Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Because Bullshit Dragon couldn't.....

69 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

I have discussed this with a few people, but let me see what everyone else thinks.

Date: November 8th.
Time: 10-5
Address: Juniper Lane, St. Paul, MN.

Rules and reminders:
- Eye protection required, no exceptions.
- Gun restrictions will be decided on a case-by-case basis pending power (pain) and realistic appearance (police). If you aren't sure if it'll get banned, A) post it, B ) don't bring it, or C) bring a backup.
-No pump plugged big blasts. Singled titans might be allowed, if I know that people aren't going to get shot at close range with them
- We'll have a lunch break around 12 or 1; whenever people feel like it. Bring food or moolah for the close-by fast-food restaurants.
- Use common sense.
-Dress warm, it's going to be cold and snowy.

Attenders
-Venom +1
-BustaNinja
-NerfCrazy +1
-Zudikas
-Bullet Dragon +2
-Daniel Beaver +2?
-MercenaryXero
-Atomatron

Maybe
-Dr Rockzo
-Kanashimi

Edited by venom213, 08 November 2008 - 10:08 AM.

#2 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

Im game. I will probably have a second SNAP by then aswell. Also, Zudikas was interested in my building him one. Talk to him, see if he is serious, and stuff like that, and also, if he could draw up some stock designs on Paint (if he wants it) so then I can make one. I don't mind customizing SNAP's for people, but I would charge around 40-50 dollars each.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#3 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

I'm in of course, but when am I not.

#4 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

Aha. Back on schedule. I am gonna be selling SNAP rifles my commision only. If you want one, tell me then you are obligated to buy it. No acceptions.

I have several designs set up already, (one being war tested and performing great) and if you want something a bit more custom, I can see what I will do.

Edited by BustaNinja, 29 September 2008 - 06:07 PM.

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:39 AM

Oops.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 29 September 2008 - 12:43 AM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#6 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:39 AM

I vote...
Thanksgiving.

Because then, you know, I can come own you all.
...I suppose there wouldn't be many willing to travel (Carbon, Ryan), but it would be a nice holiday war.

Or you could have one on Halloween. And, you know, dress up. And it would be pretty cool actually... : o,
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#7 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:26 AM

Yeah, if it was Thanksgiving I might be able to attend as well, but I don't really care.

#8 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

Guys, keep in mind that it might SNOW by Thanksgiving.

I'm in for either day, and I'd like to place a formal apology for backing out on the original MNHNO. I'm just too busy to plan something like this, but I'll happily attend. Provided I don't make anymore screw-ups, I should be able to come, and Nick may be MUCH more willing to drive Kanashimi because that park is very close to Jen's home.

Anyway, either day works, but I will point out that powerful springers might be a bad idea because of the cooler temps, and I'm also gonna point out that we may have to call it because of weather (too low temps)

AND STOP CALLING ME BULLSHIT DRAGON!!!

Edited by Bullet Dragon, 29 September 2008 - 04:55 PM.

Gimme back my bullets....

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

Guys, keep in mind that it might SNOW by Thanksgiving.

I'm in for either day, and I'd like to place a formal apology for backing out on the original MNHNO. I'm just too busy to plan something like this, but I'll happily attend. Provided I don't make anymore screw-ups, I should be able to come, and Nick may be MUCH more willing to drive Kanashimi because that park is very close to Jen's home.

Anyway, either day works, but I will point out that powerful springers might be a bad idea because of the cooler temps, and I'm also gonna point out that we may have to call it because of weather (too low temps)

AND STOP CALLING ME BULLSHIT DRAGON!!!

Cool. Springers shouldn't be that bad. Just make sure to keep them lubbed up and warm. Just like... oh nevermind

I would like to Nerf with Kanashimi, so please bring him. Also, you get your nickname because of your LS. Its ok, I got nicknames for being a total badass, having awesome victory dances, and being able to hold off the vets, but everyone needs their thing.

#10 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

If we have a Thanksgiving war, it would not be this one. I think a couple weeks is enough time between wars to get ready, and as Jim said, it might be snowy, but I kind of doubt it. Also, I always go out of town for Thanksgiving, but that's just me, I'll see what the deal is when the date gets closer.

