54 replies to this topic

#51 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

the cashier was just calling the Longshot gay

Kneejerk reaction

Please read things from now on, while it was wrong for him to say that, you could have handled it much better, shit, if you asked for an apology, odds are you'd get one, and maybe he wouldn't be out of a job.

The point is he shouldn't have said it to begin with. What ever happened to customer service? Last I heard calling a customers purchase gay isn't very good customer service.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#52 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

Kneejerk reaction

Please read things from now on, while it was wrong for him to say that, you could have handled it much better, shit, if you asked for an apology, odds are you'd get one, and maybe he wouldn't be out of a job.

The cashier was out of line. Period. Get over it. He lost his job because he felt the need to use derogatory comments towards a customer. Regardless of who or what he was calling gay. That comment was FAR out of line. the Knee Jerk reaction tho it was still was because of the cashiers initial out of line comment. The situation was created by the dude speaking his opinion where his opinion was not valid or appreciated. Obviously his employer felt the same way.

I bet you're the type that feels that food service people deserve a tip regardless of how poor the service they provide. Because "they are trying to make a living". You want to make a living in the service industry you need to learn when to bite your tongue and just shut the fuck up.
Example. Iphones, I hate Iphones. I think that people that buy them are fairly stupid and they are shitty POS phones anyhow. But when a customer calls me to help set one up to work on our data services I don't express my PERSONAL opinion about the customers purchase. I don't tell them that their phone is a overpriced Ipod with a shitty cell feature. Or that they could have gotten 2X the phone for the same price if they bought XXXXX phone. I smile. give them the info tell them how great their phone is and send them on their way. If I feel the need to bag on their purchase and or them, I do so after they are gone off the phone with my co workers. I do not insult the customer because I value my job.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#53 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

Kneejerk reaction

The cashier was out of line. Period. Get over it. He lost his job because he felt the need to use derogatory comments towards a customer. Regardless of who or what he was calling gay. That comment was FAR out of line. the Knee Jerk reaction tho it was still was because of the cashiers initial out of line comment. The situation was created by the dude speaking his opinion where his opinion was not valid or appreciated. Obviously his employer felt the same way.

I bet you're the type that feels that food service people deserve a tip regardless of how poor the service they provide. Because "they are trying to make a living". You want to make a living in the service industry you need to learn when to bite your tongue and just shut the fuck up.
Example. Iphones, I hate Iphones. I think that people that buy them are fairly stupid and they are shitty POS phones anyhow. But when a customer calls me to help set one up to work on our data services I don't express my PERSONAL opinion about the customers purchase. I don't tell them that their phone is a overpriced Ipod with a shitty cell feature. Or that they could have gotten 2X the phone for the same price if they bought XXXXX phone. I smile. give them the info tell them how great their phone is and send them on their way. If I feel the need to bag on their purchase and or them, I do so after they are gone off the phone with my co workers. I do not insult the customer because I value my job.

Now I agree it's like a little kid gave you candy then you kicked him in the nuts.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#54 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

Just remembered a story that is relevant here.

I was working at a "Toys for Tots" location as a volunteer. My job was to have people give me their lists, and then I would go get their items (or ones that matched closely) and bring them back. One customer had a list with the name "Toby" written on it, and listing barbie, my little pony, and pink legos. I said: "These are pretty weird items for a boy".

Toby wasn't a boy.

Needless to say, she was pretty furious, and talked to my supervisor. I was shocked, I honestly didn't think she would be so angry, especially when Toby actually was a girl.

I was then told to go put my vest back in the closet and leave.

I felt horrible and learned my lesson. Just shut your mouth if you have an opinion about their purchase.

Edited by Foamfoot, 23 December 2008 - 09:34 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#55 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

I call shenanigans. If this did actually happen, silentsnipe you are embellishing the truth completely.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users