Photo

My School Has A Nerf Team

29 replies to this topic

#26 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

The way the school I am in is is that they don't care, the principals know and like us, mainly because we do constructive things after school and get good grades and are all on honr roll, but they would never allow us to have a nerf club. The suckish part is that the other around here in our nerf group don't even want to start an official club due to the trouble, time and money.

What kind of money are you talking about?

#27 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

Thats awesome that you got it rolling in your school.

For the rest of you wondering how to do it. You don't ask. You tell them what you are doing. And you get your parents behind you. See its your parents that run the school. Not the faculty. If the parents are fine with the activity and are behind your doing it in a organized fashion then that will show the school what is deemed appropriate by the parents. Its good to go to them with everything already mapped out. And again. DON'T ask. TELL them. Outline your game plan and the way you intend on organizing it. Inform them of the scheduled events that are planned OFF campus. Being that the events are off campus they cannot tell you no. They cannot stop you from creating an off campus club. Seeing that you are going to move forward with the blessing of the local parents will encourage them to also want to take part. (Easy community bonus points for them). After a couple events hat go off without issue. Then you might be able to get them to allow it on campus in an official manner. I would also suggest creating a petition and have other students that are interested in participating sign. As well as their parents so to show they their parents are also behind the idea.

If they start to talk about safety you can compare nerfing to other full contact sports such as football where students have been known to become crippled for life due to injury. I would actually bring statistics of injury from other type events. that way they will be shut down when trying to use that avenue.

If you run into the situation of "getting suspended" for even suggesting a club of such a nature feel free to inform your principle that they are in fact violating your rights and their own school policy and if they would like to move forward with the suspension then your parents attorney will be in contact with them as well as the school board shortly.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#28 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

I'm not sure a school could suspend you for ASKING. But yes, like said in the post above, we were very organized, had everything all planned out before bringing it to the school.

#29 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

Hey Awesomeness101, the money would be for ammo and loaner guns for the new guys. Even though altogether we have maybe 20 guns, some are...well a bit cruel and evil.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#30 erfig

erfig

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

i wish my school had a nerf club, then i again, my parents don't like my nerfing,and my school is filled with asses
For those who say nerf is for kids, just take a look at this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users