Night Finder 3 In 1

3 nf in one ultimate nerf gun

80 replies to this topic

#51 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

Did we ever get an answer for the I.D. of that PETG plunger tube?

I know someone said [i think it was 3/4"].

Thats what I said, and I believe that that is right. Just look online for the exact dimensions.

#52 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

I've seen similar concepts before but this is by far the prettiest and probably the most powerful I've seen yet. Awesome mod, definitely going to try this one out.

#53 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:41 PM

KBarker said to get polycarbonate tubing from McMaster. It's the 1" inside diameter.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#54 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

I believe that this might be an alternative for a plusbow or a crossbow. With a stock and the cocking handle turned sideways (with some cutting invloved) tthis is almost like a plusbow. Pretty cheap but a bit more work for the average person. I'm interested in this stock you're making so I can see what the final product might be. I'm considering making one similiar to yours

#55 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:28 AM

I made a plunger rod out of Derlin for my NF rifle. It is sold cheap by McMasterCarr , is very easy to machine and is VERY durable.

I made a plunger rod out of Derlin for my NF rifle. It is sold cheap by McMasterCarr , is very easy to machine and is VERY durable. Looks good so far. What is the dimensions or more preferably the McMaster Part # of the Plunger Tube? Also I would like to know the length , width and height of the plunger rod. I think I will make one. I might just use two NF shells though and have the last part on its own.
Good Work.

Edited by jackster57, 19 October 2008 - 07:34 AM.

#56 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

the 2k tank fits with just a little dremeling to the inside of the shell. I dont have a pic of what I dremeled but its all internal.

Posted Image

#57 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

congratulations, you now have a DEagle.

Paint it, already!
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#58 KevinFunny

KevinFunny

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

I would think you are correct about the 2K airtank not fitting in the shell correctly, but why not just buy a new nitefinder and practice on that. I mean the things are $5.00, and that's not really too bad. It's better than risking your masterpiece breaking.

#59 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

I got it to fit. I had to grind out a little on the inside and a bit on the tank.

Posted Image

Ummm... About the stock; I need a new blade for my scroll saw. Ill get one as soon as possible. I can’t make one until then.

More updates tomorrow.

Edited by Dart Attack, 20 October 2008 - 06:52 PM.

#60 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:49 AM

I got it to fit. I had to grind out a little on the inside and a bit on the tank.

Posted Image

Ummm... About the sock; I need a new blade for my scroll saw. Ill get one as soon as possible. I can’t make one until then.

More updates tomorrow.

Wow. Thats pretty damn impressive. This has to be one of the cleanest mods I have ever seen with this much functionality. I hope the ranges are spectacular!

I am assuming you plan on rigging one of the two other triggers to the firing pin?
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#61 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

Sweet, now wheres the pump go? Top rail?
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#62 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

I am assuming you plan on rigging one of the two other triggers to the firing pin?

The Airtech will be fired with the front trigger.

Sweet, now wheres the pump go? Top rail?

I’m still debating. It will definitely not be on the top rail. I’m thinking either along the bottom like what jerm78 showed on the previous page, or along the bottom of the handle.

Anyways, more updates like I promised.

I replaced the coupler with something a little more sturdy.

Posted Image

I screwed that into the side to relieve some stress.

Posted Image

It's on both sides.

Posted Image

#63 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

If you're looking for some input, I would mount it alongside the bottom of the gun - it'll be much more practical there. Looking amazing so far, keep it up. I know I'm not the only one who wants to see this thing finished.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#64 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

I have to admit that this is very effective and interesting, I like the take on KBarker's NightFinder rifle. Good work.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#65 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

You should think about incorporating one of THESE. Then paint it really coolly :D

#66 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

If I were you, I would make the tubing long, and dremel out the handle, where the batteries used to go, and goop the pump in there. Then you could pump it SS2 style.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#67 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

You should think about incorporating one of THESE. Then paint it really coolly :lol:

That would get in the way of the integrated AT2K, unless he mounted it sideways or upside-down.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#68 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

I have to agree with Groove here, put it under the blaster like what jerm78 did. It would be much more ergonomically sensible, and you can keep your blaster pointed at your enemy well while you pump it, plus there is more room under there.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#69 Lampoon

Lampoon

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

Wow...awesome job man!
Death by Snu-Snu? Oh Yeah!!!!!

#70 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:40 PM

Groove is right the pump should go on the bottom. He would know about practicality because of many years of experience it also is somewhat common sense to very few that are creative which is why I'm wondering why you didn't think of it before.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#71 ORANGE 714

ORANGE 714

• Banned
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

add a bar up front then add stretch rope like the BBB type of string then attach to the arming handle to them then i think it will look like a NF CB nitefinder cross bow
FIRE IS FUN
COMING FROM A PYRO

#72 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

add a bar up front then add stretch rope like the BBB type of string then attach to the arming handle to them then i think it will look like a NF CB nitefinder cross bow

Clean up your posts or you'll quickly be heading to the exit. Thanks,

-The Management

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#73 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

I know that he's already been banned, I'm just curious as to what the nub's idea was: Can anyone decipher his post?

#74 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

He wants to add bow arms to this trip nf, as to make it a Nitefinder Crossbow. I don't think he's actually banned yet though. Soon I'm sure.
Teehee.

#75 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:57 PM

He wants to add bow arms to this trip nf, as to make it a Nitefinder Crossbow. I don't think he's actually banned yet though. Soon I'm sure.

Thanks split. Oh and OMC did ban him.
http://nerfhaven.com...=0

Edited by TantumBull, 02 November 2008 - 10:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users