The Dangerous Book For Boys

anybody read it?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

If you haven't read this book you are missing out. It is badass for those of you that like to camp and hike or if your like me and are trying to find survival schools in the area. you seriously need to check this book out. Teaches you some intresting stuff.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#2 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:14 AM

I second that statement. I built the go kart out of that book , along with many other projects. I would recommend it to all.

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:43 AM

Shouldn't your dads be out there teaching you the stuff in this book? Mine didn't teach me everything, but at least he taught me some stuff. Kids.....
I hate you.

#4 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

But I'm not sure if my dad knows how do make bows out of limbs or how to make cloth fireproof. but some of the things are just for the little kiddies. And just for the record my dad did teach me something important, How to tie a tie.

Edited by Rouge warrior, 23 July 2008 - 06:54 PM.

My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#5 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

But I'm not sure if my dad knows how do make bows out of limbs or how to make cloth fireproof. but some of the things are just for the little kiddies.

Im with OMC on that one. Although when i read the book and attempted some of the stuff it ussually sparked my Dad to show me some other stuff. Right now i am building a much more complicated project on my own with what my dad and the internet has shown me.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#6 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

I love this book. It shows in great detail how to do fun projects. I even bought the second one The Dangerous Book For Boys Things to Do. My dad dose not like to do much but I sill manage to have fun with him( before his horrible girlfriend). And it even says in the beginning of the book that the authors didn't have this book when they where younger and Its purpose is to give you projects to do during long summer days. The activities and projects described in this book are sort of a dying art form that should be revived. I even eyed The Daring Book For Girls for some really cool projects. I am exited for the new one coming out soon The Dangerous Book For Boys Things To Know.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

My father told me how to respect life, thats a true lesson.

This book sounds cool though.. Macgyer-ish?

If you like to learn cool stuff, look up "Cool Stuff and How it Works". AMAZING book. Shows fiber optic, satellites, video streaming, ipods, etc...

Also, making a bow with limbs... You mean tree limbs right??
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

Ive read it, greatest thing ever. I took their advice on girls, to help them lift heavy objects etc. It said if you couldn't lift it, sit on it and engage in conversation. I sat on it, turned out to be her new makeup wardrobe thing, and I broke it. She tried (unsucessfully) to kick my ass. Apart from that shitty piece of advice, I love it. I made a bow and arrow using their directions, shoots about 95ft flat, so it works.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users