Photo

How Much More Do Stefans Hurt

27 replies to this topic

#1 potato sniper

potato sniper

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

Ok so my brother (who I nerf with) has what he calls "sensetive skin". So when I started to plan to make stefans he saw pictures of the welts some of them leave and wouldnt let me make them. Anyway, I need to know what methods hurt the most and least. I've seen the padded stefans and I need to know how they are too.

Thanks,
Potatosniper

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:16 PM

A padded stefan has about 1/4" of fbr on the front and they don't hurt much if anything. A slug dart has felt padding on the front and those don't hurt much. A normal stefan hurts depending on how you are hit, for example close range would hurt even more so if it is from a powerful gun, from far away you hardly notice it unless it is from something like a bbbb, +bow, x-bow, pump shotgun.

#3 potato sniper

potato sniper

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:17 PM

Thanks nerf crazy.

#4 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:35 PM

I think CS style darts are what you need.
Truce.

#5 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

Slugs darts are great, but I just want to tell you that they still hurt a fair amount out of a modded gun, though, any type of ammunition is going to hurt a little out of a modded nerf blaster.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#6 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

I have the same kind of problem with my parents not wanting anything that could cause even minor injury. So, all I do is take the head off of a stock dart and put one or two small balls of clay down it. Sometimes the pieces of clay fly out, but if you have them stuck to the sides correctly, they won't. They get about a 5-10ft addition (not quite as good as a normal stefen) but they don't hurt at all so they're pretty nice. :D
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#7 potato sniper

potato sniper

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

Ill proboably try some of slugs llama man. Thanks.

Poseidon- ill definetally try that as well thanks.

#8 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

Do some matchstick darts... You dip the tip in plastidip about 5 times or so and it becomes less painful.

#9 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

Methinks Your brother is a pussy ass bitch. Stefans sting a little and may leave a welt but jesus christ what a puss bag.
Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

They both hurt when propelled to the same speeds. It's just much easier to propel stefans further and faster.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

My stefans don't have weights, but the only time I've gotten a welt was from a BBB from 6 feet away in my kitchen. Even so, it stung for a couple seconds and I didn't feel it again. My little brother is eight and we use stefans with him, so they're not that bad.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#12 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

Really, think of you gun. Lightly modded NF, FF or DTB? Go for it, any stefans will be fine. LS, Titan, NG Gun? You may wanna think about making them padded. Also, stock darts can hurt too, and leave mighty welts. I've made a cross shaped welt on my friend's arm from a velcro dart from a titan.

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

Methinks Your brother is a pussy ass bitch. Stefans sting a little and may leave a welt but jesus christ what a puss bag.

I'm cosigning this. Seriously dude, just make some friends with testicles.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#14 king nerfer

king nerfer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

I have the same kind of problem with my parents not wanting anything that could cause even minor injury. So, all I do is take the head off of a stock dart and put one or two small balls of clay down it. Sometimes the pieces of clay fly out, but if you have them stuck to the sides correctly, they won't. They get about a 5-10ft addition (not quite as good as a normal stefen) but they don't hurt at all so they're pretty nice. :)

did you get that idea from nerfngames on youtube?

#15 potato sniper

potato sniper

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

Shutup guys and mind your own freakin buissness if you only have bad stuff to say. He just has a tendency to over react sometimes so quit being idiots.

#16 hornet

hornet

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Did you just tell talio to shut up?...........wow
Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

#17 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Shutup guys and mind your own freakin buissness if you only have bad stuff to say. He just has a tendency to over react sometimes so quit being idiots.

sounds like a faggot.

No seriously though, how old is he?

If the answer is <10 I will shut up.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#18 potato sniper

potato sniper

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

10< ok... no i told u to shutup and him.

#19 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

^ I could get shot point blank with my AR removed DTG when i was nine. But then again, people tell me I'm somewhat pain resistant.

I wouldn't use modded guns with someone that age, period. Hell, if he complains about a shot to the face I wouldn't Nerf with him.

And you did technically tell Talio to shut up.

Edited by ultra920, 04 August 2008 - 05:50 PM.

There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#20 potato sniper

potato sniper

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

I did tell him to shutup and I dont care he insulted my bro without knowing him.

#21 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

I did tell him to shutup and I dont care he insulted my bro without knowing him.

Here comes the banhamer...
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#22 potato sniper

potato sniper

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:23 PM

Go ahead and ban me... for what though defending my brother. If so then your really a jerk.

#23 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

Go ahead and ban me... for what though defending my brother. If so then your really a jerk.

Ha, I am no admin. Look under my name. I was just stating that an admin will. Very rarely can one insult an admin and get away with it. That is all.
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#24 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

Oh come on people! Quit picking on the guy! It would dissapoint me to see this guy get the banhammer. He just wanted to know how much stefans stung, so it would'nt hurt his little brother. If his little brother is a wouss, (no offense potato scumbag) so what? It's not your guy's job to tell him that. Especially tell him, then go on about it. [rant/]
But on topic: I would use Captain Slug's stefans. I have made some before, and out of a Big Bad Bow, they barely sting. I mean, they probably hurt about as much as a tagger dart. (When the velcro part grazes your arm, that stings a bit) Or, the cushioned darts might work, but they probably won't be too accurate. (I have never made them though.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#25 potato sniper

potato sniper

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

Thank you bomberman.

I think he can defenetally handle those.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users