1. up to date, but limited in terms of content
2. limited pictures, but good potential if it were expanded upon
3. doesn't contain non-nerf blasters (like the Koosh Vortex range)
1. Only FACTUAL and non-subjective information is added. Number of pumps, packaging details, and so forth are not particularly interesting, informative, or worthwhile. Gun reviews are also not acceptable beyond specific notes mentioning common durability or component quality issues.
2. Then provide copyright-free pictures. Other than Orange's page it has the largest collection of blaster images. The vast majority of which were provided by just badger.
3. Yes it does, just search for Koosh. The blaster list even has promotional blasters included
I personally spent 3 months worth of lunch breaks at work compiling the backbone of the Blaster List and all the individual blaster pages.
1. The ability for users to add comments/short reviews/ratings for different guns, etc.
2. A gallery of images for the guns.
3. An advanced search function, allowing users to search by:
3a. name (Recon)
3b. company (Hasbro)
3c. brand (Nerf)
3d. range (N-Strike)
3f. ammo (Streamline)
3g fire type (auto-loading manual)
4. Provide a list of modifications to the particular gun
5. Stock statistics
1. NOT worthwhile. The wiki is meant to be a technical reference, not a product review site.
2. Already on each blaster page. If you have an image to ad send it to me.http://www.captainslug.com/nerf/wiki/
3b. Those pages already exist. Kenner/Larami/Hasbro blasters are sub-categorized by product line. Other brands are likewise sorted by brand.http://www.projectne...m/wiki/Buzz_Bee
3d. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE RANGE FIGURES OF ANY KIND ANYWHERE IN THE WIKI
You can even refine by color, barrel/post number, and others.
4. The modification directory here is slightly more up to date, but is mirrored on the wiki.
5. You have no idea how much time that would take for the few people that have collected a huge number of blasters to measure and weigh all of their blasters. Especially absurd since those specifics are not worth the effort of databasing.
Edited by CaptainSlug, 11 February 2009 - 07:37 PM.