Tracer Dart

possibly glow-in-the-dark dart

57 replies to this topic

#51 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 03:10 AM

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but you can get glow in the dark hot glue from HotStik for $5.75 per pound. It's at the very bottom. 'Nuff said.

Edited by MattPaintballer, 01 January 2005 - 03:11 AM.

"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#52 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:44 PM

Damn, matt beat me to it, but that's a very good price!
Really, how many sticks of glue does it take to make 100 darts?

…The world may never know...

Actually, I've never counted so I don’t know.
I’m not sure, but if think that the 6$ glue beats the airsoft weights, because the price per dart is better. With the .2 weights, you get 600 darts out of a 15$ bag. I think that you could make more than 600 darts with 15$ of that glue.
Also, it might be useful to use a mini glue gun and the mini glue sticks, just to make it less likely that a dart ends up being a waste of glue.

hmmmm, time to order glue...
-Jlego
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#53 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:59 PM

I nerf in an abandoned paintball park. There is a LOT of dry brush that has over grown the place is some spathes of ground, so darts are often VERY hard to find after rounds. We usually come home with about 1/8 (or less) the number of darts we came with. Granted, we stop at dusk, when its next to impossible to see the dark grey stefans... We go back later and find a good 1/2 or so of them.'

Anyway, I make all my darts (my own personal standard stefans) with glow-in-the-dark hot glue now. It makes it much easier to find the darts. At the end of each day, we walk around the whole field, in a line, and sweep the whole place, looking for glowing green. It works great. Now, we come home with a good 2/3 to 3/4 of the darts we left with.

Edited by Falcon, 01 January 2005 - 12:59 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#54 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:46 PM

Guys this topic is over a year old.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#55 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:57 PM

Guys this topic is over a year old.

I was going to say..

I mean, can't you people even glance at the post date just once in a while? This topic was made January 2004... it's a year old, as mentioned, and has alreayd been debated.

The only good thing that came out of this was a little bit more information pretaining to the subject... but the information has already been shared through other topics and such.

What gets me the most is the post that started the topic again:

La la la

And that no one took much notice. I mean come on, "La la la" and the topic is being posted in like it was started last Wednesday. Did no one notice how stupid that post was? I hope Cx saw it atleast, because Faine needs to take a look at the CoC, I would say.

Sorry Ompa, if I'm trasping on your territory.

Edited by Black Wrath, 01 January 2005 - 06:58 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#56 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:17 PM

I'm sorry, but I rarely care to look at post dates more than two or so posts before mine. By that time, the topic really has been re-opened, and I see it as free for input... Correct me if I'm wrong, Ompa/Cx.

Edited by Falcon, 01 January 2005 - 11:09 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#57 Tarius

Tarius

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:04 PM

I don't know if this has been posted before or not, but you can get glow in the dark hot glue from HotStik for $5.75 per pound. It's at the very bottom. 'Nuff said.

I'm going to use the this summer while I make ammo, but i wil start with normal hot glue first.
Who am I to let you win this War.

#58 WEASEL

WEASEL

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:51 PM

Sorry to bring back an old topic but how long does the glow in the dark glow last. I don't mean if you can see it like a foot away but a resonable amount of glow.

IDIT: I tryed to find a place that sells glow in the dark hot glue but I couldn't find any. Also the link for the site mentioned earlyer doesn't work. Does anyone know of a site that sell this stuff. Sorry, again, for bringing back a old thread.

Edited by WEASEL, 19 January 2005 - 11:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users