Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:08 AM

Here are two potential Nerf War icons
Posted Image
Posted Image

Too.....corporate. I'm thinking either a star burst explosion like in those animated maps of WWII, a flag, or a fist gripping a crossbow ripping out of the map. Or something completely different. I'm easy.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#78 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:32 AM

Here are two potential Nerf War icons
Posted Image
Posted Image

Too.....corporate. I'm thinking either a star burst explosion like in those animated maps of WWII, a flag, or a fist gripping a crossbow ripping out of the map. Or something completely different. I'm easy.

A face and crossbows would be cool too.

On a side note: I feel so alone here in NYC :D
It makes the world go round.

#79 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:38 AM

The next time there's a Nerf war in Jersey, hop a train. There are train stations no more than 20 minutes drive from most of the wars down here and I'd be happy to give you a ride (as would at least a couple of the other Jersey regulars)

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#80 stickfigure91x

stickfigure91x

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:41 AM

Sigh, only 3 in Missouri... :D
The laughing will cease when the effectiveness is proven.

#81 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:55 AM

The next time there's a Nerf war in Jersey, hop a train. There are train stations no more than 20 minutes drive from most of the wars down here and I'd be happy to give you a ride (as would at least a couple of the other Jersey regulars)

Thanks for the offer, I'll do my best to make it to Talio's war on the 31st.

Edit:Nevermind, the nearest PATH station is 70 miles from Mill Creek. I can hop on the North Jersey Coast line. Do I need another ticket for a transfer?

Edited by Aimless, 16 August 2008 - 01:29 AM.

It makes the world go round.

#82 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:13 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Explosion to use as a shadow
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by CaptainSlug, 16 August 2008 - 02:33 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#83 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

Sluggey, you're my hero.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#84 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

I'm in Rockford Illinois. I've been in for a couple weeks, but I just updated with my city.

EDIT: I tried updating it, but it's not loading. I think it's just my computer. I'll try again later.

Edited by bartel, 16 August 2008 - 09:37 PM.

"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#85 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

It worked fine for me. I updated your info by putting your profile URL in, and your location came up just fine. You're on the map.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#86 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

Alright thanks, it was just my computer, it was acting up.

EDIT: I was trying to change my location and I forgot how to do it. And the link wouldn't open on my computer but I got it to work now.

Edited by bartel, 16 August 2008 - 10:14 PM.

"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#87 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

Wow no one is really in canada near me... there is only 4 of us in the area...but one of them is FORSAKENANGEL!!!!!
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#88 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

I wonder what it's like to be a Nerf god of an entire country? Oh, wait.......
I hate you.

#89 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

Okay, I'm on the list but not on the map. Did I eff something up?
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#90 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

I'm going to guess your location is to vague
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#91 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

No, go type in a state on Google Maps - it will bring up a centralized ( not sure if it's always central... ) marker for the state.

My guess is the map just hasn't updated or your marker is hidden behind someone elses?

#92 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

Your marker is hiding behind Thomas' marker. Don't worry, when I launch the final version of the map, there will be a couple of ways around that.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#93 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

I'm going to guess your location is to vague

Oh.

Edit: Okay Langely. Will I be able to edit my information? Cause the marker's in the wrong place.

Edited by Captain, 07 September 2008 - 07:24 PM.

#94 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

Alright Phil. I was on the map, then I Havenlinked, and now I'm not. :D And then when I go to put myself on again, it says I can't because I'm Havenlinked and it's already done. Just bringing this to your attention. I'm not on the list nor the map.
Teehee.

#95 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

You will be able to edit it directly. But you can edit it right now by changing the location in your profile to make it more specific, and going to the Location Verification page again.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#96 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:02 PM

Okay, thanks. I fixed it.

#97 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

Status Report: We're almost up to 200 people on the map, and it goes up by a few members every couple of days. In just a few more weeks, I'll be announcing the final version of the map which will have a search by proximity feature, a tool for setting up alternate locations, and possibly a special layer displaying all of the upcoming nerf wars on the map. I'm happy to see that a number of you have already found the website where I'm developing the final map.

I'll probably be letting a spider loose on the nerf boards soon as well, which will add members that are active on nerfhaven but haven't signed up yet. So if you see your name on the map before you register, that's why.

So far has anyone been able to get in touch with nerfers that they didn't know where close by?

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#98 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

Updated on where i live, Bromley is way too large. So i have narrowed it down to my town name. Nice work Langley, this has come far.
QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#99 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

I found an issue. I added myself before Vistagecko, and then when Vistagecko signed up, his marker decided to cover mine. Is there a way you could fix this? This is on both maps, test and real.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#100 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

With respect to overlapping markers, this is an ongoing problem with google maps for which there aren't really any perfect workarounds. On the development map (the 'secret' map) the search function allows you to open the info window on a marker that comes up in a search result, by clicking the name in the result. With the next release, I will improve it so that the corresponding marker also comes to the front layer. I may also implement a system like the offset-able marker on this page:
http://www.bdcc.co.u...dccGmapBits.htm
And possibly a 'shuffle' button that switches the layers around so that markers stuck in the back come up to the front.

Thanks for you input. It's really helpful to get bug reports and suggestions from people on the forums because it's so easy to be blinded to problems in my own code.

Nat- I don't know if this works in the UK, but if you use your postal code in the US, it's usually more specific than city name.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users