Nerf Ronin

Remote Operated RF20

9 replies to this topic

#1 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

For all you 007 Nightfire fans! So I was at my local odds and ends store yesterday when I noticed this little device. It advertised you being in your drive-way and turning the lights on in your house. It plugs into the wall, theres an outlet on the bottom and a little remote on a keychain. I also found a little motor with a small plastic gear on it. At this point I thought remote controlled RF20. So this morning it came all together. I had to extend the trigger for that the little motor to pull the trigger, I did this by gluing some wood to it so there would be more torque on the end of the extension. I then tied some string around the end of the wood piece and up the the motor. Then plugged in the motor via extension cord to the remotely-turning-stuff-on-thingy, put all of it on a tripod, and there you have it remote operated RF20.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vid:http:

Edited by Matt31, 28 December 2008 - 12:23 PM.

"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:49 AM

Thats pretty intense. The only problem I see is thatit can't turn horizontally, which can be easilly fixed by attaching another motor with a pivot point under the blaster.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:51 AM

Thats pretty intense. The only problem I see is thatit can't turn horizontally, which can be easilly fixed by attaching another motor with a pivot point under the blaster.

Yeah, I thought about this too. Maybe eventually I'll get more motors and remotes, but until then I'm going to test this out in battle.

#4 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

Yes! Nightfire!

Anyhow, that would be a hell of a blaster for indoor wars. You need a few more servos though to make it a true Ronin. If you were feeling ambitious, you could also set a web cam up to interface with the servos and make it follow a target.

#5 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

Holy crap. That's insane, I am just trying to figure out that even works even after reading your discription. You did a really nice job on this. Just a few questions, in the video the gun was mounted sideways can it mounted upright, and also do you think this is practical in a war situation.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 28 December 2008 - 12:42 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#6 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

Holy crap. That's insane, I am just trying to figure out that even works even after reading your discription. You did a really nice job on this. Just a few questions, in the video the gun was mounted sideways can it mounted upright, and also do you think this is practical in a war situation.

Well, its easiest to mount sideways for a couple reasons. First because the tripod mount, i just drilled a hole in the body where there is nothing important and screwed it in. And second the motor fits easier on the side than somewhere else. I nerf indoors so, it is most definitely practical for me, I can set it up in a flash (just place and plug in) and it defends a hallway very nicely.

#7 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

Nightfire! Awesome! That was me and my friends' life when we were in elementary school.

Cool mod also. Now you just need to fit it in a suitcase! :D

#8 loni

loni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

This thing would be perfect for an indoor war. Does it have to be plugged in to an outlet to work? If it does, that creates a serious limitation on the practicality of the gun. Creative mod nonetheless. Good job!

-Loni

Edited by loni, 28 December 2008 - 05:40 PM.

"I don't nerf to see who is the best, I nerf to see who is the biggest bitch"

#9 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

That is one of the most intense things I have ever seen. If you you'd put the remote next to a door and aim the gun at the door, a person that was walking into that room would be pelted with nerf darts. Awsome mod.

Edited by slienced assassin, 28 December 2008 - 05:47 PM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#10 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

That is my favorite video game ever.

*Huggles*
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users