Photo

Daft 09

Formerly SOF Dallas

184 replies to this topic

Poll: Dallas Nerf War Poll (84 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Indoor/Outdoor

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Gametypes

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:10 PM

I'll go ahead and set a basic gun ban.
BANNED GUNS
Singled Titans
Plugged singled BBBB's, LBB's. (If it's singled, and not plugged, its fine)
Homemade Airguns
Any guns painted all black
Any other gun that is deemed unsafe.

My personal opinion on how many guns you can carry is however many you want.
If you want to lug around 5 guns, good luck.
I'll shoot you while you're reloading.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#52 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

I'll go ahead and set a basic gun ban.
BANNED GUNS
Singled Titans
Plugged singled BBBB's, LBB's. (If it's singled, and not plugged, its fine)

Homemade Airguns
Any guns painted all black
Any other gun that is deemed unsafe.

My personal opinion on how many guns you can carry is however many you want.
If you want to lug around 5 guns, good luck.
I'll shoot you while you're reloading.

BANNED GUNS
Homemade guns
Ok, listen, as much as I know you love your SNAP or whatever, this is for NERF products only. I'm even a bit iffy on Stefans, though I'll allow them this time, and go from there.

Any guns painted black
We're already risking getting cops called on us. Having black guns will add to that. I'm relying on having bright blue, red, and yellow guns preventing people from cop-calling us.

Anything that shoots non-Nerf ammo
This is Nerf, not Airsoft. Or paintball for that matter. Your bb guns, Airsoft, paintball, and those insipid paintball splat things stay home.

Washer-weighted Stefans
Ok, a bb is enough weight. Especially if you've got the means to fire a washer-weighted stefan farther than 30 feet.

Allowances
Guns
You can carry as many as you want, whatever you want, so long as it doesn't defy my banned guns list. Singled Titans are allowed. (Anything that's considered under the same ban as an S-Titan must NOT fire any closer than 30 feet, and headshots are NEVER allowed. If I find out you did, you won't be able to use your S-Titan class weapon for the rest of the war, no questions asked. If you do, you'll be removed from the war. Come on, man, it's just good sportsmanship.) I suggest no more than 3, but it's up to you. Also, I suggest a good way to carry them all, be it holsters, straps, NWS, etc.

Grenades
Nerf Grenades (AKA the frisbee grenade) are allowed. The "Shrapnel" follows 3/15. If you are hit by 3 darts (shrapnel), it's a kill. Further hits don't count against you.

That's it. The reasoning behind S-Ts is this is Texas, where you're allowed to have all kinds of high-caliber weapons.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#53 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

EYE PROTECTION MANDATORY

SkitzoMC, I really disagree with your gun ruling, but whatever.

To those coming-if in doubt, bring it.
Worst case, you can't use it. Oh well.

Edited by sputnik, 09 February 2009 - 07:54 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#54 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:12 PM

About what? You lectured me about being a pussy with stefans, and become a pussy when I say Singled Titans are okay? How many people actually have one?

Though you're right: When in doubt: Bring the gun. I'll tell you no if it's not, yes if it is. :(

Unless it's something stupid like a black gun, homemade, paintball, or washer stefan. :D

#55 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:24 PM

About what? You lectured me about being a pussy with stefans, and become a pussy when I say Singled Titans are okay? How many people actually have one?

Though you're right: When in doubt: Bring the gun. I'll tell you no if it's not, yes if it is. :(

Unless it's something stupid like a black gun, homemade, paintball, or washer stefan. :D

Have you seen Angel's singled Titan video?
I'd rather be shot with a paintball than with my S-T.

Washer stefans are fine if they have foam over the tips, but whatever.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#56 Vimes

Vimes

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:50 AM

I say this: stefans are a must. I haven't made washer stefans myself, but from CS's writeup they seem no less safe than normal stefans. How heavy do you think those washers are?

Maybe we should try the old "if you can take a point blank shot in the family jewels from it you can use it" method, or something like that. Any way...lets not get too caught up in the banning of guns. This is our first major war here in Texas so lets make it fun and try to accommodate as many people as possible.

We're on our way people!

Edited by Vimes, 10 February 2009 - 12:52 AM.

The path of my life is strewn with cow-pats from the devil's own satanic herd!

#57 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:29 AM

Felt tipped washer darts are lighter than most types of stefans. Every war having it's own set of rules is one of the more interesting aspects of nerf, but when you make rules without a basis of experience you run the risk of alienating people unfairly. I'm not saying that if you're running it, you shouldn't run it by the rules you are comfortable with; I'm just suggesting that you do your due diligence and investigate the rules before applying them.

