A Few Shots Of My Order For The Release Of The Ps3 Game Operation Flas

Dragon rising

19 replies to this topic

#1 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

As some of you know I have clients pretty much all over the globe. One of them is a game company called codemasters out of San Francisco CA. They recently commissioned us to build 105 modified & painted Nerf EX pistols. Each of these had to have the games logo on them. We had originally ordered a custom titanium stamp to engrave every one, but the company who makes them for me didn't get it to me in time to make the deadline. So we had to come up with an alternative. Adrianne and Carafax cooked up 2 different decals for the two different pistols. This entire thing was done with about 4 days of actual work time. So everything was done in a huge hurry. Sean and Hans spent days living in the shop doing these.We made the Fed ex overnight deadline by about 15 minutes, but they arrived in time for the press release the next day. The plan was to hand these out in File folders to all of the members of the press. Each folder contained a gun some paperwork on the game, and 5 darts. At the end of the meeting they opened the folders and had an all out foam free for all! From what I was told it went down according to plan. I was sad that I missed it, but what can ya do? Heres a few shots of the progress of the work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

all in all it was an awesome project to work on, and the success of it has led to a few more orders like it. Which of course thrills me!lol

-NAI-

Edited by Naija Blue, 23 February 2009 - 02:17 PM.

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

How long did that take?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

How long did that take?

we did 105 pistols, and 110 custom printed file folders in 4 days.

-NAI-

#4 Drew is nerfing

Drew is nerfing

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

That is CRAZY! I wold love to have a couple hundred of these and have a huge party. Did you do internal mods like remove AR's or is it purely cosmetic?

#5 ninja mods

ninja mods

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

thats pretty cool but why does the company need that many guns?

#6 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

That is CRAZY! I wold love to have a couple hundred of these and have a huge party. Did you do internal mods like remove AR's or is it purely cosmetic?

They recently commissioned us to build 105 modified & painted Nerf EX pistols.

...but they arrived in time for the press release the next day. The plan was to hand these out in File folders to all of the members of the press. Each folder contained a gun some paperwork on the game, and 5 darts. At the end of the meeting they opened the folders and had an all out foam free for all!

Ok, seriously, read.

Looks nice, what did you do on the bottom? And the sides? The little L kinda part (to clip or tie it to something) is cut off, then you replaced it, what did you use there? Also, the part that pulls back on the gun is different too, looks good. That's definitely some nice work, even if you were pretty rushed.

#7 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Looks nice, what did you do on the bottom? And the sides? The little L kinda part (to clip or tie it to something) is cut off, then you replaced it, what did you use there? Also, the part that pulls back on the gun is different too, looks good. That's definitely some nice work, even if you were pretty rushed.

I think you are confusing the two different blasters. Some are the Eliminators, and some are the Reflex. The reflex units have the 'L' you are referring to, along with the N-Strike tactical rail (ridiculous, I know).
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#8 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

I think you are confusing the two different blasters. Some are the Eliminators, and some are the Reflex. The reflex units have the 'L' you are referring to, along with the N-Strike tactical rail (ridiculous, I know).

Oops, I guess all the ones I looked at in the picture were the one's with the L, then all the ones in the later pictures were of the other styles. I didn't know they made two styles of those guns...

#9 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hot damn. Good work, I'm sure a lot of us would kill to be doing that for a living.
Though you probably don't do it for a living, exactly...
*waits to be slapped and correctly informed*

On a side note, I like your site, but the nav bar could be a little more professional and I noticed some minor spelling and capitalization errors. :)
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#10 iM ThAT Kid

iM ThAT Kid

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

How much did they pay you?

#11 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

105 person foam brawl...
I would pay money for that.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#12 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

Minimum would be $10 for each blaster, possibly $20. You do the math...
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#13 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

thanks, and they needed them for a press release conference. It says it in the original post.

