25 replies to this topic

#1 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

So today I went to target and picked up a Big Bad Bow. I figured, just make a Big Bad Sexy. So I get home and I put the gun together. Then I come to realize that after putting on the bow arches, they can't come off. I started to think of way's I could still open the gun up. Then it comes to me. Why not do a barrel replacement without opening the gun up. Well turns out I did.
I give you...The Big Bad Easy! (name ripped of joeyaglr444's Big Bad Sexy)
Posted Image
This mod is very simple in that you don't have to open the gun, and it takes only 10 minutes if you already own all of the supplies.

The Materials
  • Big Bad Bow
  • Hot Glue
  • 1/2in. CPVC
  • 1/2in. SCH20 PVC
  • 1/2in. PVC Coupler
First put the PVC into the coupler all the way it can go.
Next, put a length of CPVC down there untill it hits the divider. Cut the CPVC so that the other end is flush with the PVC. Take both the PVC and The CPVC out and glue them together so that they look like this.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Now put it in the coupler to look like this. Make sure the 1/2in. CPVC is flush with the coupler divider. Seal any gaps between the divider and CPVC barrel with hot glue.

Posted Image
Put the coupler on the orange rod so it is flush with the divider, and attach it with hot glue. NOTE: If it isn't flush with the divider and CPVC, it will result in air loss.

Posted Image
There it is, your finished Big Bad Easy.
Ranges are (stock micros) 50feet, 56feet, 60feet, and 48feet.
These ranges are perfectly acceptable for my clan, because we don't use high powered guns. Keep in mind those ranges are with the air restrictor system still in place. This barrel also shoots The original red bolts. To shoot the bolts, just barely put them on the outside of the barrel. It may take some fiddling though to get the right place.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment.
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 05 June 2008 - 04:56 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#2 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

Wait, wait, wait. You did'nt saw off the AR? But why? You know, if you just have a small amount of brass down in there, nested in the stock barrel, and just have a little nuc of it out, about a 5-6 inch barrel, you can fire arrows, and stefans/stock darts.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#3 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

I didn't saw off the AR because...
  • I didn't want an overpowering gun.
  • I was experimenting, and just through some supplies together.
  • I didn't think My gun needed that much power anyway.
The reason I didn't use brass is because I wanted this mod to be cheap and easy.
I don't think I need brass either if I got about 50 feet with a stock dart. Who knows how far it will go with a stefan. I am considering making some and bringing this as my primary to a nerf war.
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 05 June 2008 - 05:57 PM.

#4 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

What?!?!?!? Why would you not want an "overpowered gun" and i wouldn't call 70-80ft "overpowered".
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#5 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

What?!?!?!? Why would you not want an "overpowered gun" and i wouldn't call 70-80ft "overpowered".

Well the group I play with don't need really high powered guns. We like to get close and get into it! :) If I bring this to a big nerf war, I will probably do a spring integration and at least get it to 100 feet. Keep in mind, these are shooting stock darts. I just tested A CDTS outside and got some good ranges.
-A side of nerf

#6 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

The reason I didn't use brass is because I wanted this mod to be cheap and easy.
I don't think I need brass either if I got about 50 feet with a stock dart. Who knows how far it will go with a stefan. I am considering making some and bringing this as my primary to a nerf war.
-A side of nerf

Um, 50 feet isn't exactly great ranges for a BBB. Just take the extra 5 minutes to open the gun and tak the ARs out then take about 2 minutes to put some brass down the barrel and seal with plumbers goop.

Well the group I play with don't need really high powered guns. We like to get close and get into it! :) If I bring this to a big nerf war, I will probably do a spring integration and at least get it to 100 feet. Keep in mind, these are shooting stock darts. I just tested A CDTS outside and got some good ranges.
-A side of nerf

If you like to get close and get into it I am never going to a nerf war with you.

Edited by g-force, 05 June 2008 - 06:44 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#7 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

Alright, I'll take those ideas into consideration. I'm sorry if I posted a useless thread. I just wanted nerfers who don't use stefans or super powered nerf guns to have an easy mod to do. A mod that gets good (in my opinion) ranges for little effort. To anyone in that category, I hope this mod helps you.
-A side of nerf

#8 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

You can get the bow parts off. Put a little muscle into it. Or, if you honestly can't pull them off, get your dad to do it for you. It's not as hard as it seems at first.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#9 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

You can get the bow parts off. Put a little muscle into it. Or, if you honestly can't pull them off, get your dad to do it for you. It's not as hard as it seems at first.

I feel so stupid now. I just pried the bow parts off with a screwdriver. I am trying to think of a way to make it more easily detachable. Now that I got those arches off, a good spring integration, and a gutting of the restrictors should bring her up to 70feet. Any suggestions on making the arches detachable?
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 05 June 2008 - 08:35 PM.

