The Access Bow

Norther's NF/DS Crossbow ; Stock Pg.2 ; Enhancements Pg.3

38 replies to this topic

#1 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:47 PM

Obviously all inspiration for this goes to Dayko and the original mod. Here's my version.

Tools & Materials Needed:
Hacksaw
Sandpaper
Rounded File
Screwdrivers, etc. that you'd normally need.

1x Nitefinder shell
1x Diskshot shell
2x Nitefinder internals (Plunger tube & rod)
Plexiglass ( I used .80" 8x10)
1x 1/2" CPVC T-coupler
1x 1/2" CPVC coupler
1x Maverick cocking handle
1/2" CPVC

2x Maverick Springs
1x NF Spring
1x Firefly Spring

Plumber's Goop
2-ton Clear weld Epoxy
Hot glue + Hot Glue Gun

I've always loved the NF crossbow and how awesome it looks and performs, so when i considered making one, I thought i'd do it a little differently.

I had no second NF shell (its on Vicarious until further notice) but i had the internals of one, and a minimized Disk Shot shell. So i went out and bought a new NF, and then i sortof formed a mental picture to help guide me through the process.

First thing to work on were the internals. Did the 2 tubes together with plumber's goop and e-tape.

Then the rods needed to be put together. I cut one right where the handle was so that the little rivets are still visible when you're looking straight down it. Then i cut the second right before the catch again so rivets were visible, however these were vertically placed rather than horizontally like the first rod.

The first rod has a middle section separating the two rivets on the sides. I cut that away about 1 1/2" of it so its flush with the bottom of the rivets.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then on the second rod with the rivets perpendicular to the first's, I added two thin strips of plexiglass and slide them inside the rivets.
Posted Image

Make sure the cuts you made on the first rod fit the strips snugly.
Epoxy that sucker nicely. Let dry. Sand off any bumps.
Posted Image

Cut the rod inbetween the catch and where the plunger head is screwed on. I took plexiglass that was the same height of the rod and added about 1 1/2" - 2 1/2" between the catch and head to make room for more springs. Epoxied on and let dry, sanded off bumps.

Then put on the 2x Mav springs, the NF spring, and the firefly spring. The NF and Firefly springs should be interlaced.
Posted Image

Then take the 1/2" CPVC T-coupler along with a bit of 1/2" CPVC pipe (to fit into the center coupler) and slide the rod inside it, epoxy, let dry.

My plunger head popped off after a few shots, so i epoxied it on. By the way, add on the extra o-ring if you haven't already.

(( CONTINUED ON PAGE 3, SOMETHING MESSED UP WHEN EDITING THE SUBTITLE OF THE TOPIC ))

Edited by Norther_of_Heaven, 30 September 2008 - 11:38 PM.

"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:50 PM

Fucking props. Very cool looking. Could be a bit cleaner, but fuck people with pretty guns. Only thing - please look up the word rivet.
Teehee.

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

That spring is insane! Does that make it hard to prime, and could you use other springs like an LS or BBB?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

I have the hardest time using the words notch, rivet, slot, etc. Please forgive. <_<
I was going to fill the rest of the empty spaces with plexiglass and i will eventually paint this sucker red & black.

That spring is insane! Does that make it hard to prime, and could you use other springs like an LS or BBB?

Not at all, very comfy. Look at Dayko's video of him cocking his, it doesn't look hard at all and all he used is 2 NF springs.

I could use others, maybe a BBB, but a LS is too wide for the tube.
I beat my wife."

#5 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

Please make another video when this beast is painted and the cosmetics are done.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:03 PM

I like it!

I'm not one for adding stocks to guns needlessly, as it decreases overall mobility, but I'd encourage giving some thought to the idea of a stock for this, going above and below the plunger handle like a crossbow's does, to keep extraneous things like arms, clothing, etc. from getting caught on the plunger handle when you fire, as that can hurt, and it ruins your shot.

Nevertheless, props. Mad props.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#7 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

I had thought of adding a stock to it, but for now i'm leaving it off.
If I do put one on, i'll make it somehow attached to the bottom of the NF's handle.
I beat my wife."

#8 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

Props from here too. I personally would've made the DS one the main shell, and have the NF one on the front because IMO, the DS's grip is more comfy. Very good job. <_<
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#9 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:27 PM

Wow.
I feel inspired.

If I hadn't already let myself create a long list of unfinished projects, I think I'd start bashing on something like that, too.

