The E-tape 5k

(nerf nitefinder) Check it out!

42 replies to this topic

#26 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Where does the 5k come into play? Is it just to sound cool?

Second. Seriously, the name should reflect the product.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#27 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

Did he really just.... wrap a gun in e-tape and call it cosmetic work?

I mean, cosmetic work for me involves a sheet of plexiglass, or basswood, a cutting bit on my dremel, and a sanding drum... When was e-tape an acceptable substitute?

Please tell me you are just lazy and not serious?

Its ok guys. I use to wrap parts of my gun in e-tape before I realized it sucks.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#28 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

That reminds me of the time me,nerfonfier,FERD, and KevinFunny had a sleepover. Fier fell asleep at like 11:30, and me and ferd were playing halo. So, ferd gets this great idea to take Fiers nightfinder ( he just painted it, and was happy with it) and use a roll and a half on e-tape on the thing. Lets just say that the next morning was a "sticky situation", but it was all resolved with ferd getting shot in the face while he was sleeping.

EDIT:Why Vacc, im just trying to have some fun. Theres no rule in the CoC for that, did i really deserve that.

Edited by BustaDartInYOurAss, 24 November 2008 - 06:07 PM.

#29 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

Lets just say that the next morning was a "sticky situation", but it was all resolved with ferd getting shot in the face while he was sleeping.

I don't have a haz-mat suit thick enough to get within 30 feet of your explicit confession. And your name........you're the gayest nerfer ever. No more stories. I'm serious.

#30 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:05 PM

That won't work in a nerf war :
1. In summer the E-Tape will get messy like Tailo's X-Bow and people will be saying "That's what she said" (Which by the way is pretty funny).
2. Won't be functional.
3. Will be criticized by many people at many wars.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#31 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:08 PM

Did he really just.... wrap a gun in e-tape and call it cosmetic work?

I mean, cosmetic work for me involves a sheet of plexiglass, or basswood, a cutting bit on my dremel, and a sanding drum... When was e-tape an acceptable substitute?

Please tell me you are just lazy and not serious?

Its ok guys. I use to wrap parts of my gun in e-tape before I realized it sucks.

Yes I did but the cosmetic work was in the minimization.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

#32 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

When you said e-tape 5k, I thought you somehow stuck a sm5k into a roll of e-tape. But what do I know? Nice job! I personally like it. I've seen better, but this is good. A good first mod. Nice job. Keep up the good work. I remember when I thought it was cool to cover my maverick in e-tape. I made a camo out of it by scratching parts of the e-tape of with a key. ;)
And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#33 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

If he likes the e-tape look, who are you to tell him not to do it? Also, it's affect, not effect, and Plexiglas is acrylic sheet. This should have been put in the mod/pj thread, but that doesn't give you the right to tell him how to do his mods.

I didn't read this post until now. I was not "telling" him how to do mods, I was giving my opinion. And I said "could" not should.Now can we just let this topic die. Actually tell us where the 5k comes from then let it die.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 25 November 2008 - 04:37 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#34 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

If he likes the e-tape look, who are you to tell him not to do it? Also, it's affect, not effect, and Plexiglas is acrylic sheet. This should have been put in the mod/pj thread, but that doesn't give you the right to tell him how to do his mods.

I didn't read this post until now. I was not "telling" him how to do mods, I was giving my opinion. And I said "could" not should.Now can we just let this topic die. Actually tell us where the 5k comes from then let it die.

Yea the 5K comes from me thinking it's cool. I just like the way it sounds. And I only know new gum abreviations. If there is a thread that shows all the abbreviations for guns can someone please point me to it?
So the 5K is because I think it sounded cool. It also looks pretty realistic.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#35 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:43 PM

Yea the 5K comes from me thinking it's cool. I just like the way it sounds. And I only know new gum abreviations. If there is a thread that shows all the abbreviations for guns can someone please point me to it?
So the 5K is because I think it sounded cool. It also looks pretty realistic.

There are so many things wrong in what you just said.

1. Get over it. you wrapped a NF in E-tape.
2. A thread JUST WAS PUT UP about all abbriviations of all nerf and related guns. We're not gonna spoon feed you. I'm sure if you bothered to search, it would be the first thing to pop up.
3. the point of a nerf gun is not to look realistic, that's how kids get shot by cops. If you ever plan on using that in a war, you may be asked to not use it, or leave, or maybe even shot. The E-tape will also fuck up your gun, so It's not very practical in use of a war.

You're free to oggle your gun as much as you want, just don't be surprised when no one else does.

I would advise anyone reading to please just let the thread die.

Edited by Wes7143, 25 November 2008 - 07:45 PM.

QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#36 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:29 PM

I can attest to etape on guns sucking. Take my xbow for example:

Posted Image

I thought it was pretty cool too. Wrong. Local war, hot sun, melted the etape and the thing was a complete mess and it took me a good two weeks and two bottles of goof off to get all the crap off. Trust me, not worth it.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#37 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

It also looks pretty realistic.

Pretty realistic? I don't think so. What gun were you aiming for? The luger? The P99? The 9 mil.? I think its time for a /thread and let this thread die to prevent more flaming. So if you are reading this, don't post anymore and let it die.
P.S. I'd take the etape off before it melts.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#38 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

Pretty realistic? I don't think so. What gun were you aiming for? The luger? The P99? The 9 mil.?

There's a lot of guns that fire 9x19 Parabellum, and none look like this.

I personally think it's useless, but that's my opinion. You're entitled to your own, and you have expressed it. I respect that.

Funny, a good chunk of the people on my shitlist posted here.

Edited by deaddumpster, 25 November 2008 - 09:21 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#39 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:23 AM

1) For note, any problem with sticky situations would likely be solved best with CQC Contact Cleaner or any other type of contact cleaner, it is what electricians use to clean plugs, outlets and all kinds of other contacts, and I can attest to its performance. It works much better than Goof Off, and I'm sure Goo Gone as well (their formulations are likely not that different) because it acts quickly, you need very little, it leaves absolutely no residue on plastic and it doesn't rub paint off.

2) Use the Mods/Paintjobs topic next time unless it is a writeup, a video, or something extravagant (i.e.: Not an averagely-modded NF wrapped in e-tape.).
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#40 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:30 AM

All the people who said i leterally asked for flames: You're right; I want to know all the feedback I can get to make my next threads am improvement.

Blasphemy: Understood, I'm still sort of new here and I'm still learning the jist of things.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#41 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

I'm sure we are all happy that you are trying to contribute, and I applaud you for doing so.

However, unless your modification has something significantly new that effects it's performance, it belongs in This Thread.

Edited by Foamfoot, 26 November 2008 - 12:45 AM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#42 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:27 AM

Naj, usually when people dig themselves in a pit they stop posting and let the thread die.

You're doing the exact opposite.

#43 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

Naj, usually when people dig themselves in a pit they stop posting and let the thread die.

You're doing the exact opposite.

Accord, all my friends know that's just who I am.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users