The Countess

An Angel Production

51 replies to this topic

#26 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

Is there any particular reason you needed to make such a complicated breech? Why not just use 19/32 as a cover with a slot cut into it (immobile), and then flare the base of it down, so that when the 9/16 barrel (mobile) is pushed all the way back the darts is forced into the barrel by the flares?

Other then that, very nice job. Fucking loving that paintjob. I almost would have kept it without the blood, because it looks really sick like that as well. But that's how sputnik wanted it, so that's how he got it.

Oh, and great job on the video.

Edited by TantumBull, 07 March 2009 - 09:27 PM.

#27 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

Is there any particular reason you needed to make such a complicated breech?...

Did you seriously just ask Forsaken Angel that?
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#28 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, I did. I believe that there are simpler alternatives and am not afraid to ask him questions that potentially undermine his breech set up.

Edited by TantumBull, 07 March 2009 - 11:51 PM.

#29 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, I did. I believe that there are simpler alternatives and am not afraid to ask him questions that potentially undermine his breech set up.

Well, I'm just saying... You know, what with the Angel Breech, and all... I mean, he's kinda famous for complex breeches.

Haha! I have defeated the Server Lag!

Edited by SchizophrenicMC, 07 March 2009 - 11:54 PM.

QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#30 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:12 AM

Answers and responses time!

Mad Fucking Props.
My reaction video is being rendered as I type.
Fucking Jesus.
Mike, You are a Bad Ass Mother Fucker.
Worth the wait.

Thanks mate, Glad you like it.
Almost makes you want to... "Jump on it, Jump on it, Jump on it"

It reminds me of the picture you put on facebook of my cousin holding that bloodied up maxshot at massacre 2.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I would highly recommend staying away from that insta cure shit and going back to fishin glue.

Partly inspired it.
It has never given me any problems. In fact I find it works better.

Freaking awesome man, just awesome. I'm curious though, why the threaded coupler?

Threaded coupler was the clients request. It makes sense though. Would you want to pull the breech forward and accidentally pull the whole breech system off the gun? I imagined it happening so I happily stayed with the threaded coupler.

My maxshot has trouble catching. Does anyone else have this problem? And how can you fix it?

Open your own thread and open your gun take photos and let us see.

For once, forsaken, I am going to skip the douchebaggery. I have nothing bad to say about this gun. You did an awesome job.

There is a god. :rolleyes:

Regarding the breech, is there any reason why the dart stop is 3/4" of 1/2" in 1/2" of 17/32" in 1/2" of 9/16" in the 19/32 sheath? Wouldn't you get a better seal out of 3/4" of 1/2" and 3/4" of 17/32" giving 1/4" overlap between 17/32" in the coupler and 9/16" from the barrel?

I did not want extra friction for the 9/16" But I understand what you are saying.

How do you guys cut the dart slot with a hacksaw for breeches? Sorry I am off topic, but...

(Delivers virgin blood.) Oh yeah, Edit- Nevermind.

(Chug Chug Chug, Wipes the spillage off his chin)
Thank you for that. I used my Dremel.

Maybe, someday, I'll have to have you write me up a contract.

Only if you get to paint it. A joint effort could spawn some breath taking work.

Is there any particular reason you needed to make such a complicated breech?

It does not jam and it shotgun loads this way. If this breech is complicated and you guys can think of a simpler method then do it up and show the world. It would be a step forward. Lets see now, who is good at improving my work? Well there is this one character who thinks he can. Nah he probably cannot do it.

Seriously though, Thanks everyone for your compliments and positive/constructive feedback.
It is the positive people in this hobby that inspire me to keep going.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 08 March 2009 - 12:21 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#31 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

Freaking awesome man, just awesome. I'm curious though, why the threaded coupler?

Threaded coupler was the clients request. It makes sense though. Would you want to pull the breech forward and accidentally pull the whole breech system off the gun? I imagined it happening so I happily stayed with the threaded coupler.

I also just thought of a benefit to it. Much easier to transport and store with the breach off. My question wasn't really why threaded and not slip couplered, but why threaded and not just a stationary breach. I guess it's just easier to deal with if you can detatch it. Because of this, I've been hunting a Max Shot down all day. If anyone has one, feel free to let me know. Check out my sales thread and my sig to see what I have to trade.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#32 spoot17

spoot17

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

dude your weird

#33 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:54 AM

dude your weird

Insult removed due to fragile children.

Good job spoot keep up the good posting!

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 08 March 2009 - 08:18 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#34 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

dude your weird

Brilliant and invigorating.
Such a refreshing surprise to hear intelligent conversation.
Mommy must be proud. Mommy must be very proud.

Keep in mind I could rip off your legs and sever your hip bone from your body. Only to wear it like a brass knuckle to pummel your dying Torso into pumice. At least the birds and scavengers will have something to eat. That's not an entire waste of existence is it?
Your mother fed the birds, she must be proud indeed.
Simple bread crumbs will do next time.

You made me laugh out loud and squirm for my life at the same time. Nice.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#35 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

dude your weird

Keep in mind I could rip off your legs and sever your hip bone from your body. Only to wear it like a brass knuckle to pummel your dying Torso into pumice. At least the birds and scavengers will have something to eat. That's not an entire waste of existence is it?

I love you even more Duffy.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#36 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

dude your weird

While that's scary enough as it is...what's really scary is that he probably good really do that. I'd watch your ass spoot.

And Coop, I agree. Same thing happened to me.

