Snowskate Help

cant seem to build ramp

8 replies to this topic

#1 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Ok so other than nerfing I snowskate, its like snowboarding without the bindings and its a smaller board, so anyway i have two hills set up one with a grinding rail sticking out of it and the other is steeper. I am trying to build a ramp off of the steeper one but i just keep on running right through and watch my work become powdered dust. Does any one know how to make a ramp out of just snow?
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#2 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

I would put some cardboard or plywood to add some rigidity
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#3 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:50 PM

Yeah i am actually trying somthing like that now. Im also thinking of spraying it with water...
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#4 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

Just pack it down until its hard enough for you to stand on and spray some water on it, also make sure theres a good ttransition.
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#5 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

One strategy toward building a snow jump that has a 90% success rate is before it snows you put down a jump made out of a heavy and sturdy material. I often use a small wood. make sure to latch it down well. wait for the snow o cover it up, and if you want it to be extra slick you could spray some Luke warm water on it. If it already has snowed you just need to dig out a space to put it in. ride carefully, hope this helps.

#6 Greed

Greed

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

Pour water on it and wait overnight, for ice?
1. Now owns and wears a speedo.
2. Operates under 17 layers of psychological subterfuge/warfare/guile.
3. Is a master at rock-paper-scissors.
4. Hates everything. Just ask.
5. Likes his Gengar.

#7 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

Register on a Snowskate forum.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#8 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

Ramprage.com is a good forum for skateboarding, and they have a semi-active snowskate sub-forum. Look that shit up

#9 wespelarno

wespelarno

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:38 AM

Compact the snow really thoroughly. Using the shovel, throw down a single shovel load of snow and compact by hitting with the shovel. Then step on it evenly. Don't stomp, just walk on it. Or even better, get a friend. Have one of you shovel snow and the other walk around continuosly. A tiny bit of water may help, but don't use too much or the snow will be soft and mushy until it refreezes

Build the ramp significantly bigger than you want the final jump to be. And for the moment don't worry about shaping it. You will need a lot of snow

Once you have a large, shapeless lump of rock hard snow it is time to shape the ramp. Use a shovel to carve the face of the jump into a beautiful, UNIFORM, curve. If the curve is jerky or sudden, you lose all your speed and will be thrown into the air in weird ways. So make sure you carve from the top down in a perfectly round curve. Leave it over night so it has time to set. This will leave you with a jump that will work perfectly and won't blow away.
Someday, we're gonna break free from these chains and you know, someday, we're gonna dance with those lions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users