Paintable, Sandable Substance

To fill open areas.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Suitcase Murphy

Suitcase Murphy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:55 PM

So I'm currently singling my maverick, as its really the only thing left to try and get decent ranges out of it, and I have just removed semi circle slopes from the sides, and now I'm left with huge holes in the body. I'm wondering if there is some sort of material that I can fill these gaps with that is sandable and paintable. I read somewhere that caulk worked, but I can't find the topic and I refuse to look through any more pages, as all I could find through the search function was "caulk saver."

So, does such a magical item exist?

Edited by Suitcase Murphy, 21 June 2008 - 11:58 PM.

QUOTE(One Man Clan)
Kill yourself......All of you.

QUOTE(Echnalaid)
I don't know, Busta said it, so I thought it was a valid word.

If Busta said it, it must be valid.

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

Epoxy putty. If you can make it smooth enough it will look as if it was made that way. I used it to fill a hole in my ls.

Edited by nerfer9, 22 June 2008 - 12:06 AM.

#3 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

I've heard bondo does a good job.
SuperGeek.

#4 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:05 AM

Im not sure about that but Epoxy putty will absolutley do it. All he's got to do is roll it around in his fingers to start it getting hard and put in in the hole.

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:15 AM

Fuck Bondo, use epoxy putty. I made the switch a while back and never plan on using bondo again. It stinks and its brittle.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

I've never used epoxy putty before, but I have to agree with Angle, Bondo gets pretty brittle. It flakes off and chips easy, so when you paint it, the Bondo is first to go. I used plastic wood once. It doesn't hold to the plastic real great sometimes but its sandable and dries real fast, I use it for screw hole and stuff that I want to fill in.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#7 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, E putty works great. Has a nice rough surface. And its durable. You would have to seriously hack at it to remove it.

All he's got to do is roll it around in his fingers to start it getting hard and put in in the hole.

Please tell me that was unintentional.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#8 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

It really depends on how big a place needs filled and whether it is a cosmetic bond or a structural bond. When I put my maverick onto my longshot, I used nothing but JB Kwik, and I'm glad I did because it really needed to be strong, but on the other hand, it also required almost three packs of the stuff, which cost about $13.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#9 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Jun 22 2008, 01:05 AM) *
All he's got to do is roll it around in his fingers to start it getting hard and put in in the hole.

oops....

on topic: Yea seriously use epoxy putty or MIGHTY PUTTY. JB kwik is a glue and not a filler, it may not work

Edited by nerfer9, 22 June 2008 - 01:34 PM.

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

on topic: Yea seriously use epoxy putty or MIGHTY PUTTY. JB kwik is a glue and not a filler, it may not work

JB Kwik is a two part epoxy, not glue. It will definitely work...I know...It is holding the maverick on my longshot, and it is filling the gap between the guns...and by the way, mighty putty is just epoxy putty that is being advertised by Billy Mays.

Posted Image
Here is a closeup of where the maverick meets the ls. There is no gap there. It was filled with JB Kwik, then sanded down and then painted over.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#11 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Jun 22 2008, 01:05 AM) *

oops....

For the record, if the putty is hard, you took to long and fucked up. When its not set, its like thick play dough. Pretty easy to use if you know some tricks.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users