I thought that I had gone through just about everything in the mods directory, but the only place I can recall seeing this type of double-tube configuration was on one of the Star Wars blasters.

Thanks also for crediting what inspired you. I am reading about Dayko's NF Crossbow right now!

Hell, with all the mods of this i wonder why the NF Crossbow isn't considered a gun itself in the directory, but we'll leave that up to the higher authority.

Glad you feel inspired. Thanks alot. <_<
I beat my wife."

#10 Daecu

Daecu

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:44 PM

That is one massive plunger, it may be safer in the long run to make a fresh one out of a solid piece of metal, but for your scratch work that turned out great! Give the thing a paint job and take it out to play ><_< (I think it looks cool without the top gun, but as mentioned above, screw pretty, 3 shots is greater than 1 XD)

#11 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

Good job with the awesome mod. I saw Dayko's and thought his was cool until I saw yours.

Also, I'm pretty good with getting stocks on things, so i'll PM you with my idea. ;)
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#12 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:49 AM

I think it looks sick with out anything on the rail. It's like an oversized pistol. How bad ass would it be if you had one in each hand! HELL YEAH!
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#13 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:39 AM

I think it looks sick with out anything on the rail. It's like an oversized pistol. How bad ass would it be if you had one in each hand! HELL YEAH!

Shit.. maybe if i get the time and resources i'll make a second.
I beat my wife."

#14 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

Wow. This thing is the shit. This is much better than any of the NF crossbows I've seen. I think it looks pretty clean. And it isn't much, but my favorite part of the whole gun is the holes drilled in the CPVC barrel. And the tactical shot is pretty cool up there too. Am I the only one thinking SSPB's velcroed to the sides? Like, to or three of em on the gun. You should make another, and just integrate the hell out of it. I'm talking At2K internals on both sides, plus tactical shot on top. Save this one though, it's a work of art.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#15 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

Y'know i had an idea to integrate an AT2K onto a rail accessory, then put it on the bottom rail, and put the DS's trigger back in so i could use that as a trigger. Then maybe put the pump on another one for up top.

I'm so glad you like it. And yes, there are so many ways of integrating and adding on things I'll definitely have to make a second sometime.
I beat my wife."

#16 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:09 PM

That is nice. Nitefinders are just so useful. It looks like two guns making love, but with performance like that, who cares? Hell, look at daedalus, for heaven's sake. And as for a stock, both guns are already so small that I would think it would just feel odd. ~Rork

Totally off topic: are you thinking about SENO?
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#17 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

SENO is a war, right?
Well unless it's anywhere near Georgia i doubt it. Mainly because i'm starting college on monday. And gas is a bitch, my truck chugs the stuff.
I beat my wife."

#18 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

It's in Augusta. There's a thread on it in the nerf wars section.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#19 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

i may go next year, but for now i'm a little too busy. -_-

NOTE: I'm working on a stock right now that should be done by tomorrow. It has to do with the bottom of the NF's handle and a tactical rail. ;)
I beat my wife."

#20 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Vary nicely done, Norther_of_Heaven. I like it. After seeing this it makes me want to finish my CrossBow Level 2 quicker. Again, good job.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#21 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

Holy shit, what a beast.
Do you ever have any problems with the massive draw length? I worry about the plunger rod snapping or something since it's so long and exposed before firing.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#22 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:21 PM

Holy shit, what a beast.
Do you ever have any problems with the massive draw length? I worry about the plunger rod snapping or something since it's so long and exposed before firing.

The rod is built to last, 2 ton epoxy and plexiglass stabilization, not going anywhere.

And to be honest, the massive draw length gets me pumped up. B)
And it should frighten anyone who sees me prime it.
I beat my wife."

#23 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

Wow.
I feel inspired.

If I hadn't already let myself create a long list of unfinished projects, I think I'd start bashing on something like that, too.

Same here. Mods like this make me want to get my shit together and finish my mods, so I can try this.

Awesome mod.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#24 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:34 PM

Wow.
I feel inspired.

Same here. Mods like this make me want to get my shit together and finish my mods, so I can try this.

Awesome mod.

Thanks alot, this means alot.

I really just pulled this together, like most of my other mods.
I beat my wife."

#25 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 01:01 AM

Did you have any problems with there being a bump between the two plunger tubes? I thought about giving this mod a shot a while back, but thought that the fact the plunger has to make the jump between the two PT's might impede power or pop off the second PT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users