Photo

Nite Finder Barrel

7 replies to this topic

#1 dred

dred

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

Ok hey, finaly my acouunt go activated so here i go with alot of my barrel questions.

*what is so bad about copper, I bought it at home depo and i used it for a month but than i found out people said it was bad so i don't know.

* I tries useing a crayola barrel but i couldn't get the tabs on the inside out

* whats the diffence between cpvc and pvc

thanks guys i realy hope this helps, by the way i will have a rite up on my nite finder soon
Primary. modded longshot no clip
Secondary. modded nite finer

#2 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

Ok hey, finaly my acouunt go activated so here i go with alot of my barrel questions.

*what is so bad about copper, I bought it at home depo and i used it for a month but than i found out people said it was bad so i don't know.

* I tries useing a crayola barrel but i couldn't get the tabs on the inside out

* whats the diffence between cpvc and pvc

thanks guys i realy hope this helps, by the way i will have a rite up on my nite finder soon

1. Nothing is wrong with it. It is simply hard to find copper that fits your darts because it does not come in uniform sizes. However, if it fits your needs, use it.

2. You really don't need to.

3. CPVC (Chlorinated PVC) is much tighter and normally used for springers. Also, it is a beige color, while PVC is white.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#3 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

I'm repeating what Ubermensch said, but being a little more specific. CPVC even though it is marked 1/2" it has a smaller ID than 1/2" PVC which is normally larger than 1/2" so 1/2" CPVC is really 1/2".

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

Copper isn't popular because it's expensive, heavy, tarnishes easily, and is not receptive to adhesives.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 15 December 2008 - 10:47 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

Copper isn't popular because it's expensive, heavy, tarnishes easily, and is not receptive to adhesives.

3. CPVC (Chlorinated PVC) is much tighter and normally used for springers. Also, it is a beige color, while PVC is white.

The C in CPVC that people referred to here is Copper-pipe-size PVC pipe. It's not referring to the material "CPVC" which is actually Co-polymer PolyVinylChloride (which is usually gray in color).

NPT/NPS Plastic pipe sizes are based on the old Iron pipe size dimensions. Copper pipe sizes are different, so in order to save cost when running interior water lines (since copper is horribly expensive and continues to rise in value) many builders opt for using Copper-pipe-size PVC pipe instead.

I thought that CTS signified that the pipe used copper pipe dimensions?

#6 dred

dred

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

ok thanks every body im goona finsh my thing of copper and than i think ill use the crayola. Just 1 more question, is crayola as good as cpvc
Primary. modded longshot no clip
Secondary. modded nite finer

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:47 PM

I thought that CTS signified that the pipe used copper pipe dimensions?

Oh hell, whatever.

The amount of overlap in Plumbing standard abbreviations is mind-numbing.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 15 December 2008 - 10:47 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 DarkKnight

DarkKnight

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

With respect to Crayolas and barrel types, see the new thread here for more information.

Me, I use 1/2" PVC. It's extremely loose on stock micro darts, but it works for me. I don't do range tests, since "if it ain't fun, why do it" and I lack moving targets to ply my trade with... ;)

Losers always whine about their best... Winners go home and fcsk the prom queen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users