Maverick Silencing

and maybe a few tips could be needed

7 replies to this topic

#1 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

okay well I finished nodding 2/3 of my new storebought mavs and my parents get irritatded when they hear the loudass bang that my gun give out.

I'm trying to find a way to silence the reverse plunger by adding some foam in the very back of the air chamber. But seeing that the maverick doesn't have any deadspace at all in the plunger/chamber, I find it hard to find a way to silence the impact.
Surely you could put foam AROUND the chamber but it will eventually get caught by the spring ad complications will build up.

I've searched 'maverick silencer' and 'silenced maverick' and got no results. Maybe there isn't a way to silence it :/

I'm going to need paint tips as well!

Not that I don't know how to paint but, what kind if paint do you professionals out there suggest. One that doesn't wear out from simply touching. See I bought a brand of red insignia paint (that's the color) and it was supposedly high enamel and supposedly it dries really quick and sticks on just like spray paint but I needed it for detailing

What brand do you guys prefer for detiling needs?? As for brush sizes and accessories?
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

try jamming any sort of soft or foamy object including fbr inside the empty spaces in the shell. this'll help dampen the the bang and vibrations the gun makes.
QUOTE(Puppy-žlayer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#4 s3an967

s3an967

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

For painting look up how to paint your guns and it by Salidin-Naz and it's a pretty good write-up.
Watch this- I can tip-toe while you take a piss.

#5 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

Krylon Fusion for Plastics.
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#6 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

Taking a few moments to search and read is the best thing you can do for both.
there isn't a write up for silencing the mav because there really isn't. Its a Foam shooting nerf gun. Not a real gun.
And as for paint there are so many how to paint threads that it isn't funny.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#7 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

Just like s3an967 said try this link http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14803 . I've got the best paints that I've been able to find all listed near the beginning of that write-up. That, or you could send it to me and I'd paint it for ya :D , been thinking of taking Splitlip's advice and opening up a Nerf painting shop, you could be my first customer.

Salindin

#8 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

As Blacksunshine said, it's a toy Nerf blaster. They aren't that loud to begin with.

The only way to get it quieter and with approximately the same range as a Maverick, is to throw the darts yourself. That's about as silent as you can be, with the same ranges. :(

And If your parents think that that's noisy, wait until you grow up and play with even noisier toys, like hot rod cars, rifles, and loud women.

I'm a parent, and my kids love to shoot their Nerf blasters in the house. In fact, my son also shoots his .177 caliber air rifle in the house (safely, on our home made range and backstop, of course). I think it's music to my ears.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users