Photo

N-strike Attachments You Would Like To See.

27 replies to this topic

#1 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

This topic is for sharing ideas for n-strike attachments that could be released in the same manner as the tactical light. I personally would like to see the following:

1) A smdtg-like gun with a more ergonomic trigger setup.

2) Attachable ammo and/or clip holders.

3) I sincerely doubt they'd do this, but a spy gear video car-esque setup with the camera in the attchament and a headset to allow you to peek around corners would be very cool.

Anyone have any other ideas?

#2 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

I would love to see a ball launcher on the bottom. Because of nerfs new soldier approach I think that it is a fairly decent idea.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#3 mrcrouse1

mrcrouse1

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

Really, if you want, you can make your own attachments, just take the clips off a scope or something, and attach them to whatever you want, i've done that with my big blast to attach a nite finder, and if I ever get a splitfir, I will be doing that.

#4 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

A vertical grip that clamps on that also has some ammo holders.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#5 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

This topic is for sharing ideas for n-strike attachments that could be released in the same manner as the tactical light. I personally would like to see the following:

1) A smdtg-like gun with a more ergonomic trigger setup.

2) Attachable ammo and/or clip holders.

3) I sincerely doubt they'd do this, but a spy gear video car-esque setup with the camera in the attchament and a headset to allow you to peek around corners would be very cool.

Anyone have any other ideas?

you could easily make the spy gear video car into an attachment just integrate the remote into the gun and make the headset so the screen would fold out from the gun like on a camcorder.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#6 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

If my HUD design works I am going to put a small camera in the front my ls and nf To be able to see around corners, sort of like the super warrior program and the NWS combined. A good attachment though would be a nerf grenade launcher (refill grenades sold separately). On a side note if you modify a "tactical laser" to use IR LEDs you could be totally invisible at night.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#7 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

If my HUD design works I am going to put a small camera in the front my ls and nf To be able to see around corners, sort of like the super warrior program and the NWS combined. A good attachment though would be a nerf grenade launcher (refill grenades sold separately). On a side note if you modify a "tactical laser" to use IR LEDs you could be totally invisible at night.

I have made a design for a gun to do just that but I have not started it yet.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#8 Nate2

Nate2

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

What about an actual scope for the Longshot? Something that actually magnifies the image, rather than putting a targeting dot in your view.

I've had an idea for a while, I was going to put an actual camcorder lens on the front of mine, then put a viewfinder right behind the jam door. I'm still going to do that, but I need a new IC for my viewfinder, and a pinout for the camera lens itself. I was also planning on putting infrared LED's at the front to act as nightvision. It's possible, but sort of expensive.

I know Nerf wouldn't do that, but it would be nice if someone made that for them.

Edited by Nate#2, 24 July 2008 - 01:46 PM.

"How long is it supposed to be?"

You got a problem with me? You take it up with me directly.

#9 Commander Cody

Commander Cody

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

My vote's for a foam/plastic bayonet.

Melee them to death.
"An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates un-barred and un-guarded" -Space Marine Librarian

#10 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

Two words:

Can Cozy

'nuff said. :rolleyes:
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#11 Nate2

Nate2

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

Two words:

Can Cozy

'nuff said. :rolleyes:

Self leveling, too. Need to make sure nothing spills.
"How long is it supposed to be?"

You got a problem with me? You take it up with me directly.

#12 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

An ammo/holster vest. Have 2 adjustable holsters on the sides for the Maverick and NF, 4 clip holders, an ammo belt holder(Vulcan) and, like, 6 dart pockets. A foregrip would be sweet too, but it seems kind of odd to have on a nerf gun.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#13 Kazimir

Kazimir

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:36 PM

What about an actual scope for the Longshot? Something that actually magnifies the image, rather than putting a targeting dot in your view.

That seems like overkill. Even at the sorts of ranges that folks see with heavily-modified longshots, you're still well withing the usefulness of plain old 'iron' sights. This also leaves aside the issue that wind resistance on a Nerf dart causes significant windage errors.

On the same idea, though, a calibrated quadrant sight, or leaf sight, with an eye to the idea of making indirect-fire practical as a tactic.

#14 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

A grip would be a cool concept, I would like to see universal attachment points on the top and bottom of guns, like the Recon Barrel. Bayonets would be cool also concept, although they could be a bit dangerous. I would like to see golfcart compatible mounting plates for a Vulcan-esque mini-gun.

Edited by Philote, 24 July 2008 - 02:47 PM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Another theoretical dream spam thread? Seriously?
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#16 Kazimir

Kazimir

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

I don't know that this needs to be thought of as theoretical dreams - things like a ball launcher which attaches via an N-Strike rail, with a matching calibrated quadrant sight for indirect-fire would be pretty useful, and are not at all outside the realm of possibility.

Unfortunately, I agree that this sort of thing tends to get somewhat out of hand.

#17 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

I don't know that this needs to be thought of as theoretical dreams - things like a ball launcher which attaches via an N-Strike rail, with a matching calibrated quadrant sight for indirect-fire would be pretty useful, and are not at all outside the realm of possibility.

Unfortunately, I agree that this sort of thing tends to get somewhat out of hand.

i thought Lion already did that.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#18 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

I'd like to see a gun that's just a re-shelled NF that's the size of an LS scope or smaller. Kind of like the gun part of the Wii blaster that's coming out, except it can attach to the n-strike rails.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#19 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

An M203 grenade launcher that attaches to the bottom front of the longshot where the tripod gos,and it should shoot film cannister grenades.
Truce.

#20 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

I would love to see a ball launcher on the bottom. Because of nerfs new soldier approach I think that it is a fairly decent idea.

I am currently making that.

#21 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

Or you can just mount a reactor to the bottom of a longshot like some people do.
Truce.

#22 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

It would be nice if they made something like a SSPB that clips onto rails.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#23 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

I created a mount for my Nerf grenade that attaches to my magstrike.
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time
with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***,
Oakview CA 93022. You'll get paid after
we get back. Must bring your own
weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have
only done this once before.

#24 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

Or instead of attaching it to rails. you can use PVC and PVC couplers like I do. You can put them on anything, take them off, and they still work. How bout that?

Also, speculation about a scope should stop. If you need any other way to aim other then looking and pointing, you aren't nerfing right.

To not completely kill your idea, Im looking in my parts bin, and I have alot of busted mavericks. The slider on the maverick has a rail, and its fairly easy to cut up. You can use that to put rails in places that dont have them.

Edited by BustaNinja, 26 July 2008 - 10:37 AM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#25 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

Why don't they make something similar to a "Master key" you know the whole Entry shotgun at the bottom of the blaster so we could just blow the hinges and knobs off any door so that nerf will become a Mil-Sim which it kinda looks like its going to turn in to.

Oh wait how about a new tactical light thing but with 12 different color settings so we could illuminate our targets with PINK and AQUA BLUE!

Why don't we start mailing these ideas to the guys at Hasbro, Enough is enough feel free to enjoy your wet dreams of new weapons attachments! Because they'll most likely never come true.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users