What Inspired You To Nerf...

77 replies to this topic

#76 mbisc8

mbisc8

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • State:California

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

My reason to NERF was that my dad wouldn't let me have a BB gun when I was 6 so he got me an NF instead. Then 4 years later, I got a Recon. After about a year it only got 10ft. instead of the usual 20. So I decided to mod it. That's when I found NERFHaven.
I like things.

#77 BoneRiot

BoneRiot

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

When i was younger my best friend and i had pretty large amounts of time with nothing to do in the city that wasn't.....we'll just say "bad". I remember the two of us spent our lawn cutting money to buy our first guns, a warthog and a ratchet blast. I spent years playing CTF and kill games with him and other kids in our neighborhood.
Now in college i decided to find my friends locally, and start it back up. We went out, bought new gen guns and started reliving those childhood dreams. Before long i got intrigued about the internals of my Recon and started looking for someone else who had a good take on it. Thus I found the NIC.
I was inspired to nerf by shear fun and childish pleasure, but now nerfing is what helps keep my old friends and I in contact, nerf keeps me attached to my neighborhood roots as i "grow up".

Edit: yeah i know i'm jumpin on a necro bandwagon, but seeing the thread got me interested in it and what's worse, a necro or a thread copy?

Edited by BoneRiot, 01 May 2009 - 08:14 AM.

They call me Afro Thunder
QUOTE(CaptainSlug)

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for 9,999 days.

#78 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

When a nerfer necro's a topic, it's not an open invitation for everyone else to open it back up. I understand that you don't always look at the dates more than a post or two up, but when the post above yours is discussing the fact that this is a necro....it's a pretty decent hint that you should not be posting here.

Pokemaster, listen. If a topic is a month old, or older, posting in it without something useful is not permitted. And since nothing in this topic could ever be considered useful, your post falls into this category. The Code of Conduct is your friend. Use it or risk suspension.

Thanks,

VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users