#10 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:45 PM

Disregard the Arches completely they're useless unless u want them to look cool...
if thats so? leave em.

But I think you should leave em off.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#11 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

To make them detachable you could put couplers where the arches attach then put cpvc (or what ever material you want) stubs on the arches.

Edited by Flantre, 06 June 2008 - 11:09 AM.

#12 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

Ah, that is a good idea flantre. I also came up with a hook system for the strings. Here are some pictures.
Posted Image

Posted Image
The e-tape isn't holding the string to the hook. It is just reinforcing the connection between the hook and a little hole for a knot to tie on.
I will work out the coupler system tonight and will probably have pictures today or tommarow.
-A side of nerf

#13 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

-A side of nerf

Um, 50 feet isn't exactly great ranges for a BBB. Just take the extra 5 minutes to open the gun and tak the ARs out then take about 2 minutes to put some brass down the barrel and seal with plumbers goop.

And then wait 24 hours for the plumbers goop to set.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#14 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

-A side of nerf

And then wait 24 hours for the plumbers goop to set.

Yes and then shoot someone, and then go find a doggy and pet it.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#15 Steveep

Steveep

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

Nice job. It's simple and effective. Mostly what I want to say is that you should build YOUR gun however you want. If you have small, short range wars, there's nothing wrong with having a light powered BBB. You can always upgrade it later if you want. Too many people are obsessed with power and forget about the thrill of a fast paced, short range game. But yeah, do whatever you want.
I used to like nerf.
Then I got a Girlfriend.

Now I LOVE Nerf!

#16 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

Nice job. It's simple and effective. Mostly what I want to say is that you should build YOUR gun however you want. If you have small, short range wars, there's nothing wrong with having a light powered BBB. You can always upgrade it later if you want. Too many people are obsessed with power and forget about the thrill of a fast paced, short range game. But yeah, do whatever you want.

Even in short range wars it is better to have more power though because the dart will be traveling faster and be harder to dodge.

#17 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

Even in short range wars it is better to have more power though because the dart will be traveling faster and be harder to dodge.

When we end up with everyone having a high powered gun, than we just get a stand off of two people with long range guns. It's more fun to see two people running at each other and popping off rounds until someone gets hit. At a regional nerf war though, I'll put everything I've got into that BBB.
-A side of nerf

#18 Pebbles

Pebbles

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

Look Here!

I've had this on my site for at least two months. Mine actually got 60 feet easily, with stefans. However, I have now moved on, and done a full BBB mod to my bow.

I don't say that you copied my idea intentionally, but I'm pretty sure I did mine first.

Pebbles
An idea won't work unless you do.
Foamblast: Home of NC Nerf's largest known clan.

Look at it! No, no, come back here and look at it! Bad members. Baaaaad members! -VACC

#19 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

Man, now I just look like I'm trying to steel all your credit. I'm sorry, I guess I'll have to search on other sites next time.
-A side of nerf

#20 Pebbles

Pebbles

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:28 PM

You had a good idea, and from the responses, it works. This situation is like having an independent company verify your claims: it probably means they're good.

I wouldn't mind a little "pebbles had a similar idea on his site" edit on the first page, though.

Look at it! No, no, come back here and look at it! Bad members. Baaaaad members! -VACC

#21 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

He doesn't have to put it in his post, your mod is like the same, who cares? You posted something similar on a NERF FORUM. Lets sue him for infringement.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#22 Pebbles

Pebbles

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:09 PM

I never said he had to, just that I wouldn't mind if he did.

Back on topic: one reason to use the Big Bad Easy Adapter is that it's easily removable, and will allow you to shoot arrows again with stock (plenty, in this case) power while allowing you to use darts when needed. This is not possible with many barrel mods, although there are some exceptions. This is also a very good mod if you can't open your BBB, or if you don't/can't use hot glue or a saw.

#23 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

One reason to use the Big Bad Easy Adapter is that it's easily removable, and will allow you to shoot arrows again with stock (plenty, in this case) power while allowing you to use darts when needed. This is not possible with many barrel mods, although there are some exceptions. This is also a very good mod if you can't open your BBB, or if you don't/can't use hot glue or a saw.

About the removing factor of it, how is yours removable? Mine is hotglued right onto the barrel.
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 07 June 2008 - 07:55 PM.

#24 Pebbles

Pebbles

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

Mine used hot glue to hold the adapter together, but the coupler can grip the BBB's barrel with friction. Hot glue does produce a better seal than friction.

#25 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

Yeah I get what you were saying now. The "coupler" I used was bigger than an normal coupler. It still connected 1/2in PVC but it was bigger than a normal coupler. I just finished making the arches detachable, I used a coupler system. I wont have pics for a week though. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a 50 mile hike and wont be back until Saturday, so expect them Sunday or Monday. Good bye for a week. Is there any chance this can get added to the directory?
-A side of nerf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users