Maverick turret mod

7 replies to this topic

#1 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

The K9 Drop-ins

This Mod is to make the turret removable and act more like a Magazine. (I hate turrets)
Since everyone hates mavs, there should be a couple extra mav turrets floating around
It is simillar to CS's Drop clip but prettier and more stable.http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8367

Preresiquites:

-Nerf Maverick mods:
AR removal
Roulette

Tools used (That I used)
-2 needle-nosed pliers
-straight nail-clippers
-Wire cutters
-Lighter
-Candle
-Mini-screwdriver
-Screwdrivers
-Drill bits
-glue gun & glue

Materials
-Wire coat hanger
-Nerf Maverick

Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image

First, Open the gun and disassemple the turret. the Take this piece, and make lines where to cut, and cut (I used wire cutters) then smooth down the sides (I used a lighter)

Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image

Then, take the other gray piece, trim down the cylinder (I used nail clippers, screwdriver and pliers)

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Reassemble the turret without the gray pieces
Posted Image

Take this rod, glue into the turret like so:
Posted Image
Posted Image

not like this (the turret will not fit):
Posted Image

Now drill holes into the Gray pieces here (I used the candle and mini-screwdriver with the drill bits):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

don't post

Edited by k9turrent, 14 December 2008 - 09:10 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#2 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

Now take the coat hanger and straighten it and put it into this gray piece, and secure with hot glue (ensure it's flush with the plastic:

Posted Image

place everything together in the shell and bend the wires to holes on the other gray piece, mark the points to bend them in, with a marker:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

disassemble and bend away. It doesn't have be perfect when you glue it in, the wire will bend after glue Has dried.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Align the gray pieces and reassemble:

Posted Image

DONE!!!

Time to do actual mod: 30min
Modding, dancing and screwing up: 1.5 hrs

Now the turret will pop out from the rear,

To insert the Turret:

front end in first:
Posted Image
Snap the back into place:
Posted Image

The mod does nothing for range, only for the ability to swap out the turret

Ranges:

The same as normal modded maverick

comments, questions, concerns?

Edited by k9turrent, 14 December 2008 - 05:03 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#3 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

I just dont understand why you would go through all that trouble, dont get me wrong its creative. But cant you just push the black release button on the side, thats what i did with mine.( and mine was a drop clip too)

#4 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

I just dont understand why you would go through all that trouble, dont get me wrong its creative. But cant you just push the black release button on the side, thats what i did with mine.( and mine was a drop clip too)

The wires and extra piece gray piece, allow for a more stable points for the turret to be mounted. plus, its was for the modding competition on Foam Universe. Join and Vote for me!!!!
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

Ok I finally get it. It loads it from the TOP instead of loading it from the SIDE like CS's. I like this. :)
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#6 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:01 PM

Ok I finally get it. It loads it from the TOP instead of loading it from the SIDE like CS's. I like this. :)

Well here's the empty version of my clip
Posted Image

and the slugy's empty clip
Posted Image
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#7 dred

dred

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

Ok well i messed up my mav but my friend just did the full barrel and it works fine so i don't understand why you would go through all this trouble.
Primary. modded longshot no clip
Secondary. modded nite finer

#8 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:19 PM

Ok well i messed up my mav but my friend just did the full barrel and it works fine so i don't understand why you would go through all this trouble.

"Full barrel"? You mean singled? The main reason for this mod is to keep the high RoF of the Maverick while providing a great way to reload.

I also suggest looking over the Code of Conduct. Look at the top of the page below the NerfHaven logo and check it out. If you don't follow those you will be flamed and if you continue banned... one of the rules is to capitalize and punctuate.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users