2nd Annual

56 replies to this topic

#1 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Official news:
When: Saturday, August 9th. 11am - whenever we can't move anymore (probably like 4-5 pm).
Where: Sunnyslope Elementary School.
4183 Sunnyslope Road SW
Port Orchard, WA 98367

What to bring: Guns, eye protection, extra guns, a lunch, money (if people want to buy/sell anything). Also, bring a spring pistol. It is more than likely that we will be doing pistol rounds. So, if you don't have one, pick one up. Nitefinders are great and go for ~$7.
-Eye Protection is REQUIRED. If you don't have a pair, I suggest you get one. I will have some pairs of Dart Tag/Spiderman glasses if anyone does not have a pair.
No guns that will injure people.
-Guns will be banned if they cause too much pain and no one enjoys playing with them. Singled Titans and singled Big Blasts with the pump plugged will be banned.
-Homemades are allowed on a case-by-case basis. Bring them to the war, we will see whether they are acceptable or if no one will enjoy playing with them.
-I will have extra "loaner" guns if anyone needs them.
-Bring your own lunch.
-I would highly recommend bringing extra guns. Last time, we had several problems with guns and had to swap them out.

Pictures are provided by Blackfox on page 2.

Standard 3/15 Deathmatch will most likely be the main game type. Check out the Nerf War Etiquette thread.
From that thread:
The rules of Deathmatch:

1. The round is played with the 3/15 rule.
2. Each player has to be hit three times before they are eliminated from the round.
3. After each hit, they must point their gun into the sky to show everyone that they have been hit and count to 15. While they are counting, they must clear the combat area.
4. Once they reach a count of 15 and have removed themselves from the active combat area, they must shout "CLEAR!" and then they may return to the round.
5. A valid hit is any hit from a projectile onto any part of their body. If their gun is hit, they are still out, with the exception of the Manta Ray. It is the only gun hit allowed since the gun was designed to also be a shield. Ground skipping darts and ricochets don't count.
6. Another valid hit is a close quarters hit, or tapping, in which the assailant takes someone out by tapping the barrel of their gun onto the person.
7. Once a player has been hit three times, they are eliminated from the round. They must clear the field and return to the staging area to wait for the current round to end.

Those are the rules we are going by. Read over them if you are unfamiliar with them.

All updates will be added to this post.

Possible attendance List:
-Retiate + 1-3
-Renegademilitia15
-Psilence
-Hierarchy + 1(?)
-Blackfox + 2
-Used Man
-Smiggetti + 4
-Chilipepperfender + 1

Edited by Retiate, 06 August 2008 - 10:56 PM.

#2 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

Ok I'm pretty sure all those dates work for me except maybe the 26th because I am playing for church that sunday. And August 2nd because that's my sister's birthday.

Got a lot of guns to fix though.

Can't wait!!!!

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 08 July 2008 - 08:01 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#3 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

sorry about the double post. total accident.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 08 July 2008 - 08:00 PM.

Singled RFS

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:45 PM

It's probably worth mentioning that everyone coming should bring your own lunch, as there are no nearby food places unless you want to go into town.

#5 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:48 PM

Sunnyslope Elementary Address:
4183 Sunnyslope Road SW
Port Orchard, WA 98367

I'm pretty sure I'm open for every Saturday posted. The 12th is a little short notice, but I could probably still make it although I'd be a little unprepared (mostly in the way of darts).
I'll let you know if something comes up though. Saturdays work for me, but I'm open all weekends too.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#6 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:11 PM

I will try to and make it this year :) .

#7 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

C'mon Washington Nerfers, I know you're out there.
And Used Man, do you have any preferred dates of the ones I listed?

#8 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

Put me down as a maybe. I got a lot of things going on this month.
Also, how are you doing this at a school? Did you get permission to?

Edited by Dayko, 12 July 2008 - 05:21 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#9 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

how are you doing this at a school? Did you get permission to?

