I give you the Crossfire 2000:
Letís get to work. Here are the internals of the Crossfire, stock:
Iím going to take the mod in four steps. One and two are more of an overview, because these mods can probably be found in other places on the site.
Step 1: Crossfire Mods
What youíre going to want to do first are some basic mods to the Crossfire. First, take your plunger tube/barrel portion of the gun out, and cut it towards the end. Then, what you want to do is take a piece of PETG, and squeeze it into that orange piece. Then, wrap e-tape around the base of that PETG until it fits snuggly in the black plunger piece (Not tightly, or it will be awkward to prime). Like I said, this is basic stuff, so I did not take detailed pictures of the process. Here is what it should look like when itís done though:
Then, youíre going to want to beef up the spring, because this oneís spring sucks stock. My spring I believe was from either a Chainblazer or a Rattler, but regardless, itís a beefy spring. Hereís a comparison (Stock on the left, with the replacement on the right)
Now, since the main spring is so powerful, youíll need to replace the catch spring with something a bit stronger. I actually recently found a bunch of industrial strength catch spring size springs, which did the job perfectly. Hereís a quick comparison:
The new catch is obviously on the left.
Now, youíre done with the mods to the Crossfire portion of this pistol of destruction. Close it up and test it out, make sure everythingís working alright. If it is, congratulations, youíre ready for step two.
Step 2: Airtech 2000 Mods
Alright, now weíre on to the AT2k part of this mod. This I have very little pictures of because A: I already had minimized a 2k before I started this project, and B: Itís not too tough to find elsewhere. Basically, what youíre going to be doing is removing the goo gage along with all of the yellow tubing in a stock 2k and replacing it with ten inches of what I believe is 3/8 od vinyl tubing. Then, you need to perform a simple mod to increase airflow, that has been done by both Imaseoulman and Tantum Bull, I believe. Correct me if Iím wrong. But basically what you do is cut the stem at the front of the 2k tank down to the point where it widens, in order to increase the air output of the tank. Then, cut a little less than half of a PVC coupler, and glue it on there. Then, in order to make this work, youíre going to need to bend the firing pin and remove the spring and orange piece from the pin. You can use a dremel or cutters for this. Then, use some wire and attach a keyring to the pin. This will be your trigger. You also want to wrap the tank with e-tape until it is one uniform diameter throughout. Match it up with the ridge on the back. This will help greatly later. I know that was really wordy, but hereís a final picture once all of that has been done (note: in the picture, itís an o-ring. You want to use a keyring, because it needs to be a quick pull to effectively release air. An o-ring will stretch a bit and delay the release):
What you also want to do that I forgot to mention is to cover your vinyl tubing with wireloom. Thatís the black tubing you see in the picture. You can find it at your local hardware store. This will protect your tubing from any damage during use.
Now, if you survived that enormous wordy paragraph, we can move on to the next step, the integration.
Edited by diamondbacknf1626, 07 May 2009 - 08:25 AM.