#11 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for stealing my pics. I won't be able to attend on those dates because I'm going deer hunting. :P
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#12 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

After thinking about it for a while, I have decided to move the location back to the usual one. Messiah's probably going to go, and he doesn't really have any way to travel very far. In addition, this war will probably be like MNNO as far as the size, and we seemed to have enough space there too. I am not final on this decision, what do you guys think?

#13 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:16 PM

The GV location would be kind of nice, the change of venue would be cool ^^

#14 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

I'm almost sure I can attend if it's at Highland, but I dunno about the other place.

#15 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

I'm almost sure I can attend if it's at Highland, but I dunno about the other place.

Yeah, I think it would be more convienent for everyone. And that place is a lot larger, so we should save it for a large summer war when it would be worth going up there because of all the people.

Also, I am leaning more towards November 8th for the date, I don't have anything I'll have to skip then, and we'll have more time to get ready.

#16 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:45 PM

I actually liked the second area we went too. Sure, its not quite tradition, but its not that bad. A few tables to put your stuff if you only come with a backpack and minimal tools. That means that YOU Venom have to cut down what you bring Mr. 3 Boxes (2 bags and a wheelbarrow)

Its a good wide open area, and it has some terrain and a bit more cover, and it was alot more fun to play in. Plus, you can see if from the street.

#17 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:11 AM

I thought it was NerfCrazy that hauled his whole bedroom along, but it might be both of them, lol. I have a fair amount of stuff, but I can go spartan if I have to, not a big deal. Quite honestly, I could probably just use my SNAP and a side arm the whole time instead of switching off.

#18 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:15 AM

When I say "Thanksgiving War," "snow" is the last excuse I expect to hear.

Have you all forgotten where we live?

The last war we had in the snow was actually pretty sweet, in my opinion at least. But this one is yours.
Out.
V

#19 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

I thought it was NerfCrazy that hauled his whole bedroom along, but it might be both of them, lol. I have a fair amount of stuff, but I can go spartan if I have to, not a big deal. Quite honestly, I could probably just use my SNAP and a side arm the whole time instead of switching off.

Well, he has a good way to carry his stuff. I just threw all this stuff in boxes the morning. You weren't there to see me excrusiatingly trying to carry it all across the park. I called Zudikas so he could send a decent amount of people to come help me, but only Gage came. I am hoping to acquire one or two large duffel bags before this war, or thin down my war arsenal to the best of the best.

#20 Dr Rockzo

Dr Rockzo

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

I might show up.

#21 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

g'day mates! just checking in from alabama. god it smells down here. anyway, I'll try my damnedest to make it.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#22 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:44 AM

Weeee, I'm finaly activated! :lol:

I can make it to a war almost any Saturday, but would lean towards November 8th (I may randomly decide to go to Madison, WI on Halloween). I could possibly bring two friends, but more likely than not only I will show up.

#23 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

Weeee, I'm finaly activated! :)

I can make it to a war almost any Saturday, but would lean towards November 8th (I may randomly decide to go to Madison, WI on Halloween). I could possibly bring two friends, but more likely than not only I will show up.

Thanks to me, for telling Talio to do it.

I am 99% set on the 8th. If you have any problems with the date speak them now.

#24 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

Just doing a bump here, as the end of October is nearing. Any status updates for anyone? Also, at this war be prepared to move all your stuff all over the park. There are a number of sub-locations that we will be playing at throughout the day, and if we get kicked off the park completely, we'll have to carry our shit somewhere else. This is mostly a reminder to myself, considering I'm the only one who has had issues with moving my stuff. My problem wasn't so much as I brought way too much, it was more that I didn't have a good system for carrying it all. I also expected to have at least one friend besides Zudikas there to help, but he bailed.

The sub-locations consist of the following:
-Ridiculous Valley (place where we played the ridiculous round)
-The Hornet's Nest (the stairs where we got stung by hornets)
-Highlander Tower (or "Tower" as it's commonly referred to)
-Death Forest/Vulgar Hill (the woods and the hill in the woods)
-Main Field (field where we start, meet in the Pagoda)

#25 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

OH, I SEE HOW IT IS! not even putting me on the attenders list! i got you...

just kidding, put me plus 3 with a question mark.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users