Shotgun Shells

modded darts

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerffan3000

nerffan3000

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

HI, I'M new to moding but I had an idea a while ago about making a spread shot dart for my double shot by making hot glue dots and mixing it with torn up foam then putting it down the center of a micro dart with the top removed and I was wondering if you guys think if it would work or not

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

I doubt it. I have used a stack 1/4" long darts with a flat head weighted with only hot glue with moderate success.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 loni

loni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

The dart would travel with the mass of hot glue and dart, try making a way to just shoot the mass of hot glue and dart, it would act much like a true shotgun. Other advice: just try it and see what happens.

-Loni

Edited by loni, 04 January 2009 - 05:01 PM.

"I don't nerf to see who is the best, I nerf to see who is the biggest bitch"

#4 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

Just make 1/4 inch darts like bobafan said, it works wonders.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#5 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to try using shotgun darts with the double shot. As it is, it barely gets ranges in the forties with regular darts and heavy modification. I doubt the spreadshot would get twenty.

I know the buzzbee guns have the advantage of having shells to try this with, but you should try and make the darts work for more powerful guns. Some you don't even have to make specialty darts for. You can ram three or four darts down the barrel of a singled at2k and get a decent shotgun.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#6 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

2 pieces of foam with a shaft of cardboard in the middle, pellets of HG in toilet paper and held shut by wetting the TP on the outer edge, in the cavity between the chunks of foam. I did it, and is devastating out of a LS, giant plume of hot glue everywhere. And 30 holes in a piece of paper.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#7 nerffan3000

nerffan3000

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to try using shotgun darts with the double shot. As it is, it barely gets ranges in the forties with regular darts and heavy modification. I doubt the spreadshot would get twenty.

I know the buzzbee guns have the advantage of having shells to try this with, but you should try and make the darts work for more powerful guns. Some you don't even have to make specialty darts for. You can ram three or four darts down the barrel of a singled at2k and get a decent shotgun.

Well couldn't you mod the shells

#8 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

I actually made some shotgun shells a while ago with a different kind of "pellet."
  • Materials:
  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • Scotch/school tape
  • Around 3" of FBR that fits your barrel
  • ~5mm diameter plastic straws
  • Glue of some kind (hot glue would work)
  • Pen or pencil
  • Technique - Shell
  • Cut the piece of paper to sections measuring 3x2.5"
  • Put a piece of tape along one of the 3" sides
  • Roll the paper around the FBR somewhat tightly, using the tape at the end to keep it in place. Remove the FBR.
  • Cut two 1/2" pieces of FBR, and set them off to the side.
  • Use your pen/pencil to make an arrow pointing to what will be the front of the shell
From here, you have a usable shotgun shell. You can either make the hotglue pellets described earlier, or you can go on to the ammunition I used.
  • Technique - Pellets
  • Cut 2" sections of plastic straw
  • Plug one end of each straw with glue (if using hot glue, you should just need a drop that covers all the edges)
  • To use:
  • Put one of the 1/2" pieces in one end of the paper shell.
  • Put the plugged straws inside the shell, with the plugged ends facing the arrow on the shell. The straws should be loose in the shell, so don't put too many straws inside.
  • Plug the other end of the shell with the other piece of foam.
  • Put the shell in the barrel of your blaster, with the shell's arrow pointing outwards. Just jamming it in is fine.
  • Prime your blaster and fire.
From a stock crossfire, this ammo got about 30 foot range with a max spread of about 5 feet, making it fairly accurate.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#9 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

I've made a Stefon shotgun shell on nerf revolution. its a feasible design with 25 pellets in each 5/8" shell. Go check it out if you are still interested.

search, stefon shotgun shell

it uses air soft pellets and gets a range of around 35 ft max

(with a doomsayer, stock spring and longshot spring, with plunger mods and AR removal it gets 85 ft with 3.5" double weighted stefons)
"When the pin is pulled Mr. grenade is not your friend." -US army training manual

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

copy and paste this to your Sig if you are a mac.

#10 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

Slim Jim is banned.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users