Mega Stefans

$2.99 at Longs

9 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:09 PM

I bought a pack of Poof Darts at Longs. Here's one stock next to a tagger, same length.

Posted Image

Cut the Foam head of and you will find a little hollow spot with a bead in it. You could replace the bead with a fishing weight if you wanted to, I don't have any so I didn't.

Posted Image

Next just put a glob of hot glue over the top, lick your fingers and run them around the edges of the dart until there is a hard dome of glue centered in the middle.

Posted Image

And you're done!

Ranges from my stock Eagle Eye:

Stock Poof dart: 28ft
Stock Mega: 30ft
Sloppy one: 33ft
Awesome one: 40ft

But these really work best in high power couplerd air guns like maxd3k's and bbbb's, My maxd broke and I seem to have misplaced my big blast, but they got about 100ft flat, loaded in the back of the barrel.

Edited by Blue, 13 September 2008 - 08:24 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

Please resize your pictures to about 50% of what they are now.

Cropping would be even better.

Resized.

#3 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:29 PM

My mega stefans are prettier. They are made with sparkly hot glue and are pretty.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#4 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:30 AM

My mega stefans are prettier. They are made with sparkly hot glue and are pretty.

Anybody need a signature (Blue)? On topic: nice job on the darts, though they're pretty much ctds.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#5 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:04 AM

Anybody need a signature (Blue)? On topic: nice job on the darts, though they're pretty much ctds.

I didn't really mean for this to be a hard core stefans thread, mainly to let you know you can get some mega darts that work okay for an okay price at a store most people live by. What are ctds?

#6 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:31 AM

Yeah...you shouldn't be talking. Anybody remember this thread?
http://nerfhaven.com...pic=12389&st=60

Anyway, I like the darts Blue. By the way, they are converted tagger darts. Just normal stock darts with the head cut off and then weighted and hot glued.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#7 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:09 AM

If you're buying them just for the foam, why not just get 5/8 FBR?

#8 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

I have a few of these. The foam is very high quality, and doesn't need to be straightened. Very nice!
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

It would only be sig material if I had said "My darts are FABULOUS! *gay lisp intentional*"

God. Get it right. Don't sig me unless I say something sig worthy, and like Chillipepper said, anyone remember your thread devoted to gay things you do with your parents sexual lubricant and the family dog? Exactly what I though.

Nice darts again. If you can find em cheap, go for it, but otherwise, just use 5/8ths FBR and sparkly hot glue because then they are FABULOUS!!!
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#10 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

It would only be sig material if I had said "My darts are FABULOUS! *gay lisp intentional*"
God. Get it right. Don't sig me unless I say something sig worthy, and like Chillipepper said, anyone remember your thread devoted to gay things you do with your parents sexual lubricant and the family dog? Exactly what I though.

Do you have nothing better to do than critique the signatures of others on an internet forum? If you want to take this up with me over PM, please do so instead of polluting this thread.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users