27 replies to this topic

#26 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

Except for this part.

With all the recent mods/homemades, an xbow should be pretty much obsolete.

I'll elaborate. I mean obsolete as far as people going crazy trying to get one. The +bow, snapbow, crosssnap and now this are all cheaper/easier to get than an xbow. If you have an xbow or find one for cheap, use it, by all means. It is pointless to pay a lot of money for one, though. Unless it's the Guru, of course.

You make a valid point. But what makes a crossbow so valuable isn't just the performance aspect. It's easy to mod one to perform well, and it lends it self incredibly easily to integrations.

But the comfort level given by a crossbow is second to none. I've held a +bow, and while it's nice, it's not nearly as comfortable, and doesn't aim as intuitively. You can't really understand until you've used a crossbow just why they're so awesome, and you can't really explain it when you have and use one. It just...is.

I still think this is awesome, though.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#27 colonel mcscurvey

colonel mcscurvey

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

Damn you stole my idea.

#28 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

The Crossbow vs. Other is never going to have a victor because no matter what, someone is going to debate. I like the Crossbow, but after holding one, I really don't like how small it is. As for the comfort level, thats again personal preference. I like my SNAP better, and the Crossbow handle is too small for me. Its like the LNL, I get bruises from holding it. Sure the Crossbow is a good Nerf weapon, but it just feels to small to me.

On the subject of this mod, I love it. I will hopefully be doing something like it soon. It just feels fun to use.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users