This mod will ruin a magstrike. If you like your magstrike’s capability to fling lots of foam very fast, then this mod is not for you. If you are willing to do this to be able to single the magstrike, then read further.
This mod originated when I accidentally broke the plunger tube of the Magstrike and tried to repair it with duct tape -
However, I could not get it to work. Before I thought of junking it, I noticed the perfectly good bladder and a plan began to form in my mind.
• AT2k Chamber
• Superglue / Gorilla Glue
• ¾ x 25 Polyethylene Tubing
• Plumbers Glue
• At least 3 feet of ½” PVC Pipe (5feet recommended in case of screw ups)
• One ½” PVC Elbow, Tee (Three way connector), coupler, and 45° angle Connector
• One foot of either string, copper wire, or other strong wire (twine would not be good because it will wear down)
• Duct tape
Obviously, you need to open the gun up. There is a small piece of plastic glued at the base of the pump, cut it or spend half an hour trying to pry it off (what I did).
Now first, as FA_24 pointed out, the stock valve is a stinky piece of poop. Soooo, you can cut out the entire top half of the system. Yes you heard me right. Cut the tubing, piston, valve, all the way to the bladder, including the tubing connecting the pump to the bladder. Don’t throw it away, it slides in nicely into the larger tubing for connections.
Find a drill size that matches the width of the tubing, and drill about half an inch into the back of the pump. Unscrew the plastic piece that holds the bladder in place, once you have the bladder, yank off yet another plastic piece that protrudes inside. There should be two holes on the piece, drill them all the way through.
Cut one and a half inches of tubing and glue the ends to the pump and one hole in the bladder.
Now for the AT2k tank. Cut off the annoying little orange goo gauge. It leaked twice then the rubber washer in the middle blew up.
Next, get about a foot of the tubing and connect one end to the bladder and the other to the 2k chamber. Because the “ledge” where the input for the chamber is somewhat small, I put a twist tie around it to seal it even more so. It should look like this…
For the coupler, add 5-6 layers of duct tape around the coupler to make it the width of the chamber. Then superglue the coupler to the chamber, then duct tape both the coupler and chamber with 3-4 layers of the good stuff.
In order to rig up the trigger system, tie the wire material around the firing pin and tie it on a keyring. Don’t worry about that until the secondary grip is in place.
Now for the stock and the new grip. Cut the length of pipe for the stock that suits you the best, I have it as about a foot and a half. Same goes for the grip, however long you want it. You need to have the PVC Tee wrapped in duct tape only about once or twice to fit in the very back of the gun.
Now that the PVC stock is done, cut three holes – one in the back of the stock handle, and two under the bottom of the top part of the gun. Be sure to cut the little pieces of plastic sticking out in the top shell where the chamber and the PVC stock are, they do not allow the shell to close completely.
Place the 2k chamber where the old MS plunger tube released, it fits perfectly with the duct tape put on earlier. It should look like this when done.
Ranges (30 pumps):
Didn’t even bother to check angled ranges as they are so insanely far that they span from one of my neighbor’s yard, across mine, to past my next neighbor’s yard.
I am most likely sure that many people will call my ranges fake, stupid, BS, whatever. They are real. Originally I used the stock tubing, but it was too small and only allowed short bursts of air. In addition, it was very leaky. I decided to screw it and get some new stuff. The tubing I used was wider, and because I widened all the places where it was used, I effectively allowed all the air to be released at once, giving you the titanish ranges you see. And best of all… NO LEAKS!!!
If you know of anyone that has done this same exact thing before, then they have truly done it first and I could not find it. Although Arachnophobia II was singled, it still used the stock valve to pressurize the tank, which in turn was fired. In this mod, the tank and bladder release all the air at the same time, so not exactly like it.
I don’t see why everyone likes to put the final pictures at the top, and especially because I worked on it so hard, I would like them to see the design I had to think up and make work. So now… finally… NIC, I present to you...
I really can’t do fancy paintjobs, and because just plain silver looked so nice on it, I decided to keep it just silver.
Hope you enjoyed this modification write up!
Edited by iMod1, 13 December 2008 - 04:07 PM.