Not exactly. I live a block away from the school and our group of seven nerfed for hours all alone. The playground is open to the public (if they're on foot anyways)

Our biggest concern would be if someone is using the playground when we get there. Generally, there's enough room for our group to take part of the area and stay away from any bystanders, but this is promising to be our largest war ever, so I'm not sure.
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

#10 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

The school is pretty big. I'm sure if there are a few people there (we've seen one of the times we have been there), we can move to another side of the school.

With listed dates approaching, we need to get a date nailed down. The 19th is this coming weekend, so that's probably out. How does the 26th of July or the 2nd of August sound to everyone?
Once again, if anyone has any preferred dates or dates that will not work for them, post them here.

#11 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

I'm ok with the second, but I need more details on the the war to be Ok with both dates. How long is the war going to be? when does it start?
Singled RFS

#12 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:28 PM

Oh, I completely forgot about times.
The war will probably start around 11:00 and go until we're all too tired to Nerf anymore, which is probably going to be somewhere around 4:00-5:00. If everyone's tired, we can stop early, if everyone wants to keep going, we will.

#13 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:10 AM

Sorry I said that I was coming but I just checked with my mom and I found out that although I will be here on those dates I wont be able to come because I have to travel to and from montana at night and have some camp in the evening also.

I still want to attend a war this summer and I might if anyone else is having one let me know. I also am planning on hosting one in Tacoma. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Edited by notthedinkus, 13 July 2008 - 01:12 AM.

WANTED: Somebody to go back in time
with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***,
Oakview CA 93022. You'll get paid after
we get back. Must bring your own
weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have
only done this once before.

#14 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:54 AM

Would you be able to attend if it were on the 9th of August?

#15 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

9th would work even better because I just learned I can't do it on the 26th. My family is doing a camping trip with another family on the weekend of the 26th.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 13 July 2008 - 07:40 PM.

Singled RFS

#16 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

So how does the 9th sound to everyone?

#17 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

9th would work even better because I just learned I can't do it on the 26th.

That pretty much says it all.
Singled RFS

#18 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

The 9th should work great for me too. It's really too far ahead to say I won't be doing anything, but now I'll try to reserve that day.
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

#19 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

Turns out guy's I got to sit this one out. Sorry, but there is just to many things going on for me in July and August.

Again sorry.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#20 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

I can propably make it on the 9th. Also what is the terrain? mostly concrete with a little grass? if so im affraid i might have to bring my remz.

#21 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

The terrain is a good mixture of concrete and grass. There's a lot of grass areas and a concrete parking lot and another section of concrete.

#22 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Also what is the terrain? mostly concrete with a little grass? if so im affraid i might have to bring my remz.

We took some pictures this weekend. Here's what we're looking at:

As you said, mainly a mixture of concrete and grass. There's a distinct playground side and a separate field of grass. It's much bigger than this picture shows, but you get the idea.
Posted Image

Here's a view of the playground. At first, we didn't think it would be a very good area because of the p-gravel, but we've actually had some pretty intense battles in this area.
Posted Image

There's a nice dodgeball court with an open wall and two small "doorways" to run through. Usually, we store our guns here because it's out of the sun, but it has possiblities for some games we might play such as assult, if I read that somewhere.
Posted Image

And the main attraction is the portables area. This picture doesn't give the area justice, and I apologize because we kinda forgot to go back and finish taking pictures because we were in a hurry. Most of our games took place here because there are four or five portables that form little channels between them and they lead to the field.
Posted Image

I'll post more pictures if I can get some time later this week. I hope this helps anyone who's on the fence about coming.
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

#23 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

I'm seeing a lot of people ok the 9th.

Can we finalize that to ease planning headaches?
Singled RFS

#24 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:34 AM

Alright, then.
I'll edit the first post and the war will be held Saturday, August 9th.

#25 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

More pictures for your edification.

First of all, the gates are closed, so everyone who's driving will have to either park on the side of the road or at my place. The disadvantage to parking at my house is it's about a ten minute jog with whatever gear you have, so I'd prefer the side of the road.

Posted Image

Here we have the most strategic spot of the school: the portables. I tried to show the areas between them. They lead to the playground, the field and behind the school.

Posted Image
Posted Image

And I'm not sure if we'd spend much time behind the school, but there's a nice trail that leads there if anyone's interested.

Posted Image
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users