I think it is time to come up with a universal range testing system.
Here are the things I think that should be done when you are seeing how far your Nerf gun shoots.
1. Use a 100ft measure reel for your ranges. Not your foot, not your step, not a ruler, a 100ft tape measure reel. They can be picked up at any hardware store or ordered online. They look like this.
2. Do not pick up the best made darts from your collection for the range test. During a Nerf war, you won't have time to rummage through your pockets searching for your best made Stefans.
3. For your range testing, pick up at least 10 darts from your collection for the testing
4. Get a friend, mom, brother, or some other person to vouch for your range claim and make sure when you're firing your blaster that the barrel is parallel to the ground. That's means a 0 degree angle.
5. Lay out your tape measure reel. All 100 feet of it. If you don't have room in your backyard, go to a park or something.
6. Load your dart (s) into your barrel (s) like you would in a Nerf war. That means no ram roding. Now do you understand the practicality of a breach or coupler?
7. Once you get an OK from your range testing buddy, pull the trigger.
8. Repeat 6 & 7 until you have no remaining darts.
9. Walk along your tape measure reel until you find your first dart. Record the range and move on until you get to your last dart.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 one more time
11. Now you have your ranges for ONE day.
12. If you want to be super accurate with your ranges (you do) repeat all steps during randomly chosen times in the week.
Suggestions or concerns?
Edited by penguin807, 29 May 2008 - 09:51 PM.