Photo

March Meltdown

136 replies to this topic

#26 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

Anyway, I can't see why I wouldn't be coming to this one, I live 20 minutes away.

Feel like making that "I can't see why I would be late to this one, I live 20 minutes away"? Haha

Told you already, but for everyone else, I'm a definite.
Teehee.

#27 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

Ah damnit I am now a maybe. I might be going to Florida that day. My mom has to find out what the hell is happening. I really hope I can this one guys. I will edit this post if I am a definite or out as soon as possible.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#28 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

I would love go to this awesome war, but I live in Canada, and I don't think anyone is going to be driving 8hrs. BUT I love the rules of the exhibition round

Fuck off. I'm driving between 7-8 hours to be there. And paying for a hotel room while I'm at it.

I'll also be bringing NERFSTRONG wristbands to the war incase anyone was interested in purchasing them. They will be sold for $5.00 each.

-Groove

I am a maybe. We'll have to see how school and work are going by that time, but if I come, I will be driving 7 hours as well. I hate seeing people complain about 7 hour drives. Hopefully this time though, nothing will come out of nowhere to stop me from coming.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#29 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

Pro: I will be there.
Con: My postwar comments will now be much less interesting.

Question: Am I allowed to use both a modded pistol and a stock gun for that round or do I have to choose between the two?
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#30 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

You can use whatever you want. I don't care how many guns you carry.

No one should take it personally that I don't want cons in the thread. I know some of you are more interested in making your wars better, but at this point everyone knows what to expect at my wars, they know they're awesome and if they don't, they don't come. If you want to make suggestions after the war, PM me. I don't promise that they will be taken seriously.

Now can we please get back on topic, I'd like to keep this thread focused on the war and not the format in which your bitching will be taken into account.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#31 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

Damn, I am fucking out. At least I get to go to Florida. I am going to "loser" the golfers on the golf course that is right by the place I am staying. Have fun, really pissed I cant make it.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 13 January 2009 - 06:27 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#32 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

My weapon of choice for the stock-only skirmish is ready.
Posted Image
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#33 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

I guess Slug's post leads me to ask this question: What counts as stock? A longshot with a front-gun integration is pretty much the same thing slug did with that magstrike, so would it be allowed?

#34 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

I guess Slug's post leads me to ask this question: What counts as stock? A longshot with a front-gun integration is pretty much the same thing slug did with that magstrike, so would it be allowed?

Are all the air restrictors and original parts intact? I'm not sure if he cares about the integration aspect, but if the longshot is modded at all I would ahve to assume the the answer would be no.

#35 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

Are all the air restrictors and original parts intact? I'm not sure if he cares about the integration aspect, but if the longshot is modded at all I would ahve to assume the the answer would be no.

I am talking about both guns being completely stock (ARs intact, stock springs...they will not be performance modded in any way) other than the fact that they will be stuck together. Technically, it is just like putting the front gun where it originally goes onto the LS, but it would reduce bulk.

#36 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

I probably won't be there if it's on the 7th. I have things I need to do on that day.

Edited by Echnalaid, 18 January 2009 - 10:01 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#37 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:38 PM

I'm a very high possibility. Swimming ends the weekend before, so I'll most likely be able to make it.
TMC

#38 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

I am super eggcited about this war Peter.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#39 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

I think I'm going to try to make this. I'll start asking some of my friends and seeing who would be willing to play

#40 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:16 AM

Just got my work schedule. Sadly, I will be working Saturdays for the next few months. I'm gonna have to skip this one. Seacrest out!
I hate you.

#41 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Some (2) of my friend and I might go. Questions: Do prescription glasses count as eye protection? I use captain slug style darts, except I use a 3/8 felt head instead of a 1/2. Is that legal, or do I need to get 1/2 felt tips?

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 22 January 2009 - 05:10 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#42 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

You're glasses are fine. I don't care what darts you use as long as there is no exposed metal.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#43 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

About the stock skirmish... I have a 2K tank, and a stock turret. It has no goo gauge, so will this be considered legal if I just redo the tubing and there's no gauge?

#44 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

This is very, very easy to determine. If you've modified the gun, it's modded. If you haven't it's not. So the answer to your question is no. I clearly said the only thing you can do to any gun is take the feet off the longshot.

Talio.

#45 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

About the stock skirmish... I have a 2K tank, and a stock turret. It has no goo gauge, so will this be considered legal if I just redo the tubing and there's no gauge?

It's modded pistols and stock guns. The idea is that you can use a longshot or an RF20 to fend off the zombies. There's no point in using a stock 2k, because it's slower than a modded pistol. I'll repeat it just to be clear: The only reason to use a stock gun during this round is if it has significantly better rate of fire than your modded pistol. Basically, you'd be better off with a Mav than a 2k.

Also : The rule is that stock guns are guns that you have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to because Talio doesn't want to be bothered debating what is stock or inspecting guns at the war. It's a pretty simple rule to follow. Don't be a dipshit about it. (Not directed at NOF. Just advice for anyone else preparing to ask whether their gun is considered stock.)

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#46 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

I think I'm going to try to make this. I'll start asking some of my friends and seeing who would be willing to play

Yeah, hopefully we'll be able to accumulate a large group for the first time in a year or so.

As of so far, I'm available that weekend. It's been so long since I've picked up a nerf gun due primarily to college work, so I'm pumped for this.

Tex~

Edited by Texansharpshooter, 29 January 2009 - 03:32 PM.

HERP DERP.

#47 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Put me down as a maybe I still need to check if Im free that day, I might also be bringing a friend along.

#48 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

I will have to leave a bit early, but not by much. I have to go to a sweet sixteen for a person I barely even know! (awkward senior with tons of sophomores)

#49 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

Does anyone know the start and end time of the war because I need to know when to leave my house to get there.

#50 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:44 AM

Does anyone know the start and end time of the war because I need to know when to leave my house to get there.

General rule of thumb is that these wars start at 10:00 AM. Unless Talio comes on and says otherwise you should assume that is the start time.

VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users