Photo

Good Nintendo 64 Games

44 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

I'm going to buy a Nintendo 64 and I want to know what games are good.

#2 CruxZader

CruxZader

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

For me conquers bad fur day was a good N64 game. It had a really fun multiplayer.
When everyone screams out save us..... I'll whisper no.

Rorschach- Watchmen

#3 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

James Bond: Goldeneye was immensely popular when it came out for Nintendo, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is just a fucking classic.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:47 PM

Pokemon stadium, no joke. Great multi player mario party type esque games.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

The original Super Smash Bros. all the way. IMO, still one of the best nintendo games.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#6 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

StarFox is a great one. I really should go back and play it sometime.
SuperGeek.

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

If you like that type of game, F-Zero. That was a GREAT Game series. I hope they come out with a remake for the wii. But, that will never happen. And yes, Ocarina of Time was a classic, and all around great game. And I like pokemon stadium, or pokemon snap.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Banjo Kazooie. Super Mario 64. Paper Mario. Banjo Tooie. Ha, I win.

Edited by Philote, 30 July 2008 - 06:47 PM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#9 fishcakeisawesome

fishcakeisawesome

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

Paper Mario, Rayman 2 The Great Escape, Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards, Super Mario 64, and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time are all good games.

"Half of the nerf dudes are cringey jerks"

#10 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

If you like that type of game, F-Zero. That was a GREAT Game series. I hope they come out with a remake for the wii. But, that will never happen. And yes, Ocarina of Time was a classic, and all around great game. And I like pokemon stadium, or pokemon snap.

If your looking for it, you could buy it on the shop channel, or buy SSBB and play the in game demo. I'd also like to add Lego Racer, Pod Racing, StarFox64 and, even though its not an N64 game: Super Metroid. Easily the Greatest game ever made.
EDIT: If I'm not mistaken there is one for the GC.

Edited by Philote, 30 July 2008 - 07:12 PM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#11 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:24 PM

-Extreme G
-Bomberman Hero
-Vigelant 8
-Vigelant 8 2nd offence
-Perfect Dark
-Destruction Derby 64
-Top gear Rally
-BattleTanxs Global Assault
-Killer Instinct Gold
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#12 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

Pokemon stadium, no joke. Great multi player mario party type esque games.

Pokemon stadium was a great game. Plus-
Mario Tennis
Rayman
super smash bros
Kirby 64
James Bond Goldeneye
and obviously Mario Kart
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#13 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

I second Pokemon Stadium, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. Heck, I'll say the first several Mario Parties, the minigames were fun.

Edited by Shadowblade, 30 July 2008 - 08:02 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#14 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

Heres my list:
-Pokemon Stadium

Thats about it.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#15 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

Hold on a tick, why buy and N64 and all these games when could just get an emulator and download the ROMS?

Project 64

I'll let you find the ROMS yourself.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#16 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Goldeneye, banjo Kazooie, Banjo tooie
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#17 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

There were games for the N64 That were way ahead of they're time like "007:The world is not enough" and of course "Perfect Dark".
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#18 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

Any n64 Zelda game. (Majora's Mask and Orcarina of Time).

Banjo Koojoie was good, but kinda boring.

Goldeneye is great, but there is a HL2 Goldeneye Source mod for free.

I'm working on Benheck's N64 Portable, portable Super Mario 64 FTW!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

Get the system or get an emulator.

Either way YOU MUST get these games (The number is my order of pimping-nes):

(1) Super Mario 64-The fucking awesome classic 120 stars + Yoshi.

(3) Goldeneye 007-My first non-Doom first person shooter (I think). Great multi-player.

(5) Perfect Dark- One of the best games I have played.

(4) Mario Party X- Any number will do. The first one is my favorite though. The stories are just retarded after that.

(2) Starfox 64- Another fucking awesome classic. Make inappropriate jokes. Especially ones about Slippy (make sure he doesn't die).

EDIT: And the Zelda games.

Edited by Lynx, 30 July 2008 - 10:36 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#20 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

Its unfortunate most of the classics are ESA protected and these roms can not be downloaded. For instance StarFox 64, Mario Parties, and my favorite Paper Mario. Getting the N64 off Ebay and the games are going to be expensive, good luck.
-Vacc

#21 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

There are a ton of game stores in Toronto that sell all kinds of outdated(But timeless) N64 and other consoles and games like tons. One place has the original Super Smash Bros for $39 if u want more info PM my sorry ass!
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#22 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:32 PM

There is only one 64 game that is essential and that is goldeneye. This game is still one of the finest examples of good multiplayer and a shooter on a console that worked like a dream. Some people like perfect dark better, but in my opinion, it's major imbalanced along with making the game a bit more complex. Goldeneye may be a plain vanilla shooter nowadays, but I believe is one of true skill. It is still one of the games that I am the best at, and once you become really amazing at it, it becomes an experience. For the first semester of college, Goldeneye was a drug. We needed it, and not even for the entertainment.

So buy goldeneye and 4 controllers, that's all you need.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#23 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:05 PM

There is only one 64 game that is essential and that is goldeneye. This game is still one of the finest examples of good multiplayer and a shooter on a console that worked like a dream. Some people like perfect dark better, but in my opinion, it's major imbalanced along with making the game a bit more complex. Goldeneye may be a plain vanilla shooter nowadays, but I believe is one of true skill. It is still one of the games that I am the best at, and once you become really amazing at it, it becomes an experience. For the first semester of college, Goldeneye was a drug. We needed it, and not even for the entertainment.

I too agree Sir. The tons of feature Perfect Dark had also made the game lag when too many players went on screen at once. But still, both games are a need to have. Thats why I have them both.
-Vacc

#24 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

I have Golden Eye. That game was the main reason I want to buy the n64. When I was 12 or so I went to this childcare place and we would be shooting each other with the awsome rocket launchers at the centers n64. I remember two guns were very fun as you could press a button and you could zoom and control where you shot, instead of the boxhead style shooting of most of the other guns. The other game I bought was Beetle Racing, and although it may sound like a terrible idea, it was way better than the other racing game I've played, Rush: San Francisco. It was actually a very challenging race game where you didn't flip over and burst into flames every time you hit the curbs. Another thing I liked about it was the short cuts, which are always fun to find.

#25 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

Oh man, now I need to go play goldeneye and use that 2X rocket launcher cheat.

I loved Smash Bros. Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye, Ocarina of time, and... Pokemon Snap. :3
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users