Egno (in Cali) (elk Grove Nerf Off)

Acutaly a war now

50 replies to this topic

#26 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:36 PM

As to what I'm bringing, at least one Angel Breeched longshot, PETG NF and probably 2 other First Gen NF's to be more devilish. If my longshot isn't enough, my BBB or plugged shotgun BBBB will come too

#27 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

Updated DA RULZ. What game types would you like to plaY? HvZ? Capture the flag? Tell me.

#28 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

Updated DA RULZ. What game types would you like to plaY? HvZ? Capture the flag? Tell me.

As for games, I know of none. Once I get to this thing, someone will have to explain how to play.

#29 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

I will be bringing two flags for capture the flag...

#30 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Both my friends will be coming with me. We sort of always play as a team, we call ourselfves Supernova (because when we were thinking of a name we were drinking Mountin Dew Supernova, kind of lame I know). Anyways team Supernova will be in full force. haha
...yea girls nerf too...

#31 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

Ok sounds good, Kdizzle will you be meeting us at wendy's? Sounds like this might be a promising war. We'll probably have one in december (before christmas) during the second week, so Falcon can come. Any questions about anything? Well, I've got to go to oakland tommarow, and I am sleeping over at a friends house so he can take me there, so I better get ready.

#32 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:21 PM

Ok sounds good, Kdizzle will you be meeting us at wendy's? Sounds like this might be a promising war. We'll probably have one in december (before christmas) during the second week, so Falcon can come. Any questions about anything? Well, I've got to go to oakland tommarow, and I am sleeping over at a friends house so he can take me there, so I better get ready.

We'll be coming from hayward (because we're going to see Saw 5 on the 24th and then my friends are going to spend the night at my dorm so we can leave from here the next morning). Unless we hit some unexpected traffic that sets us back, yes we are planning on meeting at Wendy's. I just ordered a NerfSTRONG band so I'll have that on. Oh and for those of you who don't know, I'm a chick. There is also another girl on my team and a dude. See you guys!
...yea girls nerf too...

#33 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

Kdizzle, I think you are awesome, We need more girls in this game, it makes it funner. Thank you for coming.

#34 Redmark

Redmark

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

I will probably bring my BBMM, My Singled Generic Bazooka w/ Airtank, and my Nerf Elimenator.
I will have around 250 24 gram, 1 inch and half stefans.
I will be meeting up w/ JSB at Bart. Then we will ride on to Wendy's. I too will be wearing my NerfSTRONG band. :P

Edited by Redmark, 06 October 2008 - 12:09 AM.

Non-Expanding Recreational Foam

#35 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

I am gonna pay for my band today. # 100 bitches!

#36 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

Although I would like to use this thread, just PM me and leave this thread for the war.

Anyway, if you are bringing guns to trade/sell to the war. please tell me now so I can prepare money for guns I migh buy. Please PM like I said

#37 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

Ok you have been pm'ed

Edited by nerfer9, 07 October 2008 - 07:44 PM.

#38 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

Question - among attendees, who has previous experience at organizing a Nerf War?

I certainly don't. Not even at attending one.

I'm just wondering how much organization to expect.
For an "inaugural" event, learning our way through is okay, but experienced leadership could be a plus, too. If no one like that is attending, perhaps we should seek more advice online while we have a few weeks to absorb it.

Let's see if I can shed some light for you guys to help this go smoothly. When things go smoothly, people come back. Case in point, the recent explosion in So Cal attendance.

Keep game types simple, for starters. Don't try anything more extravagant than deathmatch with either 3/15 or 5/20 rules (hits/respawn time), and capture the flag.

Whoever runs the war (I imagine that'll be nerfer9...it's typically the job of the host) needs to decide ahead of time that he/she is over feeling awkward during get-acquainted time, and will walk straight up to people, and start learning names. When it appears that the majority of attendees are there, said person needs to feel confident enough to put and end to social time and get the ball rolling.

Don't get all power-trippy or anything; just talk with some confidence. The more awkward you sound and look, the longer things'll take. Just be calm, and run the show.

I'm going to contact Anyaseijin, a once prominent socal nerfer who moved up north two years back. He may be able to come, and that--in addition to boosting your attendance list--would help move things along and get you all used to how a typical major war functions. He'll be more than willing to play by your rules, but if he comes, he'll be just as willing to help you get to know how to run things effectively.

That being said, I may be there too. Would the Davis, Sacramento, or Stockton Amtrak stations be on the way to the location for anyone?

Edited by Falcon, 12 October 2008 - 06:20 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#39 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

That sounds great, I hope he'll be there. Bob and I are working on some rules that all of the confirmed attendees are voting on, and yes - I will be running the show. I can pick you up at the stockton amtrak, pming you now.

Edited by nerfer9, 12 October 2008 - 09:44 PM.

#40 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

oops double post.

Edited by nerfer9, 12 October 2008 - 09:40 PM.

#41 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Alright, unexpected expense reared its ugly head today.

Hold another one in early '09, and I'll be there. If not, we may see you on the SOF trip.

In the meantime, Anyaseijin may still be coming; he'll post in the next few days.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#42 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

Ok, sorry to here that, but if Anyaseijin comes we might have enough people to have a decent war, Are you still planning on being here in december? I will hold one in February and probably in like august.

#43 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

I'll be up in the Sac/Vacaville area to conduct the live orchestra for a high-end wedding in December (it's on the 20th) for about 3-4 days. I'll let you know what dates exactly I'll be there, and see if we can pull something together (or at least meet up and say hi/chat.)
----------||||||||)

#44 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

Ok, sounds good. Does anyone have one of those fold able tables? Someone should probably bring one. Is there anyone I havent pmed the rules to?

#45 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

weather looks sweet. high 82, low 51
http://www.weatherfo.../elk grove.html
I'm so juiced!
...yea girls nerf too...

#46 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:25 PM

Unfortunately, AJ.Z just pmed me and said that there was a low chance of him coming, but he might be there. Please, JSB bring the table, yes it will not be used for a game, I am bringing other stuff for that. WOOT yes, good weather. If ANYONE needs to spend the night because they don't feel like driving until 10:30 at night, please contact me.

#47 Redmark

Redmark

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

I'll help you carry that beast of a table.
Non-Expanding Recreational Foam

#48 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

Only two days guys! Prepare to be cursed with the awesome might of my vulcan, and its foam-spewing power! This thing is going to be AWESOME! See you in two days and counting.

#49 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Funny thing is, that I am going to a 6 pm to 6 am party the same day as the war in manteca. I guess I will pick up a Pump action shotgun, BTW do you have an adress?

#50 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

vulcans? psh, thats child's play. Last night (or this moring whatever you want to call it) at 3:30am, I completed that last of my trifecta. The supernova team will be fitted out with 3 longshots. Camizzie will be using a singled DTB intergrated longshot. J-boogy will be armed with his maverick intergrated longshot and finally your truely will be causing hell my longshot DTB intergration. I wish you guys luck, you'll need it.
-Kdizzle
...yea girls nerf too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users