Anyone interested

30 replies to this topic

#26 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:21 PM

Train? My mom suggested the train and Im wondering how much of a possibility that would be. But the party bus would be awesome. Anyone have a commercial drivers license?

I checked out Amtrak for getting from St Paul to New Jersey, and it's ~$175 round trip. Three separate trains, roughly 26 hours for the trip.

That sounds good. More details would be appreciated.

All I did was go to the ticket estimator at amtrak.com...

http://www.amtrak.co...Amtrak/HomePage

You select stations and dates, and it presents you with ticket options.

I must say, the train is a nice way to travel. (Spent a lot of time on trains in the UK a week ago). However, it's not necessarily a speedy way to go, and dealing with luggage can be a pain, particularly with changing trains. That, and you're lacking a way to get around once you get to your destination.

Edit: as far as passenger vans, I found rental rates of around $450 a week. YMMV.

Edited by Carbon, 01 September 2008 - 10:26 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#27 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

I think I can handle a train. The bulk of our luggage will probably be our guns. I think I will bring three primaries max, and if in the course of our wars here in MN prior to APOC, I discover the gun that will make me complete it could be even less. Besides we are only spending a few nights in NJ so we shouldn't need much anyway as far as extra clothes and things.

Edited by venom213, 01 September 2008 - 10:31 PM.

#28 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

This is dumb.
Going to APOC/Armageddon would be awesome, but there is no need for a topic about this. PM each other or something.
That said I'm planning on attending Armageddon this summer, but flying cause spending all that time on the road sucks. I've driven to Colorado multiple times from MN and that is a much short drive and it still blows. Time is money. Plus it always cost more than you think no matter how much you plan, its almost a road tripping guarantee.

#29 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:43 AM

If you CAN make it, we will be waiting for you with open arms

and loaded weapons.

#30 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:38 PM

I might do it KY should be on your way.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#31 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:47 PM

My dad drives semi trucks he could smuggle us there... That is a lot of money for 2 nerf wars
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users