-NAI-

#14 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

[quote name='rokor' date='Feb 23 2009, 07:02 PM' post='214552']
[quote name='iM ThAT Kid' post='214549' date='Feb 23 2009, 06:53 PM']
[/quote

It would be in poor taste for me to answer that. Sorry man.

-NAI-

#15 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

Hot damn. Good work, I'm sure a lot of us would kill to be doing that for a living.
Though you probably don't do it for a living, exactly...
*waits to be slapped and correctly informed*

On a side note, I like your site, but the nav bar could be a little more professional and I noticed some minor spelling and capitalization errors. ;)

I do a variety of things for a living. I act, I'm a model, I build not just nerf but props for film & photo shoots, and I'm a wardrobe stylist. Most of the outfits you've seen in the photo shoot images were either made or styled by me.

FYI: out of everything I do nerf is one of my favorites.

Thanks. I am in the process of building 3 new website. 1 for my props, 1 for me as a model/actor/builder/stylist/ninja, and one of course for my props, and nerf.

-NAI-

#16 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

Naija, why does this need it's own topic? I mean sure it's cool that you got comission for this but we don't post a thread every time we get a promotion. This and the behind the scenes story could have fit in Modification/ Paintjob pictures thread, seriously it's pinned for a reason.

On a lighter note, I do like how clean the lines are. No blurring or mixing at all.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#17 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Naija, why does this need it's own topic? I mean sure it's cool that you got comission for this but we don't post a thread every time we get a promotion. This and the behind the scenes story could have fit in Modification/ Paintjob pictures thread, seriously it's pinned for a reason.

On a lighter note, I do like how clean the lines are. No blurring or mixing at all.

I swear if some people on this site had their way, the mod/pj topic would be the only topic on NerfHaven. There's no reason to shove EVERYTHING into that topic. I think this is perfectly deserving of its own topic, but that is not my decision, or your decision. If a topic is undeserving of topic-ness, let a mod take care of it.

And Naija Blue, that is awesome. You did a great job, especially in such a short time.

but you may want to ease-up on the double and triple posting. I think the mods have already warned you about that, have they not?

Probably dead by now, or something.

#18 Darth Tom

Darth Tom

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

I don't really mind his new topics - it's nice to see something new every once in a while. Though, if you wanted to quell all the naysayers out there, you could just start a single topic of your own. "Naija Blue's Nerf Props", or something to that effect, and just update it when you have new pics and so on. I don't think anyone could get annoyed at that.

#19 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

Well, the other one-off projects, yes, I'd much rather see those posted in the M&PJ thread.

But actually, this one is fine to have separately; after all, how many times do you see dozens upon dozens of modded, custom-painted, badged (sticker) Nerf blasters, all in one picture, and it was commissioned as a project?

That's pretty "unique" in my book. Neat, too.

Granted, I'm not thrilled off my rocker by Naija's cosplay stuff, but it's fine by me, and it is Nerf. What more could we want at NerfHaven?

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#20 Naija Blue

Naija Blue

• Banned
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:10 PM

This happens every time I post a topic. No matter what it is! Someone says something negative, and then that becomes the topic rather then what I want to show everybody. I do my best to post everything in the right forums, and if I want to post a topic every few days to share something I think rules with the community here I don't see the harm. Its not like I'm spamming or anything.

I know my stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea, and I'm fine with that.I except that no matter what I post here I will have naysayers. It comes with the territory. As far as the amount of posts I do here...... Since I picked up Hans and Carafax we crank out tons and tons of stuff almost daily! I don't post it all here because that would flood the crap out of it, and of course not all of it is nerf. I just post either what I think is really interesting, or what I have available at the times I'm on here. Right now for example. I just got home from the airport. I'm at my LA place. Its f***ing great to be back! Hollywood feels like home. I've got some modeling stuff, and some film stuff going on. I'll post some stuff in the non nerf forum if anyone is interested, but it won't be for a week or so. Check you all out later.

-NAI-

P.S. thanks to everyone for the input, the compliments, and the support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users