Ps2 For $20

Go figure it sucks

4 replies to this topic

#1 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 11:21 PM

Look at me! I'm a real lucky SOB... sort of. I was at a flee market today, and guess what I saw for $20? Give up? It was a playstation 2. I asked the guy if it worked he said "mostly, it probably needs the lens cleaned," I checked the light came on every and thing. I knew that didn't necessarily mean it worked, but I figured it was worth a shot. Anyway, I took it to a friends tested it, it worked so I take it home. I hook it up, BAM! It won't read the disk. I try inserting a lens cleaning disk, but that doesn't work either. I pop off the top. (found out it was missing a screw, some other dumb ass must have opened it too). I clean the lens with a Q-tip and lens cleaner. Blow out some dust. Put it back together and now it won't power on. Can anyone give me some help?
facebook.com/gregdp

#2 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 12:16 AM

get it repaired.

#3 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 02:31 PM

I got a PS2 for 50 working... open it back up and check all the plugs.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#4 merlinski

merlinski

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 02:54 PM

Look at me! I'm a real lucky SOB... sort of. I was at a flee market today, and guess what I saw for $20? Give up? It was a playstation 2. I asked the guy if it worked he said "mostly, it probably needs the lens cleaned," I checked the light came on every and thing. I knew that didn't necessarily mean it worked, but I figured it was worth a shot. Anyway, I took it to a friends tested it, it worked so I take it home. I hook it up, BAM! It won't read the disk. I try inserting a lens cleaning disk, but that doesn't work either. I pop off the top. (found out it was missing a screw, some other dumb ass must have opened it too). I clean the lens with a Q-tip and lens cleaner. Blow out some dust. Put it back together and now it won't power on. Can anyone give me some help?

Unless you have a degree in electrical engineering, or are willing to spend the time trying to find a very detailed explanation of a PS2 online, I think you're stuck with the option of paying to get it repaired... if thats possible.

#5 SofaKing

SofaKing

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:30 PM

I have fixed 2 using this Guide,He'll even send you new versions for free when he releases them.
As for no power,did you check the fuse?

Edited by SofaKing, 28 December 2003 - 04:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users