Photo

Big Blast With Integrated Recon Laser Light

11 replies to this topic

#1 fuzz080

fuzz080

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Hey guys! So finally I have something to post on NH. I know it's not a huge extensive mod or anything, but I think it's pretty cool. Basically what I did was take the innards from the recon tactical light and fit them inside of the big blast shell; this is the result:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the trigger:
Posted Image

Then finally some internal pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I achieved this by using a wood engraving kit to melt through the plastic to allow space for the front end of the light to stick out. I then hot glue everything in and voila!

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions or comments please feel free to post.

Cheers,
Fuzz
I've all ready heard the story about copper is the stuff that comes from in bettween your grandpas legs but other than that i really don't know.

#2 nerfkid3

nerfkid3

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

I love how clean it looks at first i thought you did a before picture. :)
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#3 orogomi ninja

orogomi ninja

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:54 PM

Welcome to the Haven!

Not bad for a first mod. I would place a better bulb and batteries in also. The ranges of a BB are way further than that little light will shine.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 23 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Thats the way I do it. Use a rag with some light fast rubbing.

Sometimes I hate my uncontrollable imagination....

#4 fuzz080

fuzz080

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! And yes, I should replace the bulb, but my skills in wiring and electronic are pretty low, so I don't think I'd be able to pull that off. :P Anyways thanks again for the suggestion.

Cheers,
Fuzz
I've all ready heard the story about copper is the stuff that comes from in bettween your grandpas legs but other than that i really don't know.

#5 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:08 AM

First off I'm not directly saying this at you fuzz080. But does this really even deserve it's own thread? All you did was take out a recon's light and glue it inside of another gun. I think that it would be good to post this in the modification/paintjob pictures thread. Allot of people have been posting their newly modded guns on it's own thread. All that this seems to be doing is clutter the forms. So please just post your guns in the modification/paintjob pictures thread instead of making a topic for every gun you mod.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#6 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:00 AM

First off I'm not directly saying this at you fuzz080. But does this really even deserve it's own thread? All you did was take out a recon's light and glue it inside of another gun. I think that it would be good to post this in the modification/paintjob pictures thread. Allot of people have been posting their newly modded guns on it's own thread. All that this seems to be doing is clutter the forms. So please just post your guns in the modification/paintjob pictures thread instead of making a topic for every gun you mod.

Flame: hierarchy this is a mod that has never been done before. He has a total right to make a writeup and contribute to the nerfing world. Yes, not everyone will find this mod effective and quite possibly, worth the effort but it still is a mod. So shut up!

On Topic: This is a neat mod, if you were to replace or strengthen the light like fuzz already said it would be very nice to have in a indoor war, in the dark, that allows BBBBs.

#7 fuzz080

fuzz080

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

Sorry about that hierarchy, but I think that this qualifies for it's own thread.

fuzz

#8 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

Tornado13, hierarchy does have a point, this belongs in the mods/PJ thread. This thread isn't really a write up, It doesn't show a process, It just shows a couple of finished pictures and an internal pic.

fuzz080, welcome to the 'Haven, and I think your going to fit in well here.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#9 fuzz080

fuzz080

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

Alright then, do you think I should get an admin to lock the thread?

#10 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:37 PM

Flame: hierarchy this is a mod that has never been done before. He has a total right to make a writeup and contribute to the nerfing world. Yes, not everyone will find this mod effective and quite possibly, worth the effort but it still is a mod. So shut up!

On Topic: This is a neat mod, if you were to replace or strengthen the light like fuzz already said it would be very nice to have in a indoor war, in the dark, that allows BBBBs.

No, you shut up, please, and let me explain.

First off, I find it slightly perturbing that I only recognize about 10% of the people here that still post on the Haven. I stopped Nerfing like a few months back, and already people are having more posts than me, seems like we have a ton of postwhores.

Tornado, this doesn't actually do anything to add to the functionality to the gun, and if you're all about indoor in-the-dark wars I'd doubt any parent would want a BBBB firing projectiles all over the place. It absolutely pointless in my opinion, and therefore shouldn't have a thread in the first place. But since it is "new, something nobody's done before..." whatever the hell everyone says. First, I can guarantee someone has done this before, and have you actually looked around the forums to see if anyone has? this forum has been around for years before you came. Maybe you did, and if so I'm sorry, but I doubt you've looked through the countless pages of mods here at the Haven.

I'm not trying to flame anyone in particular here, and that's just fine if you like "integrating" pointless (imo) lights on guns which will dent walls, but I just thought everyone should be aware.

-ofAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#11 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

try intergrading an airsoft laser into it.They arnt too expensive for a low quality one, and if you have a friend who is good with wiring, you could actually use it for somthing good.But overall, very nice and clean mod, but not too helpful.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#12 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

fuzz080, welcome to the 'Haven, and I think your going to fit in well here.

I agree, I find this an interesting mod and until I saw the second picture I didn't know what the orange piece was. Yes, this could've gone in the mods/pj thread but it can also have it's own thread. Anyway nice job.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users