Buzz Bee Big Blast Modification

31 replies to this topic

#26 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:08 AM

Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier.

As the topic creator, I'm getting annoyed with the backseat moderation in my topics. The kid had something significant, and I gotta admit, something damn cool to add to what I posted to the directory. I must commend you for your improvement on my mod, bassguitar. Improve your grammar, use word spellcheck, yadda yadda yadda.

It's also good to know now that plugging the pump apparently results in a dramatic range increase, as evidenced by his video. My pump was not plugged when I built mine. His was, so you can indeed add quite a few barrels on top of the recommended seven, as long as you are careful about minimizing dead space, and as long as you reinforce that trigger. A lot of BBBB shotgun mods have big expanses of air between the tank seal and the darts themselves.

Edited by BendyStraw, 04 December 2008 - 03:10 AM.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#27 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:30 AM

I have to echo Bendy's sentiment here. The spirit of the rule forbidding positng in a long dead topic is not being violated here. If the poster has something new and productive to add, that is perfectly fine. If the Original Poster than comes back and says that he is no longer interested in the topic, it is up to the administration to either close the topic or let it move on with the additional information (we usually side with the former).

What we don't want to see is redundant or useless comments, questions that could easily be asked over private message, or any other post that does not merrit or require further community discussion. Also, if it's stupid.....just think of me as an ocelot, your comment as a bubbling hot tub, and tell yourself, "He hates it! He's crazy!"

VACC

~This thread may now resume~

#28 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Nicely done. I've been thinking about doing this myself.

Did you use the threaded coupler because it will stay on? Personally, I would use one that wasn't for ease of reloading. But that's just a variation that I'm playing with in my head.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#29 bamblack2000

bamblack2000

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:22 PM

Yea but if you plugged the pump wouldn't it b automatically banned in most wars (at least east coast).

#30 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

Yea but if you plugged the pump wouldn't it b automatically banned in most wars (at least east coast).

Only if it's singled and plugged.

#31 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

Nicely done. I've been thinking about doing this myself.

Did you use the threaded coupler because it will stay on? Personally, I would use one that wasn't for ease of reloading. But that's just a variation that I'm playing with in my head.

I chose a threaded coupler because I was concerned that it wouldn't stay on. Originally, I used this with a titan. My fears were unfounded, but there was no going back once I made the shells. So if you want to use slip fittings instead of threaded ones, you shouldn't have much of an issue.

Yeah, I left my pump unplugged because I wanted to single it for use in wars. It fires a stock dart out of a very short barrel, and gets slightly better than AT2k ranges. I Nerf indoors anyway, so I don't care. I didn't bother dedicating much time to talking about singling it. Plenty of people have done that already, with great results.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#32 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

I think this mod is better than the titan mod by far because the gun is much smaller. The gun is easier to pump. And you can get this gun for 5 bucks at a store called 5 below.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users