By the way, I figured I'd throw this info up here. I had asked angel about the lengths of the individual pieces via PM, when I should've just posted here. Here're the estimated lengths:

Main Portion of PVC- 4 1/8"
Other part with the couplers over it- 2 7/8" (Makes 7" which is what the 9/16 is).
9/16" Brass- 7"
19/32" Brass- Still not sure on this one. Around 4 1/2, 4 3/4
And then all the other measurements that were already posted.

EDIT- I know this isn't my topic, but since Angel had asked to ask further questions here, I figured I'd post the results of my previous ones.

Edited by diamondbacknf1626, 08 March 2009 - 01:18 AM.

QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#37 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:04 AM

Is there any particular reason you needed to make such a complicated breech?

It does not jam and it shotgun loads this way. If this breech is complicated and you guys can think of a simpler method then do it up and show the world. It would be a step forward. Lets see now, who is good at improving my work? Well there is this one character who thinks he can. Nah he probably cannot do it.

Seriously though, Thanks everyone for your compliments and positive/constructive feedback.
It is the positive people in this hobby that inspire me to keep going.

First of all, you are welcome for the first criticism free comment I have ever given you. Second of all...you say that there is someone that likes to improve upon your work, but you don't think he can improve this. As of right now, you're mostly right.

The only ways (that I can think of) to do a simpler breech that functions like this to make something like on BS's Azulsoli (where you have to push the dart into the 9/16" with your finger), or instead of putting the 1/2"-17/32"-9/16" combo in the back of the breech, you could simply put some thin wire across the back of the 19/32". That way, when you push the breech closed, the wire would push the dart up into the tightening rings. I hope all that makes sense. It is late, and I am tired. Doing this the way that I suggest would save buying 1/2" and 17/32" brass, and it would eliminate every bit of dead space. SGM FTW (again heh heh).

You know what's funny though? I drew up that same backwards working angel breech a few days ago to use on a crazy BBB I'm building. Unfortunately, I can't try my idea out on it because it will be LS mag-fed, so there has to be dead space to make room for the mag.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#38 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

I like the end of the breech. I put something like that on my breech, to make it easier to grab.

I like the gun, but I'm wondering if you would ever paint something using more then black, silver and red. And the blood splatter is a little bit... over the top? I've seen people get hit with things and bleed, but thats like the person got hit and hit and hit, then you rubbed the gun on their corpse.

Anyway, its nice. I like how compact it is.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#39 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

thats like the person got hit and hit and hit, then you rubbed the gun on their corpse.

I don't remember which thread it was, but I saw somewhere that Forsaken said that Sputnik wanted to gun to look like he just punched it through a Locust's face. I think that paintjob represents that well.

#40 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

Wow, this definitely needed an extra thread. I mean our paint job and mod section, plus you're own personal contract thread just couldn't contain a modified Max shot with a creepy paint job. Can you start making like separate threads for each picture soon, cause the awesome can't be contained? I don't know man, I don't even know if we have room on the entire board for this kind of awesomeness. And I'm really unsure whether or not this community even has a real place for you. Because you're so awesome I mean.

Talio.

Ps. You're awesome.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#41 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

but you don't think he can improve this.

Wrong.

#42 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Wow, this definitely needed an extra thread. I mean our paint job and mod section, plus you're own personal contract thread just couldn't contain a modified Max shot with a creepy paint job.

Feel free to shoot me down if I am wrong, but the two places you mentioned aren't appropriate places to post this. The mod/pj thread is for pictures, not write-ups. While I think the idea of "contracts" is goofy, he posts those projects in there for people to see the finished stuff, and it still isn't really the place for a write-up. By posting a new thread, this modification can be linked from the mod directory.

but you don't think he can improve this.

Wrong.

Was he referring to you? I assumed it was myself since I have used forsaken's write-ups as a starting place for some of my best work (Lancer, Domsayer...).

#43 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

Now that I think about it, SGM, you may be right. I just thought that because it was in response to my quote, but after reading it again, it could really be either way.

#44 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

thats like the person got hit and hit and hit, then you rubbed the gun on their corpse.

I don't remember which thread it was, but I saw somewhere that Forsaken said that Sputnik wanted to gun to look like he just punched it through a Locust's face. I think that paintjob represents that well.

It was on the video.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#45 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

By some miracle and luck of timing I actually got to see the couness in person and I have to say the photo's do not do it justice this is one fine scary ass piece of work.

What, for me anyways, was probabally the most jaw dropping was the fact that it is possible to either fire one stationairy shot or, as mike showed me, you can load up to 5 stefans, they won't go as far but its almost like hammering off a shotgun. Excellent for close range multiple targets or if you have horrible aim.
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#46 drnerf BANNED

drnerf BANNED

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

I look forward to seeing it.
Now the video is in HD.
So you can really soak in all that blood splattery goodness.

good job angel one of my all time favriots

#47 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

Dang, you really surprised me Forsaken. I thought you were just gonna do your usual, mod the crap out of a gun and give it an awesome PJ. But no, you went the extra mile to make it immortal by spattering blood all over it.

Mad props dude, your the best.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#48 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

To be a hip hop bitch here, the song linked is actually Apache by the Sugar Hill Gang. Jump on it is the cover by Sir Mix-Alot.

Anyway, again. Cool gun. I really like the use of epoxy putty more then anything. Its a good hole filler, and that's worth some time on how to do that.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#49 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

Awesome!!! That has to be the coolest looking MaxShot. Excellent job, Angel.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#50 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

..Holy fucking shit. Angel, you are my hero. Absolutely fucking bad-ass.

-Mehku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users