VACC

#58 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

Felt tipped washer darts are lighter than most types of stefans. Every war having it's own set of rules is one of the more interesting aspects of nerf, but when you make rules without a basis of experience you run the risk of alienating people unfairly. I'm not saying that if you're running it, you shouldn't run it by the rules you are comfortable with; I'm just suggesting that you do your due diligence and investigate the rules before applying them.

VACC

I forgot about felties...

My cousin has some old glue-tipped washer stefans, and his "Magic Mav" (AKA the one that keeps on tryin to take my eye) brained me with one once... His Mav's banned from all our indoor wars...

Now, seriously, bb stefans are easier to come by than washers. I did forget felties... Like I said, if in doubt bring it. Worst that can happen is you can't use it.

#59 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:40 PM

I really think you should ban singled Titans. Those things are just scary, and I would NEVER want to be shot with one, even from 30 feet. Stefans are fine. They are more or less safe, assuming you don't get shot in the eye. Singled Titans are safe only from 70+ feet. And even then, it's pushing it.
Regarding the no all-black guns thing, my sidearm is a black and silver NF, but it's trigger is orange. If necessary I could flag it with colored paper or E-tape, would that be fine?
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#60 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

I think stefan are stefans. its not modding if you are firing a freakin stream line.

Also i think angle has made the titan the devil in wars, from his own personal creation.
I know from experience most S-titans dont get 200 ft. and brake skin at 15.
but your setting up the war so what you guys say is fine with me.

If needed we can go over gun restrictions, and rules there. Just make sure to bring back-ups.
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#61 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

I really think you should ban singled Titans. Those things are just scary, and I would NEVER want to be shot with one, even from 30 feet. Stefans are fine. They are more or less safe, assuming you don't get shot in the eye. Singled Titans are safe only from 70+ feet. And even then, it's pushing it.

To settle the matter, we could allow singled titans to be brought, but a power test could be conducted to see whether it would be safe for battle. Basically not banning them, but putting them under the "bring it for evaluation" list.

#62 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:34 PM

Alright, I have one suggestion/modification to the singled titan rule: for every dart you shoot at someone with a singled titan, even if it doesn't hit them, you must punch yourself in the junk.

Also, are we using stefans or no bc I don't have anymore, they are either crushed, broken or lost.
"I am The Milkman, my milk is delicious"

I had a long hiatus from nerfing from '09-'13

#63 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

Yes, we are using stefans.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#64 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

Answering questions:

Use stefans, but glue-tipped washer steffies are banned. Felt-tipped (AKA lighter than glue-washer) are allowed, as are any kind of bb stefans. (Unless the BB is sticking out of the tip)

If you have an S-titan, bring it, and we'll see if it's appropriate.

Again, the statement stands: If in doubt, bring it. I'll yes or no it if it's good or not.

Also, Salmon, if you wrap it in colorful tape or something, it's ok. As long as it's not visibly black on D-day. (D, asl in DAFT :lol:)

#65 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

Final location?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#66 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

Final location?

Final Location: Juan Seguin High School Campus, 7100 Silo Road, Arlington, Tx, 76002.

#67 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

Final Location: Juan Seguin High School Campus, 7100 Silo Road, Arlington, Tx, 76002.

For sure?

You talked to the Principle/Superintendent/etc?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#68 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

For sure?

You talked to the Principle/Superintendent/etc?

Checked it out. Principal has no say during the summer, so I checked with the Band director (Who will likely be on campus some time in early August) and the Security officer. Neither is 100% certain on the matter, but they're pretty sure. If we get booted, the park down the road, Cravens Park, will be a viable alternative.

Just remember that nothing is set in stone. Something can go wrong, and if it does, we'll have to default to a secondary location. However, if anything does go badly at Seguin, they'll just tell us to get off the campus.

#69 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

Sweet.

Now to get an attendance list.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#70 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

I've edited the first post. Tell me if you're coming, and I'll update the attendance list.

#71 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Count me in baby. This war shall ROCK.

#72 Vimes

Vimes

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

As before, so it is now.

I'm coming.
The path of my life is strewn with cow-pats from the devil's own satanic herd!

#73 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

Should be able to come. I'm working it out, as I said, but I might be bringing a few members of my clan too.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#74 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

So, a definite maybe for Salmon...

#75 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

Bump...

So, I filmed a video for my Geography class today.

Used the campus.
It was a day off.
No problems.
Had nerf guns (Entire arsenal plus my cousin's).
Security guy even came by and said nothing, going about his activities as normal.
Then, my father came with his truck.
Half the coaching staff was on campus.
We had my Vulcan mounted to the top to film.
We rolled up on the sidewalk-type area leading from the student parking lot to the building.
We shot several takes of that scene.

NO PROBLEMS.

So, basically, we should be great, come August.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users