Photo

Sporkboyofjustice Vs. The Little Kid

8 replies to this topic

#1 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 09:45 PM

If you do not like mean stories about little kids then please do not read this post:)

SporkboyofJustice vs. The Little Kid

It was twilight and impending rain loomed over central Oregon totally oblivious to the events that were about to occur…

Approaching a favorite thrift store I opened the door as a courteous gesture to an elderly woman and some snot nosed little brat snuck in without making eye contact with me or thanking me for keeping the door open for him. I’m a reasonable guy but that was just plain rude. Some how sensing that he was going for the toy section I chose an alternate path from him to the same location. Due to the fact that I have longer legs I arrived seconds before he and found my first prize, a Vortex Firestorm.

The child looked on as I browsed quickly for other guns, I found a mad hornet and stick it under my arm (I later abandon this because it was non functional) and keep going. The boy picks up a large gun that I had never seen (turns out to be a laser tag gun) and takes off to the next aisle. I look to the top shelves to find no board games of interest and the snot nosed brat returns. I ask him if he’s also looking for Nerf guns and he says he is. Looking at the other side of my aisle I see a SM3000, test it and I hang on to that as well.

Upon arriving at the aisle on that the kid was at he proclaims that there are a couple of Nerf guns here as well. First he shows me a secret shot 1 and explains how it’s broken and won’t work because it’s missing its barrel. He hands it over of his own free will a fully functional SS1 I explain that I think that it can be fixed so I hang on to it (that was for not thanking me earlier).

Next he hands me a gun that I have never seen that has two barrels with a green sliding barrel selector on the bottom of the gun. It works OK and he says he doesn’t want it so I keep that one too. He later asks me if I’m going to keep the big orange one and of course I say yes. It turns out he doesn’t mod guns and he only wanted a mean looking rifle.

Anyway the moral of the story is that you should thank people when they hold the door open for you. I never flat out lied to him and would have been felt stupid to correct him as he was the self-proclaimed expert of all guns because he had a bb gun at home. In the end my most powerful weapon was my opponents staggering intellect.

Can anyone help me identify the mystery gun, I’d look it up on NC but that’s down. I think it’s a switch fire or something like that, any help?

#2 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 09:48 PM

Sharpshooter II, man. Sharpshooter II.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#3 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 09:50 PM

That's the original Sharp Shooter 2. My friend has both of the original Sharp Shooters (1 and 2) and they are great classic guns. How's it working for you? Check out Cxwq's SS II modification, it's for the new one, but it should work on the old style aswell.

Good Luck.

EDIT: Ragornocks posted as I was typing... sorry.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 15 January 2004 - 09:51 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:03 PM

Wrath: New version SSII? I didn't realize there was more than one.

Spork: If you imagine your gun without the sliding barrel selector and it looks like this then you're the proud owner of the finest spring pistol to ever wear a Nerf sticker.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:42 PM

Thanks guys, it's the exact gun on cxwq's mod, only my barrel selector works. I was wondering what all this talk about sharp shooters was. I guess I was getting confused between Secret Shots and Sharp Shooters.

As far as it working the megas that I have go about 10 ft out of the bottom barrel and about 15 ft out of the top. These are however crappy fake megas that came with my first shot so real ones would do better. I'm not too keen on the grip but nothing is the same since I held the NF. No comments about the little kid? I thought it was pretty funny.

#6 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 10:49 PM

I'm just jealous that you can find that many Nerf guns at a thrift store. I'm usually shit out of luck.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#7 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:02 PM

Fear not my friend, I have compiled my years of thrift store experience into one tell all article that has content never before seen by anyone, even me (I typed it blindfolded). CXWQ has agreed to post said article in a couple of days as it pleased him. I must admit that I don't find guns every trip I make but I try not to remember those days and just look forward to my next big score. It's a lot of striking out before you find something good. Just today some kid missed a FireStorm by 20 seconds and that very well could have (and has been) me.

It sucks to see someone walking out with something that you really wanted but if you stay somewhat consistent about it then you'll be that lucky bastard some day soon.

#8 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:45 AM

Wrath: New version SSII? I didn't realize there was more than one.

Yeah, I'm really sorry, I just thought that because my friend's was a different colour than yours, that there must be two versions. I'm wrong about that, but at least I know my guns pretty well.

Cx, did you give your gun a paint job or something? Maybe it's just that the barrel tips are gone, and the barrel selector, and the part on top of the gun, that makes it look so different.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#9 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 10:38 AM

I can answer that one. The barrels are gone and he did remove the non working barrel selector. The color however is the same as the gun that I have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users