Cancelled!!

32 replies to this topic

#26 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

Put me down as a maybe. It depends if I go to visit my family and if I can get time off work.
"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#27 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but some pictures would probably help a lot of us out. I probably won't be playing during the "Military" DM/TDM rounds. Probably won't be staying around for the water gun round, either. That's a lot of different archetypes for one day, but it's your call.

No out loud cursing while at the war.(Sorry Groove, but my mom will be supervising the war. It is her idea, she wants a couple of adults there to be crowd controllers.)

That's fine if you parents want to be present, we're all pretty used to seeing parents at these things. But...why was this directed at me? I do not have Tourette's Syndrome, nor am I a sailor. We're in a public place, so I won't be exposing myself or talking about wild, exotic sexual positions in front of you or your parents, or make up new curse words. You can rest easy.

-Groove
FUCKSHITASSCOCKBALLSACK.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#28 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but some pictures would probably help a lot of us out. I probably won't be playing during the "Military" DM/TDM rounds. Probably won't be staying around for the water gun round, either. That's a lot of different archetypes for one day, but it's your call.

No out loud cursing while at the war.(Sorry Groove, but my mom will be supervising the war. It is her idea, she wants a couple of adults there to be crowd controllers.)

That's fine if you parents want to be present, we're all pretty used to seeing parents at these things. But...why was this directed at me? I do not have Tourette's Syndrome, nor am I a sailor. We're in a public place, so I won't be exposing myself or talking about wild, exotic sexual positions in front of you or your parents, or make up new curse words. You can rest easy.

-Groove
FUCKSHITASSCOCKBALLSACK.

I did not mean for it to be directed at you Groove. It's just you're the only one that is coming that I know curses a decent amount, at least on the forums. The water gun round might happen. I just thought it would be a good way to cool off since it's probably going to be a hot day. The "Military Death Match" and "Military TDM" we can not play if a lot of people don't want to. I can take pictures today, but there are a few problems:
1. Just like the rest of the east coast, there is a lot of snow on the ground.
2. I have problems taking the pictures from my cell phone to the computer.
If I can figure out how, I'll definatly get pictures up soon.
One last thing. I have some guns that I don't want, so if you have a friend that wants to come, but doesn't have any guns I can sell you one.
I believe in the true lord Joseph Stalin. Problem?

#29 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

Eh, I didn't see any mandatory eye protection rules, and I'm afraid that instant-kill headshots might lead to a few eye/face injuries, so it might be a good idea to either provide eye protection or discourage going for the head entirely.

#30 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

Just so everyone knows, I'm updating the rules as soon as someone tells me a flaw in them. Again, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

#31 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

OK. Guys I am canceling NOVA War due to a couple of reasons.

1. I have to wake up at 7:00am the next morning to go to Sterling, so I don't want to be really worn out.
2. My first day of work is on the following Monday. Again, I don't want to be really tired that day.
3. I'm kind of short on money, and any money I get is going toward buying an Xbox360 and a Warhammer army.
4. My behemoth, black, brat of a dog eats my darts, and I'm running low.
5. I will probably have a golf tournament the day after.

There is an alternative event if you still want to come up. I am going to try to play a round of golf at Westpark Golf Club that morning. So you can join me there, and we can play a round of golf instead.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

#32 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Don't cancel this.

Nothing personal, but just because you can't come doesn't mean everybody else doesn't want to.

I didn't read through the thread; maybe you are giving everybody a ride. But if you aren't, understand that Nerf is a community sport and while it is tragic when one or two people cannot attend, that doesn't make or break the experience.

Own up to what you started. You don't have to go, but at least keep things running for those who are still able (10? 11? That's a decent war!).
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#33 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

Nothing personal, but just because you can't come doesn't mean everybody else doesn't want to.

If the host can't make it and there's no substitute host then a war isn't likely to take place.

I'll organize a war for the same weekend at a different location. I'll start a thread later this week.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users