Photo

Which Fbr Is Best For Cpvc? Where To Get?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Exal

Exal

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

Which FBR is best for Cpvc? I've seen grey, black, and red. I currently have grey FBR, and it is a snug fit. It might be a little to tight, but I'm not sure. I want your opinion on this.

Also, I found grey FBR at my local HomeDepot.
Where can i find black or red FBR?

For those people who love saying "SEARCH YOU LITTLE ****," I did search. Thank you.
QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Jun 21 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post

All he's got to do is roll it around in his fingers to start it getting hard and put in in the hole.

#2 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

I got some nice quality foam from Menards that works fairly decent with CPVC. Its Dennis brand.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#3 Exal

Exal

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

By the way, I meant FBR that isn't on paypal or ebay. Local stores, or even nerf wars (no that was not on purpose) would do nicely.

All he's got to do is roll it around in his fingers to start it getting hard and put in in the hole.

#4 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

No clue where you are, but I have some red I could sell you at a war. About 45 feet from Wldworld. Regarded as the best red stuff out there, and Wldworld himself is all sold out. It's pretty hard to find red or white offline, and probably black as well. I've heard of people finding an actual supplier, then buying entire spools, but not much other than that, and never in red or white.
Teehee.

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:34 AM

The thing about FBR is that it changes batch to batch. Hell, I ordered two bags of Dennis foam from Mcmaster a while back. One had an air gun fir in CPVC, the other a springer. But you can assume certain things about certain brands, like how generally loghomestore white FBR is extremely thick. Online distributors tend to have more diameter consistency than store-bought foam does.

#6 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:04 AM

Home Depot grey foam, well the last time I saw it is usually "frost king" brand FBR, which sucks, most people here say, "don't buy it." For CPVC, the darts that fit best for me are either:
1.) Ace foam, 1/2'' (duh) and once heated, they fit perfectly
2.) Lowes foam, 1/2'' (duh) I don't know how people do this, here's how I do it:

Take your lowes foam, cut it into blanks, heat it, then stick it into the cpvc for about 3+ hours, it'll fit
perfectly once you make darts...better yet, make the darts then stick it into the cpvc...

Try this link (Tantumbull's post, it's near the bottom) for all the foam you need.

There are actually 4 colors,that I know of black, grey, red and white. Grey is obviously the most common, I use it, the only problem I see is that since alot of people use grey foam, you should try to make it so that if you attend a war, you have some sort of an ID for your darts. Personally, I sprinkle red glitter over mine (or dip it in red), makes a nice red coating.

You can only buy Red, Black or white foam online (via paypal/ebay etc.) Grey foam is the only (to my knowledge) foam that you can actually buy locally (as in Home Depot/ACE/Lowe's).

Well good luck with your stefans.
There's an entire topic about it here.

EDIT:
When I originally posted this, my internet messed up and I had to re type it, so I forgot that part...
Anything edit'd is in bigger font.

To Just some bob, you just had to take that picture right where my post is, I'm guessing that was on purpose...well I deserved it.

Edited by Watari, 02 November 2008 - 10:19 PM.

#7 Exal

Exal

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:13 AM

All right, cool thanks.

#8 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

Cpvc has different internal diameters based on batch and producer. I once got some that fits my foam PERFECTLY, then a week later from the same store that was hella tight. If you want fbr to fit in it, put it in and leave it there for a couple days.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#9 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

I agree with Splitlip. I have a little bit of red and it fits it great. I would highly suggest it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users