG How do you guys do this on an even larger scale? It was from 10AM 'til 4:30 and I almost died from exhaustion... I finally understand how some only do this Nerf war game only once in a long while~ It eats up a lot of energy and aches your body all over...

Edited by b00m13, 28 March 2009 - 11:02 PM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#21 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Oh wow I need to make/get more darts...
Does anyone know where to get good fbr in westchester?

Also, I've never been in these war games before, but I've read a lot about them, and I wanted to ask about the zombie game. I've read that you go after the first person you see if you're a zombie, but are you allowed to run towards them or limited to just walking/walking fast? (Just want to know if I need to brush up on running, jumping, dodging, etc.)

Yea I was also wondering how we play the games.

#22 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

And if you'd like for a thread to keep strictly to its mission statement, the smart move would not be to chastize the people who run the site within that thread.

I <3 you buddy.

Anyway, I won't make this one, but I've been wanting to use this venue since I started this hobby, despite how death-trappish it looks.

I hope to see a Battle for New York IV at this venue, and if you guys are taking suggestions for dates, Saturday, June 13th would be the most appropriate, being two weeks after DCNO and two weeks before Supernova. Any time before that runs the risk of cutting into college finals, and two weeks after 'nova is Apoc, leaving just that date.
Teehee.

#23 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

Will anybody be bringing any guns, darts, and other Nerfy goods to sell at the war?

#24 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

Will anybody be bringing any guns, darts, and other Nerfy goods to sell at the war?

I'm selling Eli M a longshot...
if anyones looking for a magstrike I have one.

#25 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

I just figured I'd throw up some old pictures of the terrain, I figure it may motivate a bigger attendance, in case you didn't see Splitlip's link:
Posted Image
Our main place to play.

Posted Image
Image of the rocks above on the left.

Posted Image
The other base for the main playing field.

Edited by Texansharpshooter, 01 April 2009 - 04:24 PM.

HERP DERP.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users